719 users online (106 members and 613 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,908

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    On the bank of Lake Pontchartrain
    Posts
    1,777
    Hurrah for that younger guy! How wonderful of him! That first picture was so telling and so bittersweet.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,908
    Quote Originally Posted by BhamMama
    Hurrah for that younger guy! How wonderful of him! That first picture was so telling and so bittersweet.
    I know wasnt it sweet.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Modesto CA
    Posts
    291
    I feel so drawn up short and convicted in reading this. Such a heartwarming story. I don't always do the right thing but I justify it because it's just little things. Oh, dear God, that I would be honest in even the little things. May practice for the big things come in practice shots with the small things.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,908
    Quote Originally Posted by luvahgirl
    I feel so drawn up short and convicted in reading this. Such a heartwarming story. I don't always do the right thing but I justify it because it's just little things. Oh, dear God, that I would be honest in even the little things. May practice for the big things come in practice shots with the small things.
    My little brother is going to Iraq so this article and the boys picture really touched me...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    32,579
    There really are good people among us. Fortunately, this check went to one of the good ones.

    This story made me cry too. Like the recipient said, 'there's a life connected to this.' or something like that.


    JMHO
    fran

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,189
    Quote Originally Posted by fran
    There really are good people among us. Fortunately, this check went to one of the good ones.

    This story made me cry too. Like the recipient said, 'there's a life connected to this.' or something like that.


    JMHO
    fran
    I believe there are lots of good folk- we usually only hear about the bad--- it was great this gentleman made the news the way did, and deserved to- to him- can you imagine , after he called, and they told him to go ahead and cash the checks, that he didint?
    There is bunches of good in this world..............

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    896
    I read this earlier this afternoon and it just made me happy to know that there are some really good-hearted people in this world.


    Happiness...consists in giving, and in serving others.
    - Henry Drummond

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    92,366
    How wonderful to read of something so good happening. Usually we read about so many, many bad things.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Opie
    How wonderful to read of something so good happening. Usually we read about so many, many bad things.
    I know its a change isnt it. I get depressed watching the news....