Miss Deaf Texas Struck, Killed By Train

ajc2804

Reaction score
The reigning Miss Deaf Texas died Monday afternoon after being struck by a train in Austin.

Authorities said 18-year-old Tara Rose McAvoy was walking near railroad tracks when she was struck by a Union Pacific train. A witness told Austin television station KTBC the train sounded its horn right up until the collision occurred.

http://www.wjactv.com/mostpopular/7978452/detail.html

Ok.... :waitasec: she would have definitely felt the vibrations. Something very weird about this. Terribly sad either way if accident or suicide.

I thought the same thing when I read this article...

blueclouds said:
Ok.... :waitasec: she would have definitely felt the vibrations. Something very weird about this. Terribly sad either way if accident or suicide.

I'll admit I'm not too bright, but what was a deaf person doing walking on railroad tracks??? Did she need to be there? Wouldn't she have to go out of her way to be there?

A very pretty young lady :( ... I don't understand .. she must have known she was walking on or next to the tracks???

i think she was walking no more than a foot away from the tracks, and a snow plow, which was mounted to the front of the train, had a blade that extended 16 inches from either side of the train, so that's probably what got her.

She had to have felt it .

I mean before .. the vibrations ...
doesnt sit with me ...

This is so tragic, I mean you can feel a train coming. I remember as a kid we had tracks down the street from out house and we could feel it.

She probably did hear the vibrations, but she wasn't on the tracks. They said something on the train hit her, it extended 16 inches on both sides.

Gee, you'd think they'd have waited a bit, for a period of mouring or something before announcing the runner up as the new Miss Deaf Texas. That's pretty insensitive, imho.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back