MD MD - James Harris 31, Baltimore, 8 March 1996

Richard

Reaction score
Ten years have passed and this medical man is still missing...

James Allen Harris
Missing since March 8, 1996 from Baltimore, Maryland
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: January 11, 1965
Age at Time of Disappearance: 31 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'0"; 190 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black male. Black hair; brown eyes. Medium complexion.
Clothing: Pink hospital scrubs, white socks,Timberland boots, leather jacket; a gold watch.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Harris was last seen at his residence in the vicinity of the 300 block of Font Hill Road in Baltimore, Maryland on March 8, 1996.

He left the residence to go to his job at the University of Maryland Shock Trauma near Baltimore Street and Pine Street in Baltimore.

His vehicle is also missing and is described as a cream and silver 1992 Infinity with MD Lic# CRH-468.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact: Baltimore Police Department
443-984-7385
443-984-7386
443-984-7387
Fax: 410-243-8683

Agency Case Number: 969C07890
NCIC Number: M-934661285
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
National Center for Missing Adults
The Doe Network: Case File 1446DMMD

Link:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1446dmmd.html

Bumping up. This Baltimore man is still missing almost 16 years later.

I just submitted this person as a possible match to James....

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/978?page=demographics

*Approximately 70 inches tall

*Approximate age of 25-30 years old

*Race: Black/African American

*Found deceased on 6/30/2000 with a leather jacket, white socks, and brown boots.

*Estimated postmortem interval: Years

What do you think?

I received a reply and they are refering the case to an odontologist and they have been in touch with the detectives handling both cases. I will let you know what I hear back...

The profile has still not been updated with James as a rule-out for this John Doe. I sent another email, hopefully I will hear something soon.

I wonder if he was carjacked. He was driving an Infinity, only a few years old. MD is on the I-95 corridor. They say most exported stolen cars on the east coast are shipped out of Elizabeth, NJ.

I have still not heard anything back and the profile has not been updated with James as a rule-out. The email address that I had for the ME is no longer working. I have emailed the Regional Administrator that is listed on the NamUs page multiple times but she has not yet responed.

I will try the Baltimore Police Department. Does anyone have an email contact there?

James has been missing 18 years today.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/3099

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2287/0/
tatus Missing
First name James
Middle name Allen
Last name Harris
Nickname/Alias
Date last seen March 08, 1996 00:01
Date entered 06/08/2009
Age last seen 31 to 32 years old
Age now 49 years old
Race Black/African American
Ethnicity Other
Sex Male
Height (inches) 72.0
Weight (pounds) 160.0 to 170.0

I just submitted this person as a possible match to James....

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/978?page=demographics

*Approximately 70 inches tall

*Approximate age of 25-30 years old

*Race: Black/African American

*Found deceased on 6/30/2000 with a leather jacket, white socks, and brown boots.

*Estimated postmortem interval: Years

What do you think?

Responding to your post from 3 years ago, this is disheartening.

The John Doe's DNA status is still this: Status: Sample available - Not yet submitted
and

James has been missing for 19 years today.

Bumping for James.

The John Doe listed above is now showing that the status of the DNA testing is: sample submitted, test complete :)))

DNA is not currently available for James though :(

1705289848618.png

Identifiers​

Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Not Available

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Pink hospital scrubs
Jewelry: a gold watch, gold necklace
Additional Personal Items: white socks, brown Timberland boots, leather jacket

There is a Reddit thread about James' disappearance, and a few people mentioned that there was a snow storm that night and next day. Not sure if I can post the link or not, but I will just post here the little information they said.

<<First of all, Shock Trauma is only about 2.5 miles (4 km) from the block that Harris lived on. It would normally be a 10 minute drive on primary roads, however on on the night of March 7-8, 1996 the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast were hit by a relatively strong snowstorm that dumped 12-15 inches (31-38 cm) of snow in Baltimore City. This would have likely severely hampered Harris' drive to work on the morning of the 8th.>>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back