1147 users online (210 members and 937 guests)  

Websleuths News

MN - Irresponsible Parenting...

at it's best.....

She find the child with the gun earlier, removes "what she thinks" are all the bullets and then puts the gun back where the child found it in the first place. What a freakin idiot..........The child could have shot himself or killed someone, including her..............I can't believe how irresponsible some parents are.......

When a 3-year-old St. Paul boy got his hands on a handgun that had been tucked under a couch cushion in his house Sunday afternoon, his mom took it away and removed the gun's cartridge clip.
    Police said the boy's mother, Lin Lin Xie, 43, then put the gun back on the couch, thinking it was unloaded. But there was still a cartridge remaining in the chamber. The boy picked up the gun a second time and it discharged. The bullet hit his mother in the knee.

(more at link)
    http://www.startribune.com/462/story/302371.html

what a dumb sh!!...really....

Quote Originally Posted by kk's mom
    at it's best.....

She find the child with the gun earlier, removes "what she thinks" are all the bullets and then puts the gun back where the child found it in the first place. What a freakin idiot..........The child could have shot himself or killed someone, including her..............I can't believe how irresponsible some parents are.......

When a 3-year-old St. Paul boy got his hands on a handgun that had been tucked under a couch cushion in his house Sunday afternoon, his mom took it away and removed the gun's cartridge clip.
    Police said the boy's mother, Lin Lin Xie, 43, then put the gun back on the couch, thinking it was unloaded. But there was still a cartridge remaining in the chamber. The boy picked up the gun a second time and it discharged. The bullet hit his mother in the knee.

(more at link)
    http://www.startribune.com/462/story/302371.html

Not saying I'm glad the mother is hurt but quite an ironic painful lesson!!

Quote Originally Posted by jubie
    I'll say it. She got what she deserved.

Let me hand her her "Sign".

She's an idiot.
    1) for allowing a gun to be within reach of a child (not being locked up)
    2) for not knowing how a semi-auto handgun works (removing the clip does not mean the gun is unloaded)

I guess she won't be stupid enough to do that again! But then again she seems entirely clueless, so maybe she will.

Quote Originally Posted by jubie
    took the words right out of my mouth....................
    what a dumb as..................

What a complete idiot!
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    ~ Albert Einstein ~

Quote Originally Posted by GreenEyedGirl
    What a complete idiot!

Yes, and local news stations here are reporting that there were 5 guns in the house.

Eve

Quote Originally Posted by eve
    Yes, and local news stations here are reporting that there were 5 guns in the house.

Eve
    And from what happened, I'm assuming that none of them were locked up, as they should be whether or not children are in the house!

At least the right person was shot.

Thnakfully the little boy was hurt... The parents are idiots!!!! If you are going to have a gun in your home, it needs to be LOCKED away somewhere HIGH and unlaoded.

My goodness, some people should not be parents, 5 guns within reach of children, I really wish that people like this do not pass on their genes.