1158 users online (241 members and 917 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wonderful News!!!

Madonna Quits Acting

Madonna has vowed never to star in another movie, because she fears her terrible acting reputation will condemn any film.
    The pop superstar has worked on a string of notorious flops including Shanghai Surprise, Swept Away and Body of Evidence.

She explains, "What film can survive people saying it's going to be a bomb from the second it's announced?

"Making movies is such an effort.

"And to do that over and over again, with the possibility that I am going to get the (bleep) kicked out of me--and they really enjoy doing it--I mean, it doesn't make sense."

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3483068

For the record, her making movies never made any sense to me either.

bahahahahahaha.....did she ever START acting?

Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    Madonna Quits Acting

Madonna has vowed never to star in another movie, because she fears her terrible acting reputation will condemn any film.
    The pop superstar has worked on a string of notorious flops including Shanghai Surprise, Swept Away and Body of Evidence.

She explains, "What film can survive people saying it's going to be a bomb from the second it's announced?

"Making movies is such an effort.

"And to do that over and over again, with the possibility that I am going to get the (bleep) kicked out of me--and they really enjoy doing it--I mean, it doesn't make sense."

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3483068

For the record, her making movies never made any sense to me either.
    Didn't she have some success with Desperately Seeking Susan, and Evita. I don't think she is a good actress, but I thought she did have some success, lol. I mean after all she was a successful singer, and I don't think she is all that good at that either.

I tried watching Desperately Seeking Susan and couldn't finish it. She was just awful.

What was the one with Warren Beatty? That was awful too.

I didn't see Evita, but I know it didn't get the rave reviews she had been hoping for. She wanted that role sooooo bad and bugged everyone until she got it. She thought it would turn her career around. Didn't happen.

She needs to stick with singing... she obviously has a fan base for that.

Personally, I can't stand her. I think she's trash. JMO...

The movie I remember with Madonna was "Body of Evidence." William Dafoe was in it with her. So to speak. Very graphic stuff.

Eve

She was good in Evita - perfect for the very ambiguous role of Eva Peron. I love that movie, although it's hard to even recognize her in that role as Madonna. Antonio Banderas is good too. Just the right casting I guess.

It was interesting - apparently there was huge resistance to doing that movie in Argentina - Evita is a very controversial subject there - some think she was the most wonderful person ever, a saint, others think she was a horrible slut who used the country. They managed to make a movie that satisfied both sides, contained the ambiguity.

Without a doubt the stupidest and most annoying role she ever played was in "Who's That Girl"...this airheaded, flaky parolee. Awful, awful, awful.

Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh
    Without a doubt the stupidest and most annoying role she ever played was in "Who's That Girl"...this airheaded, flaky parolee. Awful, awful, awful.
    OMG, I totally forgot about that movie!! I think I liked it when I was a teen, but have only seen it that once and don't remember much of it.

I think she's very talented with music and should stick to what she's good at.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

Quote Originally Posted by Details
    She was good in Evita - perfect for the very ambiguous role of Eva Peron. I love that movie, although it's hard to even recognize her in that role as Madonna. Antonio Banderas is good too. Just the right casting I guess.

It was interesting - apparently there was huge resistance to doing that movie in Argentina - Evita is a very controversial subject there - some think she was the most wonderful person ever, a saint, others think she was a horrible slut who used the country. They managed to make a movie that satisfied both sides, contained the ambiguity.
    I loved her in Evita! Antonio Banderas did a great job, too, and the music was great!

I do like her music, maybe she had better stick to that.. I saw her in concert years ago and she puts on a great show..

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

ohhhooooohhhooohh HELLO?!!

WHEN DID SHE START?
    NOW SHE'S GOING TO RETIRE BEFORE I SEE HER ACT?

Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    What was the one with Warren Beatty? That was awful too.
    Dick Tracy

Cast of characters:
    Warren Beatty
    Madonna
    Dustin Hoffman
    Al Pacino
    Mandy Patinkin

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMom
    I loved her in Evita! Antonio Banderas did a great job, too, and the music was great!
    I love the "Oh, but it's sad when a love affair dies... which means #%#% #$%^^!!" - fun song, great montage that really does a good job summarizing the story.

I am not a big fan of Madonna, but I do have a CD of her Classic Greats that I LOVE and Evita is one of my favorite films. That one didn't get rave reviews because it was too high-brow for the typical Madonna fans and most movie-goers won't go to musicals -- too bad, they missed a great film. I was a big follower of the Evita theatrical production and was not expecting much from the film but Madonna and Antonio Banderas did an excellent job in the demanding acting, singing and dancing performances. Madonna was perfect as Evita.

This reminds me. I need to buy the DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypros
    This reminds me. I need to buy the DVD.
    You won't regret it! Enjoy!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast