Theory #2: Family Abduction by George Waters with George Brody and/or Associates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Doogie

Reaction score
This thread will be for discussion concerning possible involvement by George Waters (Anna's birthfather) and his mentor George Brody. I will copy forward the relevant material from the previous thread and re-post it her in a condensed form.

On 11/16/2005, Dr. Doogie posted:

"Anna's birth father was named George Henry Waters. He married Michaele B. in 1964 in New York City while attending Columbia Medical School. The family moved to San Francisco for him to complete his residency where Anna was born September 25, 1967.

Around the time of Anna's birth, George Waters met an older man by the name of George Brody (probably an alias). Brody was a man in his sixties at that time who immediately started to manipulate Waters and his family into his small cult of personality. Marital strains caused by Brody's manipulation and increasingly paranoid behavior by Waters led to Anna's parents divorcing shortly after her birth.

Although Waters came from a well-to-do family and was a physician working at three different facilities, he moved into a seedy hotel in the Tenderloin district of San Francisco with Brody as his roommate. Brody, who appears to have never worked a day in his life, was completely supported financially by Waters. Waters appears to have not made any moves or decisions with the full approval of Brody. (It should be clarified that even though these were two adult men living in very close arrangements, there has never been any evidence or hint that their relationship was sexual. It appeared to be more a twisted version of guru and disciple.)

Brody showed an disturbing level of interest in Anna. He believed that Anna was the reincarnation of a woman that Brody had lived with for several decades (this despite the fact that Anna was born before the woman in question had died). At Brody's and Water's insistence, the mother agreed to let Anna's name be legally changed, adding the nonsense word "Eifee" as middle name. This was demanded by Brody so that Anna's name and his name would "numerologically" add up to the same number.

In the few years after Anna's birth, George's behavior became more irrational: demanding money from his family, complaints to Anna's mother concerning what was a small child support payment for Anna, crazy accusations toward any and all who used to be his friends. Waters was finally diagnosed as a paranoid-schizophrenic. His family decided against having him committed (even though he had shown himself to be a danger to himself and others) in an effort to let him maintain his doctor's license.

Water's devotion to Brody and Brody's unusual attention to Anna lead back to the sighting of "a young man and an old man" driving a white panel truck in the vicinity of Anna's disappearance. Waters was in his thirties while Brody was in his seventies. Interestingly, after Anna's disappearance, Waters never contacted the mother to see what had happened or to offer condolences. His only known reaction was to contact his attorney to see if he could discontinue his child support payments.

Attached is a picture of George Waters circa 1964:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/drdoo...9&.dnm=43ea.jpg

Attached is a picture of George Brody from 1974:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/drdoo...94f.jpg&.src=ph

On 11/18/05, Dr. Doogie posted:

It should be stated that both LE and a very respected private investigator who examined Waters and Brody concluded that they could find no direct evidence that they had anything to do with Anna's disappearance. However, absence of evidence is not the same as innocence. And both LE and the PI agreed that the two Georges were extremely odd and capable of doing crazy things.

Brody developed throat cancer and was treated by Waters (who was a physician). Brody died Christmas Eve 1981. His death certificate may have been the only official piece of paperwork that ever existed on Brody - it showed no known birth date, no known relatives and no social security number.

After the death of Brody, Waters went into a frenzy of activity. He started destroying any paperwork or personal information pertaining to himself, Brody or Anna. The few items that he did not destroy were items that were not readily accessible such as safe deposit boxes.

Approximately two weeks after the death of Brody, Waters killed himself by drinking posion while in his hotel room. His death certificate shows a date of January 7, 1982, but this is speculation by the SF Coroner because Waters' body was not discovered until approximately a week after his suicide.

I have come up with a couple of ideas to help find out who George Brody actually is. One is to contact the family members of the woman that he lived with before Waters. She had a very unique last name and there are some people with the same name living in the Bay area, so I assume that they are relatives of hers. My other thought is to try and find a woman that GW worked with named Seka that Brody attempted to woo into becoming a follower. I am going to start with Water's workplace and the doctors who I can identify from the "Box from Hell" that knew Waters. They may be able to give me a last name for this Seka. I will keep you all posted.

DrDoogie, if you are able to contact any of the dr's that GW worked with is there a possibility that you could see if they still have records of GW clients? I am thinking that maybe GB was a patient of his and if so that you might be able to get some info from his records. I know they are confidential but since he is deceased maybe they could/would give you a S.S# or the next of kin that he listed to contact in case of emergency. If they met at the clinic as dr/patient his paper work would already have been filled out and just maybe he gave a name, address or phone # of who to contact. Just an idea..........

I know all your sleuthers will think I have lost my mind, but something has just come to me. With GB obsession of names, and him probably having an alias, could we be searching all this wrong. What if he was born Brody George and wanted his and GW's first names to be the same so he just reversed it. Look how he insisted that GW and Anns's mom add Eefie to Anna's name so it would match his name numerically and would be the same as the lady he knew. I have even thought that maybe he came to this country as an imigrant. I have searched the list of imigrants who came to the US at Ellis Island, thinking maybe he is from another country. Annasmom we are still trying, I think of her all the time and hope we can help you in someway to find answers.

kyresearcher said:
I know all your sleuthers will think I have lost my mind, but something has just come to me. With GB obsession of names, and him probably having an alias, could we be searching all this wrong. What if he was born Brody George and wanted his and GW's first names to be the same so he just reversed it. Look how he insisted that GW and Anns's mom add Eefie to Anna's name so it would match his name numerically and would be the same as the lady he knew. I have even thought that maybe he came to this country as an imigrant. I have searched the list of imigrants who came to the US at Ellis Island, thinking maybe he is from another country. Annasmom we are still trying, I think of her all the time and hope we can help you in someway to find answers.
Thank you, kyresearcher. I was wondering where everybody went. Brainstorming is always a good thing.

Annasmom, I am still here. Not a day goes by that I do not think of Anna's
plight. I wish I had some brilliant ideas to contrubte to this thread but unforunitly I don't. I would like to hear from Anna's kindergarden teacher on why she believes Anna was kidnapped. Has she every disclosed her reasons to you? Also maybe you have mentioned this before but how did your husband meet George Brody?

mjak

mjak said:
Annasmom, I am still here. Not a day goes by that I do not think of Anna's
plight. I wish I had some brilliant ideas to contrubte to this thread but unforunitly I don't. I would like to hear from Anna's kindergarden teacher on why she believes Anna was kidnapped. Has she every disclosed her reasons to you? Also maybe you have mentioned this before but how did your husband meet George Brody?

mjak
Thank you, Mjak. The woman Brody lived with was a patient of George Waters. Apparently it was after she died that the two Georges moved in together.

I just did some snooping around in the cenus database and I found a George Brody listed as living in califronia in the 1920 census. He has his idenitfication listed as Lodger in the home. It says he was born in Massachusets and his father was born in Ireland. His employent is listed as clerk in a soda plant. He lists his age as 26, which I believe would make him 79 years old in 1973. Could this be our George Brody. Annasmom do you recall anything about him being of Irish? heritage?

mjak

DrDoogie, thanks for posting the photos, great work! On the "younger picture of GB" it shows a studio name, can you tell us what it says, I can't read it. Maybe that would give us an idea to what location he was in when it was taken. Thanks

It looks as though the portrait was done at the studio of
"Marguerite Kilroy" in San Francisco....from what I can tell.

I find his inscription odd....Then again, what about George wasn't?:(

mjak said:
I just did some snooping around in the cenus database and I found a George Brody listed as living in califronia in the 1920 census. He has his idenitfication listed as Lodger in the home. It says he was born in Massachusets and his father was born in Ireland. His employent is listed as clerk in a soda plant. He lists his age as 26, which I believe would make him 79 years old in 1973. Could this be our George Brody. Annasmom do you recall anything about him being of Irish? heritage?

mjak

Unfortuitly, the census has only gotten as far as the 1930 census online.
so I can't follow this man's trail. The 1930 census does not show him but I believe it is still incomplete at this time. When I go to work tomorrow, I will call
my census reserch contacts and see if I can get the rest of the census accessed.

mjak

mfmangel1 said:

Not such an odd inscription if he was a theatrical romantic and gave
this picture to a girlfriend.

mjak

mjak said:

mjak
He was always totally secretive about his background, so he never mentioned being of Irish heritage, but it seems entirely possible. And the age seems about right, too. I wonder if there was really a soda plant in San Francisco in 1920.

mfmangel1 said:

There was a photograph by this same photographer listed on e-bay with a date of December 1951. The matting seemed similar to this one of Brody. If he was living in San Francisco some 23 years before Anna disappeared in 1973, there absolutely has to be someone in the area who knows something about him.

Annasmom said:
He was always totally secretive about his background, so he never mentioned being of Irish heritage, but it seems entirely possible. And the age seems about right, too. I wonder if there was really a soda plant in San Francisco in 1920.
According to the information I found "American Trona" was a company that
ran a soda ash plant in california in the early 20 th century. It was the only soda
ash plant in california. Maybe this is where he worked?

mjak

Okay, I got some more information off the 1920 census. It is not so easy to read!!
Mr. George W. Brody was living in Cartago in the county of INYO ? in california. I am not familiar with the State of California so this does not mean anything to me. His father is listed as being in Missouri not massachustes and I originaly thought. Also everyone listed on this page of this census was employed in this Soda Plant.

mjak

mjak said:
Okay, I got some more information off the 1920 census. It is not so easy to read!!
Mr. George W. Brody was living in Cartago in the county of INYO ? in california. I am not familiar with the State of California so this does not mean anything to me. His father is listed as being in Missouri not massachustes and I originaly thought. Also everyone listed on this page of this census was employed in this Soda Plant.

mjak
Inyo County is pretty far away from San Francisco. There is a Searles Valley Historical Association which has information on American Trona (which produced potash and borax and is still operating after several name changes.) Somehow I would take Brody to be a city boy rather than a clerk in a Central Valley California chemical plant, but you never know. What amazes me is how many George Brodys have turned up. I would never take that to be a common name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82