Boy rescued after climbing into stuffed-animal grabber machine

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Boy rescued from stuffed-animal game

There were some tense moments Saturday afternoon at the Washington Square Piggly Wiggly when a 7-year-old boy climbed inside a stuffed-animal grabber machine and remained there for an hour.

Sheboygan Fire Commander Mark Zittel said the fire department was dispatched around 3 p.m. Saturday to the store, 3124 S. Taylor Drive, to rescue the boy from the machine.

The aim of game is to maneuver a grabber-claw to snag a stuffed animal. When a stuffed animal is obtained, the claw releases the toy into a chute.

Zittel said the boy’s father was on a nearby pay phone when the boy quickly scurried into the toy machine through the chute where the toys come out. The boy tried to get out but couldn’t, because the flap on the chute only moves in one direction.

Instead of breaking into the machine, the fire department called a locksmith. While waiting for the locksmith, the fire department moved the machine to the back of the store away from the view of customers.

“It became a viewing circus,” Zittel said.

Zittel would not release the boy’s name, since he is a minor.

As busy as the store was, Zittel said he was surprised nobody saw the boy when he first started crawling into the machine.

Full Story from Sheboygan Press

I am so glad the boy was unharmed.
Reminds me of the time my daughter got stuck in one of those toy cars outside Walmart. She was a chubby little four year old and her tummy got stuck under the steering wheel. I was desperately trying to get her out and she kept crying and screaming because she was so scared. The only way I could stop her crying was to keep feeding quarters into the slot. I was out of quarters and about to call the fire dept. when some guy was able to get her out. Whew!!! I never let her ride one again.

:waitasec: Didn't someone see him trying to get into the machine, they usually are in areas where people pass by all the time..!! :silenced:

OUCH !! :doh:

WasBlind LOL... thanx for the link with the photo!

I was trying to imagine what he would look like inside that machine, I cannot believe he was able to crawl in there like that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back