MO MO - Tiffany Stubbs, 2, Belton, 30 May 1988

steveo

Steve Owen
Reaction score
Anyone remember the little girl taken out of her apt. in Belton MO. 1988 and found murdered somewhere in Grandview MO. ?

Steve

steveo said:
Anyone remember the little girl taken out of her apt. in Belton MO. 1988 and found murdered somewhere in Grandview MO. ?

Steve
I dont know who it is. Do you have a Name or anything?

I looked for ya steveo and I could not find anything. Let me know if you find info about her.

michelle said:
I looked for ya steveo and I could not find anything. Let me know if you find info about her.
thanks for looking into it and i will for sure post anything that i find.

Steve

Little girl snatched and murdered in 1988

Does anyone know about the little girl ( i believe the parents last
name was Stubbs) The little girl i think she was 2 or 3yo was taken out
of the parents apartment in belton,MO. in 1988 and was found the
following day in a creek or river not to far away.
If anyone knows anything please let me know.

I can't believe i cant find anything on the net about this case.

Steve

Steveo I have looked high and low and I cannot find anything!!!!!!!!!!

Get Hollow to look, she finds things that nobodyelse finds lol!

Shadow205 said:
Get Hollow to look, she finds things that nobodyelse finds lol!
:blushing: :blushing: :blushing: Thanks, Shadow. I haven't looked at this one yet. It's starting to remind me of the Funchess thread though. I was thinking of starting a thread on Forum Finesse for archive searching, so we can all share ideas about how we search for things, and different good sites we find that actually work and don't rip you off.

Hollow said:
:blushing: :blushing: :blushing: Thanks, Shadow. I haven't looked at this one yet. It's starting to reming me of the Funchess thread though. I was thinking of starting a thread on Forum Finesse for archive searching, so we can all share ideas about how we search for things, and different good sites we find that actually work and don't rip you off.
that sounds like a great idea. and thank you all

Steve

2-year old Tiffany Robin Stubbs was taken from the living room of the apartment she shared with her parents, Dwayne and Edna, and her 4-year old brother, sometime between 12:30 and 4:45 am on the morning on Monday, May 30th, 1988. She was found several hours later in the Little Blue River, near Grandview, about 3 miles from her home.

The killer had gained access to the apartment by slitting a scrren door and unlatching the hook lock. All members of the family were sleeping in the living room at the time.

The parents had moved to Belton, MO from OK seeking employment opportunities.

Cause of death was ruled asphyxiation from drowning. Tiffnay had bruises on her back, but investigators felt they were not associated with her death.

This is all I can find at the moment. No mention as yet of any arrests or convictions.

shadowangel said:
2-year old Tiffany Robin Stubbs was taken from the living room of the apartment she shared with her parents, Dwayne and Edna, and her 4-year old brother, sometime between 12:30 and 4:45 am on the morning on Monday, May 30th, 1988. She was found several hours later in the Little Blue River, near Grandview, about 3 miles from her home.

The killer had gained access to the apartment by slitting a scrren door and unlatching the hook lock. All members of the family were sleeping in the living room at the time.

The parents had moved to Belton, MO from OK seeking employment opportunities.

Cause of death was ruled asphyxiation from drowning. Tiffnay had bruises on her back, but investigators felt they were not associated with her death.

This is all I can find at the moment. No mention as yet of any arrests or convictions.
thank you so much for that information. can you tell me where you foud it?

Steve

BUMP It will be 18 years the end of may and I cantfind anything new on the investigation hmmmmmmmm.

I did a newspaper archive search, and all I could find were the initial reports. This one from OK, where they were originally from:

The apparent slaying of a 2-year-old former Spencer girl, who was drowned after being abducted from her parents' Belton, Mo., apartment Friday, has left family members ""in total shock,'' the girl's grandmother said Monday.

Tiffany Robin Stubbs' body was found in the Little Blue River in Grandview, Mo., about three miles from the family home, several hours after her disappearance, said Grandview police Maj. Ronald Jackson.
A funeral service for the girl, described as ""a little country girl ... a doll'' by her grandmother, Ovetta Nash, will be Wednesday in Spencer.

Monday night, Nash said relatives are having a hard time accepting Tiffany's death.

""It's just more than we can comprehend. We can't believe anybody who lives and breathes could do such a thing to a child,'' she said.

Jackon said Monday that a team of 12 investigators from at least six Kansas City area police departments are investigating Tiffany's death, but have not uncovered a suspect or motive.

Tiffany's parents, Dwayne and Edna Stubbs, probably will return to Oklahoma, the grandmother said. They recently moved to Missouri after job opportunities in Oklahoma became scarce.

""He (Dwayne) went up there seeking work. He went to support his family,'' Nash said.

But now ""they don't want to continue living there,'' she said.

Detective Guy Livingston, a spokesman for the Metro Squad of the Kansas City Police Department, said at least six area police departments were helping with the investigation of the death of the girl, Tiffany Stubbs. ''We have no suspects at this time,'' Livingston said. ''There really haven't been any significant developments. So far, it's been slow going.''

This is sad, no trace of a suspect at all? was the girl sexually assaulted? If sex was not the motive why would anyone want the girl dead? Is there a boyfriend or Father involved at all I wonder?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back