GUILTY TX - Kloey Traynor, 2 mos, shaken to death, Richwood, 8 March 2006

Marie

Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
Reaction score
This poor little girl! I don't know what sort of life she'd have to look forward to even if she lives. And only 2 months old but already battered for who knows how long, maybe her whole short life.

Baby injured critically

RICHWOOD (Texas)— Police and Child Protective Services are investigating possible abuse of a 2-month-old girl who was in critical condition at Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston on Thursday evening.

“Some of her condition indicates she might have been shaken, which is unfortunately common when young children are abused or neglected,” said Gwen Carter, spokeswoman for Child Protective Services’ Houston region.

“The baby has old and new injuries, some really serious injuries, including bruising all over her body, including her gums,” Carter said. “She has some fractures all over her body and bruising all over her body.”

Does anyone know how a baby gets bruising on her GUMS? How does that happen? Is it from being shaken?

Either that or they shoved stuff in it's little mouth trying to shut it up, maybe.

How horrible!!!!!! This stuff just makes me sick to my stomach, literally!!

:( Poor little baby.

A little more from the news article-
The investigation so far indicates the 26-year-old mother had left the baby at home with the baby’s 20-year-old father to do laundry about 6:45 p.m. Wednesday, Patton said. When the woman returned home about 9:30 p.m., she noticed bruising on the baby’s neck and chest and that the baby was having trouble opening her mouth, he said.

The baby initially was taken to Brazosport Regional Health System for treatment about 11:30 p.m., then transferred by helicopter to Texas Children’s Hospital about 3 a.m., Patton said. Doctors called Richwood police about that time, he said.
:furious: sounds like he tried to strangle her.
:( I will never understand child abuse by a parent .

Chief: Baby’s injuries life-threatening

The prognosis for a hospitalized 10-week-old girl believed to have been severely abused is not promising, Police Chief Glenn Patton said Friday.

“Our main thing is that we want to afford this small child a proper investigation so that we can determine who was responsible … for her injuries,” Patton said. “We are looking at persons of interest and I’m going to decline to name who they are or how many right now.”

The child’s parents are scheduled to take polygraph exams next week, he said.

Old and new injuries, huh? Well, the mom is as much to blame...mandatory sterilization for her, castration for him. Excuse me for being ugly but...they could pickle his ___ and put it in a jar so he could look it every once in a while. Then he could say, "If only, if only...."

I'm sorry but I get so mad at the abuse of the helpless.:mad:

From the link I posted above:
The baby’s parents are expected to take polygraph exams next week, he said.

“Everybody’s fully cooperating with the investigation and we’re proceeding on,” Patton said. “The main thing we want to find out is the who, what, when, where, hows and whys.”

Once the investigation is complete, District Attorney Jeri Yenne said her office “will review it for any and all appropriate charges.”

Child Protective Services will continue working with law enforcement on the case, said Gwen Carter, a spokeswoman for the agency’s Houston regional office.

“We just want to make sure we know what happened,” she said.

Carter emphasized that anyone who suspects possible abuse of a child should contact the agency or police.

“We never had an opportunity (to intervene), but you have to wonder if there’s other people who saw things,” she said. “If you have a concern, the most important thing to do is to call. A child’s life is too important to risk.”

I knew she didn't have much of a chance to live but it still hurts to learn she died. Poor little precious baby. I'm glad she's now at peace but so sorry that her short experience of life was so terrible.

From March 2006:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Father-of-dead-baby-arrested-1495610.php

A 20-year-old Richwood man shook his 10-week-old daughter hard enough to kill her after she soiled her diaper and threw up, police said Monday.

Dustin Michael Traynor was charged with injury to a child...

Couldn't find any MSM updates after that, but Texas DOC says he's serving 35 years for Injury to a Child:

http://offender.tdcj.state.tx.us/OffenderSearch/offenderDetail.action?sid=06875687

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back