The Sundae that cost a $1000.00

CyberLaw

Former Member
Reaction score
This is the second story that I saw about this Sundae.

What was the take in the press in the US?.

CyberLaw said:
This is the second story that I saw about this Sundae.

What was the take in the press in the US?.

Cyberlaw, please post a link if you have one--would like to read about the Sundae! :)

Help.......I thought I posted a link. It did not work. So, I know what the link is, but since is my very first thread, I am at a loss as to how to edit the thread to add the link.

Or I guess for that fact, how to post a link since it did not work in the first place.........

CyberLaw said:
I thought I did post a link....sorry....I will see if I can figure it out.
I think you're looking for http://jscms.jrn.columbia.edu/cns/2006-02-28/jones-thousanddollaricecream.

It's not as bad as it sounds; even though the sundae does cost $1k... "Once customers have savored the delicacy, they get to keep the golden spoon and $300 Baccarat Harcourt crystal goblet." So it's really only about $500 worth of sundae - much more reasonable. :crazy:

Thank you for posting the link.

I think my Hubby would suggest Baskin's & Robbins....you could not just order one of these, as you know kids, each one wants what the other has......can't be better or smaller, they compare.

So each one would want one of these Sundae's and Hubby would look like he was having a stroke.

I wonder if they will make a "low rent" version without the gold and crystal for the "everyday" person for $500.00, I will skip the "luxury" and get right down to the "desert".

It does sound very exotic, especially the cavier, although I am not that sure how that kind of fits in though. But the other ingredients...sound so good.

CyberLaw said:
I wonder if they will make a "low rent" version without the gold and crystal for the "everyday" person for $500.00, I will skip the "luxury" and get right down to the "desert".
I don't know about that - if I'm going to dish out that much money, I at least want a souvenir. Besides, if I keep going back I can collect a complete set. ;)

Jackie

That's just crazy!

I did hear though that American Airlines had taken away the Sundae from the first class and business class fliers on planes. That might have lasted about a week and they complained enough about it that AA brought it back.

AA is so worried about being "price conscious" that they are taking away what little enjoyment there is to flying.
People already want to fly less than they have to, why take away all of their amenties, especially if they are paying the pretty penny for 1st class?

Anyway, sorry to hijack our thread! I thought that might be what this thread was about but your story is even better. $1000 or $500, whatever... still crazy!
:crazy: :doh:

ps ... the Sundae sure sounds tasty though! :blowkiss: :dance:

I gripe about how much money $ Baskin & Robbins is for cones for a family of 5. I would twice and die if I paid a grand!:slap:

IMO

I can't help but keep looking at the picture and 'dreaming" of a trip to New York (alone)and ordering this Sundae. Puts a huge smile on my face......

The link states that they are coming out with a "poor mans" version for 1,000 cents ($10), guess I will wait for that one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back