1116 users online (232 members and 884 guests)  

Websleuths News

Polls

How do I post a poll?

Currency ConverterX
    EUR > USD

Quote Originally Posted by gardenmom
    How do I post a poll?
    How do I create and vote in polls? You may notice that some threads on this forum also include a section where you can vote on an issue or question. These threads are called 'polls' and this is how to create them:

Creating a new poll

When you post a new thread, you may have the option to also create a poll.

This function allows you to ask a question and specify a number of possible responses. Other members will then be able to vote for the response they wish, and the results of the voting will be displayed in the thread.

An example poll might be:
    What is your favorite color?
    1. Red
    2. Blue
    3. Yellow
    4. Green
    5. Sky-blue pink with yellow spots
    To create a poll when you post a new thread, simply click the 'Yes! post a poll' checkbox at the bottom of the page, and set the number of possible responses you want to include.

When you click the submit button, you will be taken to the poll creation page, where you can specify the question and the list of responses you want to include.

You may also want to specify a time limit for the poll, so that (for example) it only stays open for voting for a week.

Voting in and viewing a poll

To vote in a poll, simply select which option you want to vote for, and click the [Vote!] button. You may view the current results for a poll before you vote by clicking the 'View Results' link. Voting in a poll is entirely optional. You may vote for any of the available options, or cast no vote at all.

Generally, once you have voted in a poll, you will not be able to change your vote later, so place your vote carefully!

LINK

I did notice the poll feature at the bottom of the thread page. I wasn't sure how to get the voting items up though. Another question is I noticed in one poll that you were able to click on results and see who voted for that particular thing. I don't want that. Is that new? I'd never seen it before. I would want this poll private to protect their opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by gardenmom
    I did notice the poll feature at the bottom of the thread page. I wasn't sure how to get the voting items up though. Another question is I noticed in one poll that you were able to click on results and see who voted for that particular thing. I don't want that. Is that new? I'd never seen it before. I would want this poll private to protect their opinion.
    Yes, you have that option, it doesn't have to be a public poll, it can be a private one for stats only...
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Do you guys mind if I try one in here later, just to make sure I am doing it right before I post it elsewhere? That way I get it right.

((I absolutely love your quote, gardenmom! Just had to say that!)

Quote Originally Posted by monkalup
    ((I absolutely love your quote, gardenmom! Just had to say that!)
    Thank you. She was an amazing woman.

And few would know better than Helen Keller.