Google Ordered to Give Up Info . . .

Jeana (DP)

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Judge: Google must give up some data

AP
Google had resisted a subpoena to turn over any information because of user privacy concerns.4:41 PM A federal judge said Tuesday he intends to require Google Inc. to turn over some information to the Department of Justice in its quest to revive a law making it harder for children to see online *advertiser censored*. U.S. District Judge James Ware did not immediately say whether the data will include words that users entered into the Internet's leading search engine. Google seized on the case to underscore its commitment to privacy rights.

More at:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/031506dnbusgoogle.25093d01.html

Hmmm why don't they just come right out and say, hey, we want to invade privacy and you either go along with us or we'll force ya to, instead of hiding behind double speak of protecting children from *advertiser censored*?

Last I heard it was a parents responsibility to parent the child not the government. I don't buy this bunk of it takes a village. Have you seen the village idiots that run our government at times?

And one more freedom packs its bags and takes a hike...

BhamMama said:
Hmmm why don't they just come right out and say, hey, we want to invade privacy and you either go along with us or we'll force ya to, instead of hiding behind double speak of protecting children from *advertiser censored*?

Last I heard it was a parents responsibility to parent the child not the government. I don't buy this bunk of it takes a village. Have you seen the village idiots that run our government at times?

And one more freedom packs its bags and takes a hike...
Since Google and Yahoo *advertiser censored* out their data info to paying customers (ya know, spammers) ANYWAY, I really don't see much difference, besides the fact computer users might be aware of it now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back