Possible Matches for Anna - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Doogie

Reaction score
This thread will be for the discussion of specific candidates for a match to Anna. I will copy forward the relevant material from the previous thread and re-post it her in a condensed form.

I first heard of Sharon Marshall in the mid-1990's when a story on her sad case appeared on Unsolved Mysteries. When I saw the show, my immediate thought was: "Could Sharon be Anna?" Unfortunately, I was not familiar with the details of my friend's missing daughter or Sharon Marshall and was reluctant to contact Anna's family with incomplete information on such a sensitive issue.

Years later, I rediscovered the Sharon Marshall case on the Doe Network website, which lead me to Matt Birkbeck's book and Websleuths. I now had a good grasp of the details of Sharon and started researching the information for Anna.

I first believed that the two could very well have been a match. Much to my surprise, others on WS had raised the same possibilty. However, further review showed me that Anna and Sharon are two separate people.

1) Anna has brown eyes, while Sharon had blue eyes.

2) Anna disappeared January 16, 1973. Franklin Floyd (Sharon's molester) was in prison on that day - he was paroled approximately one week later.

3) While some resemblence does exist between photos of Anna and Sharon, there is not a close resemblence.

Annasmom confered with Gerry Nance at the NCMEC and he directly said "Anna is not Sharon". I finally realised that trying to match up Anna and Sharon was a case of "trying to fit a square peg in to a round hole". Anna and Sharon are two different people.

We discovered an woman by the name of Anna Waters living in Georgia who was the correct age on the Reunion.com website. The picture included in her profile resembled the age progression of our Anna.

After a couple of months of hunting down current contact information, we contact this Anna Waters, only to discover that she was from a long line of Waters who had lived in the town for generations. She definitely knew her parents and was not our Anna.

Shortly after Anna was born, her birthfather (George Waters) and his "mentor" (George Brody) insisted that Anna's name be changed to add "Eifee" as a middle name. This word appears to have been nonsense, but was designed to bring Anna's name "numerologically" in line with Brody's. Annasmom relented on this issue only because she felt that there were more important battles to be fought than over a middle name that would never be used by anyone other than GW and GB.

Working on the hypothesis that if GW and GB were involved in Anna's disappearance, they might not have changed that middle name that was so important to them, I began an internet search for any references to "Eifee". I found a profile on a website for someone using the email address eifee_@hotmail.com. Most importantly, the profile showed that the users real first name was "Anna".

After several months of research and many false starts (there is an underline between "eifee" and the "@" sign that was not obvious on the website), I was able to locate and contact this person. It turns out that "Eifee" is a character in the Pokemon Card series and that she was an young Asian woman living in New Zealand named "Joanna". She had used the psuedonym "Anna" to protect her online privacy. She is not our Anna.

If Anna were taken by someone and raised as their child, the most logical explaination for her memories of an earlier family would be "you were adopted". On that basis, we began reviewing adoption reunion websites to see if Anna could be out there looking for her birth family.

I discovered postings on several sites from a "Susan Ward". She was born in San Francisco on Sept. 25, 1967 (both the same as Anna). With the possibility that George Waters and George Brody were involved with Anna's disappearance, it was conceivable that they would not have changed Anna's birth place and date due to an occult belief in the importance of those two items. Susan listed her hair color and eyes as brown - the same as Anna (Anna had blonde hair at the time of her disappearance, but her family has the trait of hair darkening over the years and her age-progressed photo reflects the darker hair).

Unfortunately, the postings were dated from 2001 and the contact information given was not current. I was able through court documents to establish a married name and was able to locate an avenue to contact her through Reunion.com. However, she did not review her emails for a few weeks, during which I continued my research of her as possibly being Anna.

I travelled to her hometown library and reviewed high school yearbook pictures to see if she could be Anna. The pictures were inconclusive - not close enough to break out the champagne, but not far enough off to dismiss her as a candidate.

Ultimately, she did respond to my communications. It turned out that she had been with her adopted family since shortly after birth. She had pictures with that family at an earlier age than could possible if she were Anna. And her adopted parents were very open and supportive of her attempt to locate her birth parents - something that abductors would not be.

Susan Ward is a very nice young lady who is desperately seeking her original family, but she is not Anna.

Delia Cly is a very nice lady who has a thread on Websleuths attempting to find her birth family. She believes that she was abducted at an early age and was raised by an abusive couple as their daughter. Because of the similarities between Delia's story and our theories of what had happened to Anna, I reviewed the details and concluded that Delia was too old to be Anna.

However, Annasmom pointed out the possibilty that if Delia were abducted, could it be possible that some or all of her siblings could have been abducted also? Delia has a "sister" named Annie Kaye who is listed as being born in March of 1967 (within six months of Anna). Further research into the whereabouts of Delia's "parents" placed the family in Modesto, CA in the early 1970's (within three hours of Half Moon Bay). They had previously lived in Washington state (which at that time had green and white license plates - see the thread concerning "Stranger Abduction - The Couple in the Car"). All of this seemed to lining up to being a possible match.

Delia was kind enough to forward pictures of Annie Kaye as a child and an adult. There were pictures of Annie Kaye at an age earlier than the age that Anna disappeared. The pictures also did not resemble Anna.

Neither Delia Cly or Annie Kaye Davis are Anna.

There is a TV movie called "No Child of Mine" which has an actress by the name of Anna Waters, who played the role of Donna.

The subject matter is disturbing - its about child abuse.

The listing is here: http://www.us.imdb.com/title/tt0119795/

I contacted the person who listed this on the IMDB website asking for any information about the actress (I couldn't find anything on the net). He was wonderful and replied right away, unfortunately he doesn't remember what the actress looked like as he saw the TV movie in 1997.

He did suggest I contact:

Meridian (the ITV franchise for the South of England) were one of the film's production companies and should have a copy in their archive - perhaps you could contact them for information. Their website is http://www.meridiantv.com

In case there was/is an international connection I've pursued this so far. Waters is not an unusual name in Europe though so I am not too excited about this lead.

Before trying to track this any further, Dr. Doogie have you checked out this actress before?

When I tried the first link, I got a page of JavaScript information. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem.

I've corrected both links, and tested them. They appear to be working now.

I don't know why that keeps happening! Sorry.

PT:

Your resourcefullness is amazing as always. Thanks for the work - I'll check it out.

I have seen this movie a couple of times on the Womans Television network.It has been about a year since I last watched it,they used to do a monday night movie and than have a panel of people after who would discuss the movie.It is quite a disturbing movie you may be able to find out something from their website I will go search and see what I can find also.

These are two different movies...

The one on Lifetime Network was: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107694/

The one that has "Anna Waters" in the cast was a documentary shown/made in the UK: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119795/

Alta said:
I have seen this movie a couple of times on the Womans Television network.It has been about a year since I last watched it,they used to do a monday night movie and than have a panel of people after who would discuss the movie.It is quite a disturbing movie you may be able to find out something from their website I will go search and see what I can find also.

The one I watched was made in the UK.I don't get the lifetime network here I know which movie it is..lol

i checked out both movies and although they may have been made in the uk the plots of the movies are diffrent one is about abuse the other is about a person with down syndrome. i checked out both cast and crew listings and the one on lifetime about the down syndrome didnt have anna listed in the cast of characters

I remember it was a horrifying movie.The mother abused the daughter sexually.The father made her work the streets.And i remember the british accents.I know it horrified me because it was based on a true story,so I had to watch it twice.

I had an idea to look for a copy of the movie that we could buy. I tried amazon, hollywood video, blockbuster, overstock, ebay, my local library. No luck. I enourage everyone to at least check your library. Especially our Canadian, and British members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh