811 users online (110 members and 701 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Right Audrey - I have forgotten about the dog. It was the first time I had ever heard of cadaver dogs.

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by kemo View Post
    [COLOR=black]
    Overall, I think a certain amount of animosity towards Susan is based on the assumption that when a child commits a serious crime, the mother is somehow at fault. While understandable, this is obviously an unfair and cruel judgment.
    Can someone please go over to the Caylee Anthony thread and repeat this???

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    I don't know about the billboard in AG, but there was a billboard at the bottom of the grade on Highway 101, going north, just outside the northern limits of San Luis Obispo.

Also, IIRC, Paul managed to disappear for about 4 hours the morning of Kristen's disappearance and was late for basketball practice that day. When he showed up, he had fresh lacerations on his face. This was part of why he became a POI.

Salem
    He also practically had the whole weekend to take care of whatever because it was the last weekend before summer break and many people had already gone home. Several of Kristin's own friends/acqaintances figured she had already left when they didn't see her anymore that weekend. It wasn't until her parents realized something was wrong because she was expected to be returning home. Even then I think it was Monday or Tuesday before the campus police really got involved.
    A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
    ~ Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by audrey77 View Post
    Plus the dogs that hit on his dorm room...
    Yep, and that's just counting the campus-owned furniture that was left in the room after he moved out of it. Who knows what else they could have found if they had started investigating things before letting him move out and leave the campus.
    A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
    ~ Nelson Mandela

Any Updates in this case at all since this last post.??
    Everything I Write Is JMHO ..

wow this is kinda freaky i posted at about 3 30 and asked if there was any updates and was watching tv at the same time and at 4 oclock american justice comes on i watch it alot and today its on rex Krebs kinda freaky ..
    Everything I Write Is JMHO ..

Unhappy I can't believe it's been 15 years.

Kristin Denise Smart went missing 15 years ago today.

Her case really grabbed hold of me, because (A) Kristin and I are the same age (born in '77), (B) I was living in San Luis Obispo at the time ('95 - '05), and (C) she disappeared just 2 days before my 19th birthday. I never, NEVER thought she would go 15 years without justice.

I did not know her personally - we didn't even go to the same college (I was attending community college while she was at the state college) - but I was very interested in her case from the start, and she's never been far from my mind these last 15 years. Until I moved out of the area, I would think about her every time I went hiking - I would wonder, could she be close by and we just don't know it?

Like many others, I believe PF was involved in her disappearance/death. (To clarify, I did not know him personally either. I had just moved to town a year before and didn't know many people yet.)

Where is Kristin?? I hope and pray she will be eventually be found, so that her family can lay her to rest. And that those responsible for her death are someday brought to justice.

Thinking of Kristin and her family today...

This was on my local news the other morning ... Happy to hear that Parkinson is going to look at the case again.

"Because technology has changed in the area of DNA, we're going to look to submitting anything we possibly have in the case evidence wise that would help us prove and solve the case," said Sheriff Parkinson.

http://www.kcoy.com/story/14710020/t...type=printable
    KSBY also ran a story ...

"I would always take a phone call from Denise or the family if they had any concerns or questions. I understand they're frustrated, I would be equally frustrated not having this case solved after all these years," said Sheriff Ian Parkinson.

He said leads trickle in. They have one investigator working on the case, and he did meet with the Smarts in February. She said that meeting was at her request.

He said he hasn't followed up with her since then, because he's been formulating a new plan for the case, and didn't have any new information. But he hopes this new plan will change that.
    "It's a complete re-examination of every physical piece of evidence we've collected in this case," said Sheriff Parkinson.

He hopes new DNA technology will produce new leads.
    http://www.ksby.com/news/kristin-sma...ers-continues/
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

Mahon sent Parkinson a letter, dated March 5, 2011, in which he shared multiple emails claiming information about Paul Flores’ involvement in the case. Mahon goes on to trace the anonymous emails to Sonoma State University and believes that university officials there can identify the sender of the emails, a potentially major break in the case.

“The lead came in . . .2,837 days ago,” Mahon wrote to Parkinson. “I know that the cops of ‘Law and Order’ could have the lead checked out in under an hour. But in the real world, I can’t see why it would take a single work week—five days tops—to check this lead out, let alone 2,837 days.

“I don’t care how many different ways the Sheriff’s office tries to spin it—there is no way to justify allowing dust to collect on this lead.”
    http://calcoastnews.com/2011/05/kris...5-years-later/
    Hard to believe a tip like that was not followed up on
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

Thanks for the links Knox! I am glad to hear that the Sheriffs Office is re-examining the evidence. I still can't believe the "Ben Franklin" emails were never followed up on. Kristin's case has been handled so poorly up until now that I just hope it is still possible to bring the perp(s) to justice. If I were Sheriff Parkinson, I'd start by subpoenaing the Sonoma State records to find out "Ben Franklin"'s true identity so he can be questioned...

The case of Kristin Smart, the Cal Poly student missing for the last 15 years, gets national exposure Monday night, thanks to a television show on the Lifetime Channel.

Smart’s story will be the subject of next week’s episode of “Vanished!,” a show devoted to finding missing persons, hosted by Beth Holloway, mother of the college student Natalie Holloway who vanished while on vacation in Aruba.

The segment is scheduled to air Monday at 8 p.m. (For those not on the west coast check your local schedules for air time).

full article at link:

http://calcoastnews.com/2011/07/kris...nal-on-monday/
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Thank you, Cubby! Looking forward to seeing this show tonight and if there's any new information in the case.

After watching Vanished tonight, there's an additional piece of information I had never heard before - Kristin's turquoise earring being found at a rental property owned by Flores' parents. There's absolutely no reason why it should have been there. But, what an incredible shame and blow to this case that LE lost this piece of evidence!

Picture of Kristin Smart
    Attached Images Attached Images
    QueenofWands

Unless a link is included, anything I say, is my opinion and my opinion only. It may not be the truth as others see it, but I do have the right to my opinion.

http://920kvec.com/Cold-Case-of-Brut...nty-Y/10804508

Two sentences.

The San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's department has reopened the Kristin Smart investigation. Her body was never found so it is still a missing person case.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast