1241 users online (204 members and 1037 guests)  

Websleuths News

UK - Jeshma Raithatha, 17, raped & murdered, London, 16 May 2005

And a barsteward took everything she had.

Her body lay undiscovered for eight days.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/4800684.stm

at least he hasn't escaped and he will be found guilty, no doubt about that. he was dragged back from Latvia.

i have my misgivings about the British justice system. life doesn't always appear to be life. i'll report back, when the verdict comes. and when a sentence is passed.

condolences to Jeshma's family who will probably never read this. but i wish they could know the good people a continent away will think caring thoughts, even if only fleetingly, about her loss, as i know you all will.

another rotten disgusting son of a *****, fry him.

Quote Originally Posted by 2beautifulboys
    another rotten disgusting son of a *****, fry him.
    Can't be done. not in Britain, it can't.

BUT, hopefully the prison guards will turn their backs for a second of two . . .

I'm a firm believer that once someone shows a propensity for violence...that person is a loss cause for therapy. He's screwed up twice before...only a matter of time until he did it again. I know what I would do to all these creeps - but it's not legal. But then, what they do isn't legal either.

Such a sad case, as they all are. If this had happened in the U.S. in a death penalty state,this case has many death penalty qualifiers.

From March 2006:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/4856848.stm

A Latvian man who raped and murdered a teenager as she walked home from school has been given three life sentences.

Viktor Dembovskis, 43, attacked Jeshma Raithatha as the 17-year-old made her way along a footpath near her home in Greenford, west London, last May. Her body was discovered eight days later. She had been strangled, raped and then stabbed to death.

Sentencing Dembovskis at the Old Bailey, Judge Peter Beaumont said he would never be released. Jurors took three hours to find Dembovskis guilty of murder and two counts of rape.
    From April 2009:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-car-park.html

Nishma Raithatha, 15, is said to have struggled to come to terms with the murder of her older sister Jeshma nearly four years ago...

A relative said: "Nishma never recovered from her sister's death. With the anniversary coming up, it just became too difficult for her. Her parents tried to help. It should not happen to a family once, but it has happened to our family twice"...

Nishma fell to her death from a multi-storey car park at St George's shopping centre in Harrow on April 7 this year. Scotland Yard said her death was not being treated as suspicious.

Ooh my. What a terrible grief. What parent can ever bear such tragedy. :'(