MO MO - Heather Kullorn, 12, St. Louis, 15 July 1999

felder

Reaction score
Family of girl missing 6 years will celebrate her birthday
By Heather Ratcliffe
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
03/08/2006

Year after year, Christine Kullorn sings "Happy Birthday" and gives a party for her daughter.

Though 6 1/2 years have passed since she last saw Heather, then 12, Kullorn insists on marking the occasion. At a ceremony today, she plans to read a poem and release balloons.

"I don't want people to think we've put it behind us," Kullorn, of St. Clair, said Wednesday. "Though she had her life taken away, she's still a child to me. And I think a she deserves a party."

Heather's friends and family will gather at 1 p.m. at Mount Hope Cemetery on Lemay Ferry Road to remember the girl who never came home from a baby-sitting job in Richmond Heights. She would be 19.

They will meet at the grave of Heather's grandmother, who was buried this day 12 years ago. Heather's aunt will hold a birthday party at her St. Louis home afterward.

"It's a hard day for me," Christine Kullorn said. "But it's good to get her story back into the public and refresh people's memories. Maybe it'll make a difference."

Heather disappeared from the apartment of family friends Dana Madden and Christopher Herbert on July 15, 1999, while baby-sitting the couple's infant daughter. Herbert said he had taken a friend home and returned to find the baby crying and Heather gone.

Herbert was later convicted on a drug charge and sent to prison.

Police said they suspected that Heather was murdered after witnessing drug activity in the apartment's garage but made no accusations against Herbert.

Kullorn said she often feels the child's spirit. "In my heart, she's alive," she said. "I just can't give up."

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...054D03C132FB461C8625712C0020D912?OpenDocument

Heather has been missing since July 1999. She was babysitting for a family friend (a couple). At 2 am a neighbour witnessed someone/something they thought could be Heather being carried out of the building wrapped in a comforter. She has not been seen since.

Since then her mother has held out the hope that her daughter is still alive and that one day she will return home safe. The police have never named anyone publicly as a suspect but Heathers mum suspects the couple Heather was babysitting for know more than they are letting on about what happened to Heather that night. Apparantly the mans alibi has changed several times about where he was at the time. Heathers mum has also had a verbal confrontation with the woman Heather was staying with at the time stating her views. I believe police were called to the incident in a store.

The man in the couple was later jailed on drugs charges and it is the belief that Heather had witnessed some drug activity whilst at the house and this is why she was killed - such a pretty girl. At the time of her disappearence Heather had her ears pierced multiple times and had shaved off her eyebrows.

This happened quite near where I live. At the time I remember thinking what was a 12 year old doing babysitting alone at that time of night. I am mid 40's and routinely did without a thought but yet my first thought about that girl is why was she there alone.

I guess that is a sign of either the world has changed, that I'm getting old or both....

The fact that there was blood makes me think she didn't make it out of that home alive.

But I wonder why they suspect the husband. The witness said she saw a "man" - wouldn't she have recognized the homeowner if it was him?

Makes me wonder about the neighbor. Up at 2 am? Saw a man carrying a girl of roughly Heather's age and size? In a comforter?

I'd be havin' some long conversations with this person!

Good point bykerlady, hadnt thought of that.

Surely even if she had spotted some drug activity it wasnt necessary to kill her though! What a waste, and if it was supplying drugs there must be a few people who knew what she had witnessed and then decided to keep quiet when she went missing.

often think of her...i lived only about a mile from where she lived when this happened. it made me feel very unsafe...i wish they would have found answers. its appears her birthday is coming up again soon. happy birthday heather... i do think she probably saw something she shouldnt have. i dont know why they didnt question the convict (!)

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=141879

10 March 08

Nine years after the disappearance of a St. Louis girl, her family hasn't given up hope of finding out what happened to her. Relatives of Heather Kullorn held a vigil Sunday evening, on what would have been her 21st birthday.

They brought balloons. But instead of celebrating, her family is at the cemetery, in front of the plot that would belong to her if her body was ever found.

more at link

Makes me wonder about the neighbor. Up at 2 am?

What's so unusual about that? I've been a night owl all my life and have worked night shift for the past couple of years. Even on nights when I don't work I frequently stay up late, including last night -- I posted on WS at like 5:30 a.m. last night. And I've never killed anyone.

What's so unusual about that? I've been a night owl all my life and have worked night shift for the past couple of years. Even on nights when I don't work I frequently stay up late, including last night -- I posted on WS at like 5:30 a.m. last night. And I've never killed anyone.

Especially if there was a baby in the house. I have a 5-week-old who is up at all hours of the night and morning.

This is an article from last year; however, I'm hoping to see some updated articles next week:

Heather Kullorn Case Continues to Haunt Police
July 15, 2012 4:00 AM

Snipped:

“We have a drawer of information dedicated to this case,” Schaeffler said, “One of my detectives is assigned to the case, and he’s continually following up and keeps his notes and spreadsheets going all the time, always referring to them when new information comes in.”

banner3.jpg

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2012/07/15/heather-kullorn-case-continues-to-haunt-police/

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_4c2dc461-b255-5661-8553-7e0e9a6ae46a.html

Heather Kullorn was 12 years old when she went missing 15 years ago. She was a spitfire adolescent and she loved kids.

Christine Kullorn said she often thinks of what her daughter, Heather, would be like today: outspoken and independent, matured from that cheeky adolescent attitude. She thinks Heather, who would be 27 years old now, would have made a great mom. Her daughter had always loved babies.

“She was just a riot,” her mom said, laughing softly. “And she was cheated out of a lot of things. I miss her dearly.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back