scar

Ms Suzanne

Reaction score
Hi
I was wondering what could have caused a 3 1/2 inch scar over the left quadrant of abdomen.I don't know know if it was lower on the abdomen or not.I am not sure it it was surgical or not.

suzanne

Is the scar on the left side of the person who has it or on the left as your looking at it, I know that may seem like a dingy question I just wanted to clerifly it. and is it a verticle or horizontle scar, flat or raised ? I don't mean to bombard you with particulars but I am trying to get a picture in my head. thanx.

Hi
I am not sure it was on an unidentified Jane Doe.It said the left side quadrant of abdomen.

suzanne

suzannec4444 said:
Hi I was wondering what could have caused a 3 1/2 inch scar over the left quadrant of abdomen.I don't know know if it was lower on the abdomen or not.I am not sure it it was surgical or not. suzanne
It was likely a surgical scar of some sort. Surgical scars today are usually very small, and circular because of the newer types of surgery available.

A scar the size that you describe would have involved cutting with a scalpel. Most likely would have been an apendectomy scar, but could also have been for removal of gall stones/gall bladder, or for hysterectomy, possibly for a Ceasarian Section procedure. Without the specifics, it is hard to tell, and as the previous poster stated, often the term "left side" can mean the victim's left side (as it should) or sometimes it is incorrectly stated Left when the person making the notes meant Right.

It is also possible, that the scar could have been caused in another manner, not related to surgery.

Hey Suzanne, I'm curious who (unidentified person) you are referring to, how about some more details????? :)

If it is a c-section scar it must have been a premature or very small baby to be 3 1/2 inches. I've had 3 c-sections and my scar is 8 inches across. Mine is horizontal across the very lower party of my belly, though some c-sections are done verticle up and down the center of the belly. Usually they are not off to one side though. Maybe it could have been surgery for her left ovary? This is all of course,if we are talking about a female.

If it were from removing an appendix it would be on the persons right side.

Hi

They call her Mary rose.I followed her from a newspaper article.I thought she was my sister tammy.She wasn't.I submitted her to the Doe Network.She is very special to me.She is a very special pet case of mine.

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/455ufoh.html

ttyl
Suzanne

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members