809 users online (100 members and 709 guests)  

Websleuths News

MI - Driver Rams Pregnant Women's SUV

Caught On Tape

http://www.ksat.com/news/7881050/detail.html

A driver was arrested on charges of angrily ramming into a sport utility vehicle that carried two pregnant women and pinning it against a wall. No one was hurt.

Earl Boyd also gestured at the women and almost forced their vehicle into oncoming traffic, police said Friday.

"Oh my God! He's pushing us!" one screamed on a 911 call as the emergency dispatcher tried to calm her.

I saw this early this morning on CNN, but just now found the article.
    You put the light in me...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/7879574/detail.html

Earl Boyd, 50, is charged with two counts of felony assault with a motor vehicle and with drunken driving in the Saturday incident in the suburb of Livonia. He currently is free on bond.
    The highways here are scary enough without this guy back on the streets
    Curiosity killed the cat. But for a while I was a suspect. - Steven Wright

I seen this on the news, like Inside Edition or something, that poor girl was screaming! What nuts we have in this World.

He needs to go to prison. We are too lenient with killer drivers. Manslaughter seems to be not that big a deal, as long as you're in you're vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthatex
    He needs to go to prison. We are too lenient with killer drivers. Manslaughter seems to be not that big a deal, as long as you're in you're vehicle.
    I know I totally agree.

I did not see the clip, because I could not imagine what the two women were feeling as this man was committing this crime. Especially being pregnant.

The trauma of it is just difficult to think about.

I do hope they put this nut behind bars for a long time, and then never allow him to drive and you know, the anger management course, etc.

What a thing to have on tape........talk about a "slam dunk" case in court.

Something almost like this happened near me. In 2000 a 22 year old man named Carlos Angel Diaz Santiago pushed his 20-year-old girlfriend's car onto railroad tracks and she was killed as well as her two year old son, a friend who was in the car with her and her friend's two year old daughter. I think he was charged with four counts of manslaughter but I don't think any conviction is too horrible for taking the lives of four people...two of them being toddlers. I don't have a link for the story but there are articles about it available on newspaperarchive.com.

Happiness...consists in giving, and in serving others.
    - Henry Drummond

Quote Originally Posted by Marthatex

I agree. Our laws are to lenient on just about everything or is it just that the judges don't enforce the laws that we do have? I honestly believe if the laws were tougher we would eventially have less crime.

OK I have to tell a story. My son was just hit in his car by a hit and run. This guy impatiently pulled out of his lane, slammed my son to the curb (luckily he was in a Volvo), and tore on away from the scene. Luckily this great lady pulled out and followed him and got his license plate.

We've had to pay alot of car damages but at least my son wasn't hurt. Don't know if this guy was drinking or not.

Bottom line, we have to JUMP THROUGH HOOPS to file criminal charges. Notarize all these papers, try to recognize his picture amidst other pictures of people who look similar to him, get the witness to appear, etc. It's like almost too much to even bother.

But my son wants to pursue it, he will follow it through because this guy is a scum bag. If someone does a hit and run, just because maybe they don't want to be found drinking, they should get a STIFF PENALTY. That guy didn't care if my son was hurt or not.

I personally think that any overt aggressive act committed while driving should result in you never having a license again.

I was once in front of a Winn Dixie with my two young children (both now teenagers)
    So as I am driving in order to turn up one off the parking isles, there just became this complete traffic jam in front of the store.
    One car half pulled in an isle waiting for a car to pull out an it just cause this chain reaction.
    No big deal as it was South Florida and this is common. So the car behind me (not sure which) started beeping their horn , The women in the truck in front of me JUMPS out of her truck. This was no petite women.. Not that she was fat but she was BIG. Tall and very large boned.
    She comes to my car and is SCREAMING at me.. threatening to kick my a$$, calling me all kinds of names .. These were the days before everyone had a cell phone. So she is standing there telling me to get out of my car.
    Flippin NUT. I said hey look it wasn't me laying on the horn.. But she was not hearing any of it. At this point my window was only about in inch down.
    As my last resort I took out a pen and paper and while I took her tag number ,
    screamed above her ranting that my hubby was a ______ county officer and if she did not get her a$$ back in her truck within 3 seconds she would be arrested as soon as I find a phone.
    She hurried her but back fast. I was lying my hubby is not a cop.
    But IMO and even now years later I believe it was my only option.
    There was little that was going to disuade this crazy lady.