716 users online (80 members and 636 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58
    I spoke to SherlockJr last night and our discussion has opened up a couple of new ideas for investigation. We concluded that since we know that the newer portrait of Brody was taken circa 1970, the picture of Brody as a younger man was probably 25-to-30 years before. That means that the picture was taken circa 1940-1945 in San Francisco - exactly when Margaret Kukoda came to San Francisco during WWII.

This bolsters the theory that Brody and Margaret knew each other in PA (they are both from PA and they both appear in SF at the same time). If so, someone in Kukoda's family may know who Brody is - possibly even his real name. SherlockJr is going to persue this angle and contact any surviving siblings and other family members to see if they can provide us with any additional information.

Meanwhile, I will be speaking to LE shortly to see if we can get some of the contents of the Box from Hell back so we can persue some of the leads that require its contents. Hopefully, I will also get an update on the progress of their investigation.
    Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from [URL="http://www.lulu.com/conte

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doogie View Post
    This bolsters the theory that Brody and Margaret knew each other in PA (they are both from PA and they both appear in SF at the same time). If so, someone in Kukoda's family may know who Brody is - possibly even his real name. SherlockJr is going to persue this angle and contact any surviving siblings and other family members to see if they can provide us with any additional information.
    According to death records for Margaret, she was born in NJ. However the town in PA where she lived before moving to CA was Doylestown in Bucks County.

iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.

Margaret Kukoda Census records

Is the census records you have been going by for the Margaret Kukoda Family the 1930 Bucks county, Durham PA records? Is this the information you are going by determining MK is from PA?

Father- Anthony Kukoda b. 1875
    Mother- Esther Kukoda b. 1885
    Children - Stephen, Joseph, Frank, Michael, Margaret, John, Madeline

In 1910 - NJ they spelled it Kukido with Kuksdo listed as an alternate spelling. In 1920 - NJ they spelled it Kahnhe with Kokoda listed as an alternate spelling. By 1930 the spelling became Kukoda, by then 3 of the children had moved from the house and 2 of the boys where found living in MI as loggers (in 1930) and continued to spell it Kokoda. Any of these spellings could be used by any of them.

I can go into more detail if anyone is interested. I am positive they are the same families. All the kids (10 total) birth years, first names all match up according to year etc.

I don't think this Margaret is Brody's MK as someone else mentioned the birth months are off.

Quote Originally Posted by iNTERESTEDWOMAN View Post
    Is the census records you have been going by for the Margaret Kukoda Family the 1930 Bucks county, Durham PA records? Is this the information you are going by determining MK is from PA?

Father- Anthony Kukoda b. 1875
    Mother- Esther Kukoda b. 1885
    Children - Stephen, Joseph, Frank, Michael, Margaret, John, Madeline

In 1910 - NJ they spelled it Kukido with Kuksdo listed as an alternate spelling. In 1920 - NJ they spelled it Kahnhe with Kokoda listed as an alternate spelling. By 1930 the spelling became Kukoda, by then 3 of the children had moved from the house and 2 of the boys where found living in MI as loggers (in 1930) and continued to spell it Kokoda. Any of these spellings could be used by any of them.

I can go into more detail if anyone is interested. I am positive they are the same families. All the kids (10 total) birth years, first names all match up according to year etc.

I don't think this Margaret is Brody's MK as someone else mentioned the birth months are off.
    Please do continue looking into this. I am especially interested in the branch of the family that ended up in Michigan. Thanks!
    Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from [URL="http://www.lulu.com/conte

No one has clarified the Margaret Kukoda question I asked a couple times yesterday. Dr. Doogie...anyone? Is the Margaret, (Daughter of Anthony & Esther Kukoda) the one you believe to be Brody's MK? If so, has anyone called her sister Madlyn Chasar? (It is spelled Madaline in the census records, but spelled Madlyn in her parents obits) She's still alive (85) and lives in Hellertown PA. I've got her phone number if you want it.

Again, I will state that this Margaret has a different birth month than Brody's Margaret.

Quote Originally Posted by iNTERESTEDWOMAN View Post
    No one has clarified the Margaret Kukoda question I asked a couple times yesterday. Dr. Doogie...anyone? Is the Margaret, (Daughter of Anthony & Esther Kukoda) the one you believe to be Brody's MK? If so, has anyone called her sister Madlyn Chasar? (It is spelled Madaline in the census records, but spelled Madlyn in her parents obits) She's still alive (85) and lives in Hellertown PA. I've got her phone number if you want it.

Again, I will state that this Margaret has a different birth month than Brody's Margaret.
    Madlyn is no longer living in her home. A neighbor was able to give me some information where to find her.

Quote Originally Posted by SherlockJr View Post
    Madlyn is no longer living in her home. A neighbor was able to give me some information where to find her.
    YIPEE! So she is still alive...(I had my doubts after I posted that...and seeing my mother was still listed as living)that is so cool!!! Oh the answers to many mysteries that lady could hold. I just hope she doesn't have dementia or alzheimer's or any mind altering disease! I'm praying she's like my 85 year old next door neighbor who remembers everything about everybody all the time!!!

Just a tought. This thread is so long perhaps it's time to start a second and lock this one. Can you look into that Doogie?
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

This thread has been moved to a Part 2. Please post any new info on the new thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by laini View Post
    I found a George L. Brody listed in the online index of 'Cemetary Inscriptions Of Stark County, Ohio' Volume 4 - 1982. I wonder if Brody was from Ohio and had arranged for his ashes to be buried there, or if this is not even our Brody. I can find no further information. I don't know if the 1982 is referring to when the index was published or the date the cemetary inscription was made.
    Wanted to bump this up...

Interesting. Laini's post has a lot more significance now knowing L. is possibly Brody's middle name.

since we have a part two started, I sent Christine a pm asking she lock this one.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58