798 users online (88 members and 710 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by InterestedNHelping
    A little note here...Many 'celebritites' do not want their privacy and home revealed to the public, or in a public way because they are followed, worshipped or otherwise stalked by a person that scares or threatens them.( I have 2 friends who are celebrities, and the stories are frightening, what they endure)

I know I would be afraid if that was my situation.(this is purely speculative on my part) The other thing is that she may be well aware of the past history of the place, and feel that she would not like to open any 'karmic' doors of the land she lives on...there could be alot about it all that we cannot imagine she might be thinking of in this situation. Who knows? I would want to help, but people have many reasons for their choices...There might be a time and place she will be more receptive to Annasmom, if the situation should arise, at least, I believe that in my heart.
    I completely disagree.

I see absolutely no reason to ignore the letters/contacts from the family of a missing child knowing there is a possibility that you could help. It would be at least humane to acknowledge them, but she does not even respond. It doesn't sound as though she may be receptive in the future if she doesn't even take the time to respond. How long should Annasmom have to wait for her to decide to do the right thing?

I seriously doubt fans are beating down her gates to get to her. She isn't Elvis.

"Karma" may not be very kind to her because of her actions, or rather inactions, regarding Anna.

I would think there would be nothing wrong with allowing a low-key, one-time sweep of the property. That could not possibly harm her. I doubt the paparazzi is hanging out at the farm for photos on a daily basis. I can't even remember the last time I saw a photo of her or heard anything about her.

Yet, as someone else mentioned, Neil Young is still extremely popular and in the limelight with new music on a regular basis. He gives regular interviews and still tours. However, he is deeply involved in the community, especially with The Bridge School for special-needs children. He is also involved with numerous other charities.

I realize everyone is different, but everyone should have a heart for a missing child and her family and try to help if they are able to.

BTW, I am glad someone asked who the "celebrity" is. I was afraid to!

Maybe she acts like that because she is trying to convince herself that she is "someone". You know, if she acts the part then maybe somebody will believe her? She probably just can't accept the fact that nobody really cares about her and who she is. I have no clue who it is even with the first name and initial but then again I am not very good at trivia either.

Some celebrities handle fame and fortune different. I had the pleasure of meeting Garth Brooks and talking to him on almost a daily basis a few years ago. I couldn't believe how down to earth and friendly he was. I expected him to travel in a limo with body guards all around him. Nope, he drove up in his Chevy truck all by himself.
    Retired 08/03/03

No PM received

I didn't get a PM. Not sure how it all works. Should I just post my e-mail so you can contact me direct and then remove that post? No issue with that. All advice appreciated.

Gayle

Quote Originally Posted by rideforfun
    I didn't get a PM. Not sure how it all works. Should I just post my e-mail so you can contact me direct and then remove that post? No issue with that. All advice appreciated.

Gayle
    When you log in, under the "welcome" at the upper right of the page, you should see where your private messages are.

thank you

I have read the PM -- thanks for that hint on where to find it. I'll check there every now and again.

Appreciate the help.

A few questions

I wasn't sure where to put this..... A few questions:

In the 5-10 minutes Anna was not heard, is it possible she left the yard and would have taken a walk on her own? Had she done so before without her brothers? How far would Annasmom, or Annasfamily estimate she could have walked during that time? And, where there any other properties other than Annas which may have had abandoned wells. Is it possible she may have fallen into something on another property which was not searched?

When the mail deliverers daughter heard the noise sounding like someone was stealing something, where was that heard in relation to Annas house? Was it near access to a trail or road?

The neighbors who moved approximately a week prior to Anna being missing. Is Annas mom still in contact with them? Where they questioned? Annasmom- or brothers, do you recall anyone looking to rent the property? Anyone who showed interest, viewed it a few times and decided not to rent or was declined from renting? Is there any way to contact that Leslie Mickles ( forget the exact name ) to see if he declined any particular renter due to a negative background check?
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I wasn't sure where to put this..... A few questions:

In the 5-10 minutes Anna was not heard, is it possible she left the yard and would have taken a walk on her own? Had she done so before without her brothers? How far would Annasmom, or Annasfamily estimate she could have walked during that time? And, where there any other properties other than Annas which may have had abandoned wells. Is it possible she may have fallen into something on another property which was not searched?

When the mail deliverers daughter heard the noise sounding like someone was stealing something, where was that heard in relation to Annas house? Was it near access to a trail or road?

The neighbors who moved approximately a week prior to Anna being missing. Is Annas mom still in contact with them? Where they questioned? Annasmom- or brothers, do you recall anyone looking to rent the property? Anyone who showed interest, viewed it a few times and decided not to rent or was declined from renting? Is there any way to contact that Leslie Mickles ( forget the exact name ) to see if he declined any particular renter due to a negative background check?
    Of course anything is possible, but her brothers were not yet home from school and the dog was still in the yard when Anna went missing, so it is unlikely that she took off on her own. There were no houses near enough that she could have fallen into anybody's well, and the possibility of wells has been checked out thoroughly...there weren't any, because people got their water from the creek. The neighbors who moved helped us search and I am still in touch with them. I don't know about possible renters, but Mickels was planning extensive renovations and wanted the rest of us to move. I suppose anyone wanting to rent would have applied at his office or something (not at the farm). I think it is a good idea to try to track down the landlord, but he was not at all a sympathetic person and I am not sure he could or would help us.

Thank you Annasmom. Saturn being in the yard, does make it very unlikely Anna left the yard on her own. It's also very unlikely Mickels would have any records for rent applications so many years ago, however, it might be a good idea to contact him today, and see if he has any recollection of anyone unusual. Perhaps, back then he simply appeared unsympathetic as his dealings with the property were strictly on a business level. Now that he is no longer has business with the property perhaps he can be of some help. Maybe even knowing the names of the person who head the motorcycle club, or the horse club. I've always thought if we could get the name of whoever ran the motorcycle or horse club, perhaps they might recall something.

It's worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Annasmom View Post
    Of course anything is possible, but her brothers were not yet home from school and the dog was still in the yard when Anna went missing, so it is unlikely that she took off on her own. There were no houses near enough that she could have fallen into anybody's well, and the possibility of wells has been checked out thoroughly...there weren't any, because people got their water from the creek. The neighbors who moved helped us search and I am still in touch with them. I don't know about possible renters, but Mickels was planning extensive renovations and wanted the rest of us to move. I suppose anyone wanting to rent would have applied at his office or something (not at the farm). I think it is a good idea to try to track down the landlord, but he was not at all a sympathetic person and I am not sure he could or would help us.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Cubby I agree, it's worth a shot trying to get in touch with Mickels.

bumping to the front page.
    ~JMO~

Thinking outloud.....

Going back over the possibility Anna drowned.

I've read back, and the last time Joe Ford commented he wasn't entirely certain the possibility of Anna drowing, or not being uncovered via the initial seaches weighed heavy on his mind. With all due respect, especially to Annasmom and family, I think we need to reconsider and re-examine certain possibilities or scenarios. With no stone unturned comes no tunnel vision to any single theory either.

For those who have had the opportunity to read all the threads and come here late, to summarize the creek was searched many times. We don't have a 'timeline' so to speak on when the search of the creek concluded, but based on a few things, I think it is possible previous searches did not fully eliminate the possibility Anna is not far from where she went missing.

1)The creek: I would like to know if we have a timeline, at least a minimal timeline when the search of the creek concluded.

2)The property where Anna went missing is, IIRC, well over 600 acres and privately owned. Being privately owned it has been inaccesible for some time.

3)Most of us WS'rs who follow several cases, especially recent cases, and have had the opportunity to scrutinize, (some almost under a microscope based on media and available info) KNOW that evidence and remains have been found on property that had been searched very thoroughly numerous times.

4) I would love to be able to (and this may be just a wish list) have a map done of the original property boundaries and area searched with an overlap kind of thing of current private property and property available to the public for hiking etc. In other words, an A Area originally searched, B creek searched, C current private property D current public property. I envision this with multi transclucent color mapped out and marked accordingly.

I can't personally rule out Anna is not still somewhere in the general area..
    but as a non local, I can't personally get there to foot search on current public property. And after close to 40 years I can't say that whatever remains existed haven't been scattered
    The above may be helpful to get Annas case out to those in the area who have access to public property.

I also think, given Anna went missing in January, which is a winter month, the small possibility exists the noise like someone was stealing something heard by a neighbor was perhaps Anna being the victim of a mountain lion, or coyote.

I'm coming back to this again, due to the lack of evidence to support or rule out any theory. Because of that, it might help to at least get a flier out to those in the immediate area who have access to public area's. Especially in the event something small might be uncovered, which could be forensically tied to Anna and finally find an answer to Annas disappearance.

jmo respectfully.
    Last edited by Cubby; 10-04-2010 at 02:58 AM.
    ~JMO~

I firmly believe that the creek theory is highly improbable.

*The creek was thoroughly examined over several weeks in numerous searches - both immediately after the disappearance and even inch-by-inch by Joe in scuba gear. Add to the fact that no one has found any unidentified human bones in or near the creek in the 37 years since (the one exception was the body found from the unrelated murder downstream where the victim's body was buried in an earthen dam).

*The creek has heavy foilage the entire lenth from the farm to the ocean (a couple of miles length). Having viewed the foilage, I highly doubt that Anna could have washed out to sea.

*If Anna's body had made it to the ocean, local fisherman thoroughly scoured the area where the creek flowed into the ocean for several days after the disappearance.

All of this adds up to the following scenario: if Anna went iinto the creek, she would have had to not gotten caught up in the vegatation and washed out to sea, then her body would have had to not float, but immediately sunk to the oceans depths never to be seen again - no body, no clothes, no bones, nothing.

I also doubt the wild animal attack scenario since such attacks very rarely result in a victim being completely consumed by the predator with no body parts or clothing found later. The thorough search of the area would have turned up evidence of such an attack - remember, Anna was close by the home when she disappeared, so it is unlikely that such an attack could have occured without noise or evidence such as a pool of blood not being noticed by the searchers.
    Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from [URL="http://www.lulu.com/conte

Considering how many cases we have seen at WS where area's were searched multiple times- with todays standards - and later evidence was found of missing persons in those same area's, I'm hesitant to say with certainty we can conclusively rule out the possibilities Anna washed up away from the creek when water levels lowered, or was the victim of an animal attack, within or immediately outside the area's searched.

However, without a map of the full area searched it is hard to say either way. Especially given the area's which are or are not currently available to public access.

Back to the no stone unturned, I think this possibility should be considered, if for nothing else to ensure anyone with access to these area's might give second thought to any evidence which might be found.

If by the small chance, evidence of Anna is still in the area, I would hate to think evidence may go unfound if we choose to limit the avenues which to research.

Heavy foliage leads me to believe moreso, evidence could have been missed....

Do we know how far outside it's normal banks the creek flowed during the flood stage and how wide did that overflow extend over the 4 miles or so from the farm to the ocean? How much foliage might have covered how far the creek overflowed in the days, weeks and months following Annas disappearance?

If people still have access to this area along the creek, would it not be wise to ensure anyone with access was aware of Annas case? or is that area so heavily traveled we can conclusively rule it out?

jmo
    Last edited by Cubby; 10-04-2010 at 04:42 AM.
    ~JMO~

Quote Originally Posted by Annasmom View Post
    Well, that's strange. Who would not be sympathetic about a missing five year girl?
    moo
    My Opinion Only..MOO

Imo, because Anna's bro witnessed a possible attempted abduction, iirc, three weeks prior, of Anna even with the brothers there, that they were bold enough to return, and try again.
    Whether they were hired by someone else, or they themselves wanted her, who knows, but the falling into the creek imo isn't what happened to Anna. Her rubber boots would have been easy enough to see, and would have floated.

I'm equally sure that research has been done about any wells, whether water, oil, or any other kind, and Anna's mom is sure that didn't happen to her.

She didn't wander off in 10 minutes with all those people looking for her, and not even her rubber boots were found.

What is left? The simple explanation is what most have come to the conclusion of which is an abduction.

Whether it was a long planned out event from Mr. Brody, or from strangers in that car, or someone in the motorcycle or horse club, the unsympathetic landlord, the strange neighbor, or the two men in the van, or anyone else.

The fact that the farm was so far out in the country, imo, really means that whoever took her either knew her, or had visited the farm and knew she lived there.

The timing of her disappearance being after her bus dropped her off, but before her brothers arrived, imo, says it was planned. Whoever it was didn't know Mr. Ford would be home, or that their guests would be there, but that worked out in their favor as Anna's mom was likely distracted by them giving the criminals an unexpected additional advantage.

Even though she hasn't been found, imo, the likelyhood of her being alive is good.
    It is my hope that she discovers her picture online, whether she knows she was taken or not, and one day calls.

If the mystery of what happened to Anna is never resolved, I know that Anna's mom will be reunited with her in glory. So there is hope in life, and there is hope after this life.

God bless all the efforts to each and every person who has cried for her, and searched for her, and especially her family.
    Thiis is all my opinion only.
    My Opinion Only..MOO

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast