1470 users online (273 members and 1197 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I agree with much of what you have posted yosande, but until Anna is returned, we can not conclusively rule out any theory.

I've bumped all of the 4 theories regarding Annas case, so the newbies reading can chime in. We are blessed to have as many new posters and lurkers as we have to Annas case so many years later. There are literally thousands of cases here at WS begging for so much as a view to have this much activity on Annas case is a blessing.

I think starting from scratch, given the number of new readers is ok, and revisiting various theories is fair if we want new eyes on this case.

I do recall reading, that foot prints and evidence along the creek was likely compromised due to the number of visitors at Annas home searching prior to LE arriving, so I think it is fair to revisit this theory with new ideas and see what we might uncover. Of course not to the exclusion of other theories.

jmo respectfully.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by yosande View Post
    She didn't wander off in 10 minutes with all those people looking for her, and not even her rubber boots were found.

Respectfully snipped. Within the 14 pages of docs Annasmom recently posted in the FOIA thread she mentioned the possibility of Anna being upset over one of the farm workers having killed the chicken that attacked him and another farm worker (IIRC). Within those docs it was mentioned Anna might have gone near the creek to search for the rooster that was tossed into the creek.

If Anna had gone searching into the heavily wooded area, with heavy foliage along the creek, become lost - which would be quite easy for a young child to do- it is possible she wandered into the wooded/heavily foliage area, became lost, and was not found in the numerous searches. Is it likely? I dunno. I have a young child and he wanders in many area's having the mind of a child not recognizing possible dangers.

IMO, it would be nice to know how far the search extended beyond the banks of the creek, and into the wooded area, if at all..... which still leaves the possibility of uncovered evidence being found this many years later
    ~ IF ~ we can ensure Annas info is available to those hiking the area or those with access to the area.

Do we have a list of hiking clubs and sports clubs in the area?

tia

jmo.
    Last edited by Cubby; 10-04-2010 at 06:03 AM.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/att...7&d=1285813749

I hope the link works. The above attachment mentions the area of the creek which was searched.

It appears to read an area of 1 mile circumference from Annas residence and the length of the creek were searched on 01/17/1973.

If it was approximately 45 minutes from the time Anna went missing to the time LE arrived on the 16th, I think it is possible Anna would have been able to wander, if lost and trying to find her way home, outside the area of 1 mile in 45 min. IIRC, an average walk is 20 min for a mile.

I'm still curious about Anna walking along but not falling into the creek and how far into the woods and foliage Anna could have wandered in an appx 45 min time span.

I can't help but imagining Anna walking along the creek searching for the hen which was tossed into the river. Turning around and not recognizing where she was... trying to find her way home and getting lost outside the area which was searched. Especially in an area surrounded by redwoods.

What if she did get lost outside the search area in a wooded heavily foliaged area? If the area does not get heavy foot traffic, I think it is still a possibility.

jmo
    ~JMO~

I found this you-tube video of Purisima Creek. The caption from the person who uploaded the video:

Various shots taken after the '06 New Years storms while running in Purisima Creek Redwoods. This was fun!!

Purisima Creek: Purdy Pharis Circuit - YouTube
    Last edited by KateB; 04-11-2015 at 08:23 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    ~JMO~

bumping the theory threads back to the top of the page.
    ~JMO~

The Boots

I've hemmed and hawed over whether or not I should post this, but have decided to do so because I believe it lends further credence to evidence we believe proves Anna did not fall into the creek.

I asked my step dad about the boots after we discovered the information about NamUs case 9597. My step dad is retired LE and retired in 1983 as Chief of Police after having been in LE about 20-25 years. (He was retired from LE already when he met my mom, so I didn't know him while he was still a LEO). His area of service was outside the metro Chicago area in the more rural area's of IL outside of the metro Chicago area and in Central IL.

After having given him the information we know about the search of the Creek and the information known about the landscape which the creek runs through, here are his thoughts (paraphrased from memory).

He had no explanation why the boots would not have been found if Anna fell into the creek. He feels either the boots should have been found if they were so oversized they would have fallen off her feet.

Or, he feels that the boots would have served as an anchor and she would have been found. His description of how the boots would have served as an anchor follows. Somewhat graphic description of how those boots would have served as an anchor so please use discretion if one wishes to read the remainder of the post.

He said if a young child of Anna's age stepped or fell into the creek with rubber boots on, if she was able to get her footing, the boots would have sunk into the mud and then filled up with water. Stating that it would have been very difficult, if not impossible, for a child of 5 to pull her feet out of rubber boots sunk into the mud but filled with water. He really thought it would be impossible for a child of age 5 to pull their feet out of sunken rubber boots filled with water.

He went on to say it would have been difficult to very difficult, but possible for an adult to pull their feet out, but not a child. He further went on to say, those boots filled with water should have held her in place at the point of entry into the creek, and that is where she should have been found.

I found his explanation to be very plausible having some first hand experience myself with getting stuck in either a bog or wetlands with a then small for his age 7 yr old. (My Godson) . One step out of the 6 wheeler I was knee deep in mud and when I pulled my foot out my shoe was gone. It was very difficult to walk through and I carried my godson piggy back to get out of the muddy area. This was mud only, without strong water to make it more difficult. It ended up taking the guys 4-5 days to get the 6 wheeler unstuck.

While the above description is somewhat disturbing to think about, it is a plausible explanation we had not previously considered and I do believe it provides further proof Anna would have been found if she fell into the creek.
    ~JMO~

i went back into some old threads but cant find the answer i was looking for did we at one time pursue adoption websites where annas info was posted? if so how long ago have we done that. im willing to post some info on the websites.

im also looking for the thread or post about that girl who claims she saw anna as a teenager with that man something about rentals or robberys can anyone confirm that those leads were fully checked out and this person is not anna or what was the story on it

I remember it also...but she could not speak...afraid or so....I whish my dad can talk with her...she would remember her past lifes too...

Can not imagine, my brain is too small for it, that if someone know something can not write even anonymous letter...
    Last edited by MissMarple; 01-23-2012 at 12:41 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by smile22 View Post
    i went back into some old threads but cant find the answer i was looking for did we at one time pursue adoption websites where annas info was posted? if so how long ago have we done that. im willing to post some info on the websites.

im also looking for the thread or post about that girl who claims she saw anna as a teenager with that man something about rentals or robberys can anyone confirm that those leads were fully checked out and this person is not anna or what was the story on it
    Please see pages 196-199 in Searching For Anna. These leads were checked out as far as was possible.

Quote Originally Posted by smile22 View Post

~~ We have posted Anna on several adoption websites. One common one is adoption.com - just type in Anna Christian Waters....
    We have also checked many adoption sites as well to see if she has posted herself.
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

Quote Originally Posted by Annasmom View Post
    Please see pages 196-199 in Searching For Anna. These leads were checked out as far as was possible.
    thanks when i get a chance later on today after work or tomorrow sometime ill look into that again.

ok with the usa being so big i think we should figure out where people live if your not comfortable giving out your state you can give a general area like new england, mid west mid atlantic so forth. i think we should somehow explore all other avenues from there like going on adoption websites and looking at females who are posting from other states with the same year date of birth as anna with a ton of unknowns? what does everyone think about something like that.

my theory is whoever took her was going to take her far away from the house life she knew. would they stay in California even though its a huge state and risk being found.?

would they have taken her someplace far like the midwest, northeast, someplace south?

Wasn't sure where to add my question. But I think it is a grand idea to make a list of all potential adopters. List all the people in relation to this case.
    Example:
    Evelyn Wanek - maybe write the relationship and possibility of taking Anna 'in'.
    Seka - etc.. ..
    Any Greece contacts of GW's? We must think of anyone at all who they may have known....
    I will open the thread if we agree. I think it makes the list simple and easy to work from.

SK
    www.searchingforanna.com

We already have threads set up for Evelyn Wanek and Seka. We need to be careful not to set up threads for topics which can be discussed in threads currently open.

I think we can discuss Evelyn and Seka in their respective threads, and an adoptee list or adopter list would be appropriate for this thread, All other theories- which includes adoption by someone other than the couple in the car or the G's being involved falls perfectly into the title of this thread.
    ~JMO~

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    We already have threads set up for Evelyn Wanek and Seka. We need to be careful not to set up threads for topics which can be discussed in threads currently open.

I think we can discuss Evelyn and Seka in their respective threads, and an adoptee list or adopter list would be appropriate for this thread, All other theories- which includes adoption by someone other than the couple in the car or the G's being involved falls perfectly into the title of this thread.
    ~ Well, I know we do have individual threads for E and S, I had in mind just quick shopping list of people who may have been involved, an 'at a glance' list.

Example:

Evelyn
    Seka
    anyone at Zims
    Doctors/nurses GW knew
    Landords
    Any student GW may have worked with
    Greece connections
    Back to the lawyer... Wally
    Romero - medical slip person
    A stranger, if so, how did they meet that person? I believe it is someone we are aware of or close.
    etc... someone has her, who is it?
    www.searchingforanna.com

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast