Drunk Doctor In Operating Room

Jean

Former Member
Reaction score
Doc May Have Been Drunk in Operating Room

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/03/09/D8G86SS00.html

The chief of neurosurgery at Highland Hospital was wrestled to an operating room floor by deputies and arrested after allegedly throwing a drunken fit when a nurse refused to let him operate, authorities said. More at link

Jesus! How in the heck did it even get that far? He should have been removed long before it even got to that point!

There's no telling what all this doctor has already done and this is just the one that they finally decided to step in. I found out when I went to nursing school that my doctor was an alcoholic and the orthopedist who operated about 5 times on my husband was addicted to cocaine and my elderly neighbor's heart doctor was one whom the nursing instructors said that they wouldn't even take a dog to see.

My sister knows a guy that's a neurological surgical asst- he opens the head, and I think he closes it, too- that finally got help for his alcoholism/drug addiction. He has admitted that he often worked drunk. :rolleyes:

Took my ex to his surgeon to be examined to decide if he needed to be put in the hospital. I saw the surgeon drinking out of a brown paper bag. Ex Hubby said he wreaked of whiskey.Thank God they didn't need to operate. Oh and what was even worse, he was the compnys surgeon.So anyone treated buy him were having very risky whisky surgery.

I bet this goes on more than we could ever guess.. How sad! It sure gives good Dr.'s a bad rep!

The OB-GYN who ended up delivering my daughter (23 years ago *cough*) was drunk! She was not my doctor but he was, of course, on vacation when I went into labor. The nurses ended up doing most everything. She was drunk when she came in and when it came time to deliver, she had sobered up. I was/am not THAT laid back, but I wasn't aware she was under the influence. She was foreign and spoke with a very thick accent anyway so her slurring didn't seem to be that big of a difference. Also, I didn't smell the alcohol, but the nurses did and I found out later they had called another physician in as a back up. Thank goodness I didn't have any complications. She was reprimanded but they essentially did nothing to her. Then one day she was found driving her Benz in circles in the parking lot, hit parked cars and everything. Her butt was hauled off to jail. She is not practicing any longer. Thank GOODNESS!

ETA: We also had two radiologists who were BIG TIME drunks! There was a running joke about one of them because he always drank George Dickel (sp?). They drove drunk and were finally forced into alcohol counseling and one just up and left. Such a waste of an education, IMO.

Jean said:
Doc May Have Been Drunk in Operating Room

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/03/09/D8G86SS00.html

The chief of neurosurgery at Highland Hospital was wrestled to an operating room floor by deputies and arrested after allegedly throwing a drunken fit when a nurse refused to let him operate, authorities said. More at link
This nurse was very heroic. I would want her in the operating room if I were in that situation.

lollipop3 said:
This nurse was very heroic. I would want her in the operating room if I were in that situation.
I was thinking the same thing. This guy was belligerent and thought he owned the world. He's one of those people that seems to intimidate people. This nurse was a brave lady. She's to be commended for standing up to him. She aint skeered! :croc:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back