Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinH
    I have a plan, thought about this last night....C is getting married, I want a photo of her for a shower or wedding gift that I will be giving her.
    Devious...I like it!
    Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from [URL="http://www.lulu.com/conte

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doogie
    I understood differently, but I may be wrong also. We should clarify this in our next conversation with her.
    I stand corrected. C did meet her father when she was 30 years old. She has a few choice names for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Annasmom
    Robin, can you find out whether C. has a smallpox vaccination scar and if so, where? (Mine is on my leg, for instance, but lots of people have them on an arm or shoulder.) She must be medical records somewhere. Do you have to have a blood test in your state to get married?
    Annasmom, yes, C does have a smallpox vacination on her upper left arm. No, blood tests are not required here to get married. Tonight when I spoke with her she called her Dr. to ask for her blood type. Dr. told her that she can get that information, but she must come to the office to request it. She wants me to ask if you know Anna's blood type. If you do, C will get her information for you.
    C really is a sweetheart and wants to do anything she can to find out if she is Anna or not. Tonight she said, "Even if I am not Anna, I feel a kinship to her, and can't wait to meet her".
    She says she has talked to everyone in her family and asked for pictures because she wants to do a slide show, but NO ONE has pictures of her. She recalls a picture of herself when she was younger with blonde hair and pigtails. For awhile she had the picture, but her older sister took it from her, and they do not talk today.
    Another thing that she relayed is that everyone has always told her that as a youngster, she talked all the time.
    That is the information that I have right now, except that the man we thought was her uncle is not at the company where my other friend works, however she does have at least 2 uncles there. It is a big company, and will take a little time to locate them, but C says they do not have pics either. We will try to locate them and ask anyway.

I think that we may be getting down to DNA Test time. I know that C. has consented to submit a sample and this may be our best and quickest way to settle the question definitively. There is still the big question about the birth announcement, but so many other things are lining up that a DNA test seems to be the next logical step.

Any thoughts, fellow sleuthers?
    Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from [URL="http://www.lulu.com/conte

DNA Testing

I think that we may be getting down to DNA Test time. I know that C. has consented to submit a sample and this may be our best and quickest way to settle the question definitively. There is still the big question about the birth announcement, but so many other things are lining up that a DNA test seems to be the next logical step.
    Synchronicity: Detective Gilletti just now left the house after collecting DNA samples from me. He says it's not like CSI; it will take about three months to process everything. He also took some shoes and boots of Anna's which his DNA experts believe may give us actual samples of hers. (I kept the cowboy boots which Annasfriend remembered, but gave them another pair of boots, two pairs of shoes and a fuzzy houseslipper.) He was as nice as he could be, and imparted some incidental wisdom such as the fact that the department is actually checking out an "Anna" reported from MySpace, investigated by Doogie more than a year ago. The department received this report independently and is acting on it, though we don't think the young woman is our Anna. (Doogie wrote them in order to avoid their going on a wild goose chase and they did receive his letter, but want to look into it anyway. ) Detective Gilletti specializes in missing persons for the department, and he also works with Explorer Scouts, who helped with the physical search of the farm in 1973. My cat, Mimi, absolutely loved Detective Gilletti, and I'm afraid he is going home with lots of cat hair on his trousers (but of course none in the sample kit, which is assembled with gloves and sterile procedure.) They have also contacted local authorities in order to take samples from Anna's brothers where they live near Seattle and Los Angeles.
    Last edited by Annasmom; 11-21-2006 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Additional sentence

I think that it is time. There is so much that matches Anna, we need to know if this is Anna. If it is not we need to know that as soon as possible too. I can't stand the thought of this dragging on and what that would be like for Annasmom. For her sake, I say the sooner the better.
    Retired 08/03/03

Annasmom,
    Is Detective Gilletti aware of our Anna look-alike?
    Retired 08/03/03

I would like to put my vote in! How about asking SMPD what their thoughts are about a "quickie" dna with the Anna look-alike.

Annasmom, did you mention C. to the detective this evening or afternoon?

Annasmom- Thanks for the update. I am glad they are taking samples.

RobinH- Thank you for bringing in C. Whether or not she is Anna, you did the right thing.

Yes! I echo what the others said. C seems willing, so I think it should be done as soon as possible.

Ok guys and gals, call me dumb, but I don't see any pics but the one of Anna (pg 4). Where are the look-alike's pics?

Quote Originally Posted by itsreenw
    Ok guys and gals, call me dumb, but I don't see any pics but the one of Anna (pg 4). Where are the look-alike's pics?
    itsreenw---page 4, post #77 by Dr. Doogie. There are two links.

everyday i come on the threads here their is always good news and bringing us closer to finding anna. how long would it take for the look alike to get her blood type? would it be faster than the dna samples that are going to take 3 months to complete?

hope everyone has a great holiday tommrow

Quote Originally Posted by itsreenw
    Itsreenw,

Look at page #4 posts 83 & 90 again. Those are not just Anna's pics.
    Retired 08/03/03

Quote Originally Posted by RobinH
    Annasmom, yes, C does have a smallpox vacination on her upper left arm. No, blood tests are not required here to get married. Tonight when I spoke with her she called her Dr. to ask for her blood type. Dr. told her that she can get that information, but she must come to the office to request it. She wants me to ask if you know Anna's blood type. If you do, C will get her information for you.
    Does C. have a pediatrician that she visited as a child? She may be able to get some records from their office. Earliest visit, childhood illnesses, etc.

Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast