FL - Brandon Jaffe for child molestation, Palm Coast, 2006

Alice253

Live Every Moment
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.local6.com/news/7840616/detail.html

A teen baby sitter in Central Florida was arrested after a parent's hidden camera videotaped him forcing two 8-year-olds to perform sex acts on him, according to investigators.

Flagler County detectives said the father of two children who Brandon Jaffe, 15, was baby sitting recently decided to set up a surveillance camera to watch the 15-year-old and his kids.

Alice253 said:
http://www.local6.com/news/7840616/detail.html

A teen baby sitter in Central Florida was arrested after a parent's hidden camera videotaped him forcing two 8-year-olds to perform sex acts on him, according to investigators.

Flagler County detectives said the father of two children who Brandon Jaffe, 15, was baby sitting recently decided to set up a surveillance camera to watch the 15-year-old and his kids.
Male babysitters are a recipe for disaster, whatever their age.

BillyGoatGruff said:

Wow, That's a terrible generalization for men.
And totally untrue. A pedophile can come in any gender.

YadaYada said:

Agreed.

Although I will say I would not allow a young boy to watch my children. Not fair I know.......

Terrible but true on my side. I could never have brought myself to hire a teenage boy to babysit. I believe they are great kids but when it comes to sexuality - it's so much more hormonal for them. Their PEAK of their sexual prowness is in their teens. Couldn't do it and yes makes me a hypocrite.

Brefie said:
Agreed.

Although I will say I would not allow a young boy to watch my children. Not fair I know.......

Another unfair generalization.. hehe j/k!

Young boys should not babysit. I agree. Not because I think they all have the potential to become pedophiles. But because most are irresponsible and immature.. I can't trust that my 13 year old son will get the garbage to the curb half the time. I certainly wouldn't want him watching someones children... :eek:

I bet the parents were in shock. Poor little kids.

I get so sick inside of myself every time I read this stuff and I always tell myself to skip these kinds of posts but I never can. One would figure by now we all wouldn't be so effected by this sick stuff because we read about it so often.. but I swear, I get angrier and sadder each time I read about these sick F*!@'s who molest kids.

I'm one of those parents who would probably snap and kill someone if they ever touched my children!

if the father felt the need to set up cam's , why didn't he look for another babysitter .

As parents we have "intution" when it comes to something that is not "right" or "odd", especially when it comes to our kids.

I do think there is a generalization about male babysitters, my friends son who has a younger brother and sister, took a babysitting course. He often watches his younger brother and sister. He is almost 15. He often babysits, but no child under 4.

So again, it all depends on the person and how they are raised....but for something like this, there is no way you could actually know this person was like this, I guess untill you have evidence on tape. Proof.

But the parent must have suspected something......I would have "fired" the guy on just suspicion and trusted myself. But on the other side, now he can be brought to justice with irrefutable evidence.

Those poor little boys.........I hope they get the help they need. I wish someone could come up with someway of finding out who these people are before they harm children.

redeskimo said:
if the father felt the need to set up cam's , why didn't he look for another babysitter .
Because maybe he needed proof. Those trials can be hard enough on families. With tape like this, there's no doubt. There's no "maybe he did, maybe he didn't ... we didn't see it."
This is on tape, so they nailed him.

OR .... maybe he already had a hidden camera.
Some parents just have them when they hire baby sitters period.

I'm not sure, I kind of skimmed the story. It just saddened and sickened me.
The point is, it happened to these kids. Poor kids. :(

CyberLaw said:
As parents we have "intution" when it comes to something that is not "right" or "odd", especially when it comes to our kids.

I do think there is a generalization about male babysitters, my friends son who has a younger brother and sister, took a babysitting course. He often watches his younger brother and sister. He is almost 15. He often babysits, but no child under 4.

So again, it all depends on the person and how they are raised....but for something like this, there is no way you could actually know this person was like this, I guess untill you have evidence on tape. Proof.

But the parent must have suspected something......I would have "fired" the guy on just suspicion and trusted myself. But on the other side, now he can be brought to justice with irrefutable evidence.

Those poor little boys.........I hope they get the help they need. I wish someone could come up with someway of finding out who these people are before they harm children.
Yeah, what you wrote. Ditto to the whole thing. :blowkiss:

BillyGoatGruff said:

I agree and have said so on another forum just to be attacked for being sexist.

YadaYada said:

True, but they are generally male. Right?

Whether it's a generalization or not, I was abused by an 18 cousin who kindly volunteered to babysit for 6 kids every Friday night so my parents could have a night out. I have never had a male sitter for my children and very seldom used a sitter at all. I guess I'm a product of my past, but I would never trust a teen male alone with my children.

YadaYada said:
Actually, it's not untrue.
The vast majority of child molesters are men. A serach of any sex offender database is evidence of that.
The FBI has as one of their major red flags: Be wary of men or adolescent males eager to babysit.
Argue with them.

I don't let anyone babysit my children. If my parents are visiting us I will let my kids stay home with my parents but that is it. I got a job at a preschool only because I could bring my youngest with me and it did not interfere with the hours of the other ones basically I was home by the time they got home from school. I know all people arent bad and I shouldnt assume that but I don't trust anyone with my kids. I can't tell you guys how many times I will meet someone with kids and after knowing them maybe an hour they will ask me 'so..do you babysit?'.. I'm like WOW you don't even know me or know anything about me there is nothing more important than your children it baffles my mind how careless some people are with the most precious treasures.

uhh, yeah-- everyone knows that the overwhelming majority of child molestors/pedophiles are MEN. just because , in THEORY, a predator "could" come in either gender, we all know that in REALITY- it's usually a MAN.... DUH.

reb said:
uhh, yeah-- everyone knows that the overwhelming majority of child molestors/pedophiles are MEN. just because , in THEORY, a predator "could" come in either gender, we all know that in REALITY- it's usually a MAN.... DUH.
That's a little specious. Males, even male children, are far less likely to report abuse (recent estimates are that less than 10% of boys will report abuse). There was a poll done by one of the "men's" magazines in the 70s or 80s that asked readers to relate their first sexual encounters. A significant number indicated that they had been "initiated" by female babysitters. None of those females were ever reported, so none were recorded, so the stats don't reflect them.

The article, believe it or not, was light-hearted, implying that these men were lucky. We see the same thing with the spate of teachers, etc. who are engaging in sex with young teens - it certainly isn't treated as seriously as when the genders are reversed.

There's a good article at http://www.milwaukeemagazine.com/112002/darkness.asp
Note this part: "Clinical psychologist Jacqui Saradjian, author of the 1996 book Women Who Sexually Abuse Children, reports that statistics from multiple studies indicate that at least "one in every 100 girls and one in every hundred boys suffers serious sexual assault by an older female in childhood."

Other good pages: http://www.breakingthesilence.com/female.html
http://www.canadiancrc.com/female_sexual_predators_awareness.htm
http://www.childwise.net/media-releases.php and lots of others.

So, are men more likely to be child molesters/pedophiles? Probably, but we really won't know for sure until we start seeing and treating female perpetrators as just as bad. Long story short? Check everyone who is alone with your child, and tell them that you will be monitoring them.

Jackie

Actually there was one child in the preschool I worked at that was molested by HIS FEMALE babysitter who was 12 years old. The thing that bothered me about the whole thing is this. The mother of the preschooler did NOT work. She brought her son to the preschool 3 days a week to 'get a break' and had the 12 yr old girl babysit on weekends so she could get her hair done go have lunch with her friends etc. etc. While I felt terrible for the little boy I had a hard time listening to the mother cry about what happened. Sometimes parents need to be PARENTS! I don't know what happened to the babysitter last I heard the mother of the little boy was trying to 'sue' the girls family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BossJoss
Back