Neverland Nevermore

BrendaStar

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I know this is being discussed on the "Everthing Mikey" thread, but I feel it needed to be dsiplayed more prominently.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,188181,00.html

FOXNEWS.COM HOME > FOXLIFE
Neverland Nevermore for Jacko
Friday, March 17, 2006
By Roger Friedman
PHOTOS

Jacko Closes Neverland for Good

Michael Jackson has shut down his Neverland Ranch for good. Employees were summoned to the ranch Thursday at 5 p.m. PST in staggered groups, given back pay for 12 weeks through today and told the ranch had been shut down by the California Department of Labor.

In fact, Jackson made the decision to lay off more than 60 loyal staffers after making them wait through three months with no pay. Their health insurance ran out on Feb. 28. Last week, the State closed the ranch because Jackson carried no workmen's compensation.

Despite misleading statements from Jackson’s spokeswoman Raymone Bain, I am told that Neverland is indeed closed except to Jackson’s family members and security staff.

Some of the employees of Neverland had been there with Jackson since he bought the place in the late '80s. A few actually had worked for the previous owner. They leave without pensions or the ability to apply for COBRA health insurance.

(Story continues below)

This is disgusting. All of those poor people. Aggggggggg....I can't even put it into words the way I feel about that...well, I was going to say "man" but even that is a stretch.:mad: :mad:

Hbgchick said:
This is disgusting. All of those poor people. Aggggggggg....I can't even put it into words the way I feel about that...well, I was going to say "man" but even that is a stretch.:mad: :mad:
I guess he could be referred to as a "creature." That pretty well sums it up.

carnation said:
I guess he could be referred to as a "creature." That pretty well sums it up.
Carnation, I prefere the term freak of nature when I think of him. Yuk! And I do feel very badly for those "loyal" people who now have nothing.

These people should write books about everything they have witnessed over the years at Neverland Ranch. They would have no money worries. I wonder if it occurred to The Freak that some of these people might be disgruntled enough to spill what they know about him and his "activities"?? Not all of these people were subpoened during the trial, were they?

I can't remember what website I was on, but it looked like a legitimate news release dated March 2005. The Headline was "Police find remains believed to be Michael Jackson buried on Neverland Ranch" The story said police found decomposing remains still wearing the red leather jacket & one glove & that they believed he was murdered, possibly before the BAD album, and the killer had assumed his identity for all this time. It was a joke, of course, but I almost wish it were true. Thinking about that interview he did 2 years ago where he's out shopping spending a gazillion dollars on total crap. Granted, he may not have known (or maybe he did) the legal bills that were heading his way, but in light of the fact he had no provisions set up for his employees, just shows what a megalomaniac he is. I hope his ex-wife gets those kids from him soon.

I just found the link.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/30940

englishleigh said:
These people should write books about everything they have witnessed over the years at Neverland Ranch. They would have no money worries. I wonder if it occurred to The Freak that some of these people might be disgruntled enough to spill what they know about him and his "activities"?? Not all of these people were subpoened during the trial, were they?
And I hope they do! They sure deserve something!

hollyjokers said:
I can't remember what website I was on, but it looked like a legitimate news release dated March 2005. The Headline was "Police find remains believed to be Michael Jackson buried on Neverland Ranch" The story said police found decomposing remains still wearing the red leather jacket & one glove & that they believed he was murdered, possibly before the BAD album, and the killer had assumed his identity for all this time. It was a joke, of course, but I almost wish it were true. Thinking about that interview he did 2 years ago where he's out shopping spending a gazillion dollars on total crap. Granted, he may not have known (or maybe he did) the legal bills that were heading his way, but in light of the fact he had no provisions set up for his employees, just shows what a megalomaniac he is. I hope his ex-wife gets those kids from him soon.

I just found the link.

:laugh: LMAO, classic Onion material.

hollyjokers said:

I just found the link.

That was great! I'm thinking he could have been abducted by an alien, or something? It happens! Kidding.

bakerprune64 said:
Carnation, I prefere the term freak of nature when I think of him. Yuk! And I do feel very badly for those "loyal" people who now have nothing.

Nature didn't create the freak, he did it to himself.

Can we burn the Pedo Palace to the ground now, please please???;)

englishleigh said:
I believe they all had to sign non-disclosure agreements in order to work there. It's likely binding for life outside of a subpoena. *shrugs*

Michael Jackson doesn't live in the real world. In his head he is still a major star making all kinds of money. He is also used to all of those people who have enabled him through the years bailing him out of his every problem.

I don't understand how employees could be so devoted to him that they would stay and work for nothing for three months. While he was in the middle of the trial he had to be made to pay them for about 12 weeks worth of work.
Why in the world did they stay when they weren't getting paid? I would have been out of there the first payday missed.

They also had to know that they had no retirement pay. I think the wages they were making were really low as it was. It's hard to say if they were aware that their medical had lapsed but three months of wages???

That whole family is a mess. Old Joe doesn't work....Michael was making his house payment but I guess Janet is making it now....pitiful. Jermaine lives with his parents....after all of the money he has made???? I guess somewhere in their youth Joe and his wife forgot to teach their kids the important things in life like values, morals, and how to manage their money. Seems that as long as the kids kept bringing in the money mom and dad were happy.

I wonder what happens to the animals at Neverland now? I know there are zoo's that are willing to take them. Maybe the state will step in and force that issue. And I also think it is a shame that Jackson still has those kids. They don't have a chance as long as they are being raised by him. I wonder if Debbie would be any better? Those kids are who I feel sorry for as they have no control of their situation. The employees could have quit any time they wanted.

Dark Knight said:
I believe they all had to sign non-disclosure agreements in order to work there. It's likely binding for life outside of a subpoena. *shrugs*

They don't work there anymore, and he violated the employment contract by not providing them with the Work. Comp insurance and paying them on time, and retirement. Therefore, I believe that the agreement would be null and void. Any legal experts care to take a crack at this one?

bakerprune64 said:
They don't work there anymore, and he violated the employment contract by not providing them with the Work. Comp insurance and paying them on time, and retirement. Therefore, I believe that the agreement would be null and void. Any legal experts care to take a crack at this one?
I hope you are correct. I hope they tell it all. He is a creep.

It wasn't a week ago I read a prominent story on the Net that a class action suit found MJ liable to pay his employees - I forget the amount but it wasn't chump change. Evidently he tried to weasel out of paying those poor folk too. And 60 ? What in the world would 60 people do at that place day in and day out ?

Hopefully *rubbing hands together expectantly* the entire Beatles catalog will be back in Sir Paul's hands where it rightfully belongs too !!!! Yaaaaay :-D

Hopefully *rubbing hands together expectantly* the entire Beatles catalog will be back in Sir Paul's hands where it rightfully belongs too !!!! Yaaaaay :-D
I was thinking the same thing, LuckyEvan. :D Musical Poetic Justice.

I don't really feel all that badly for these employees. :boohoo: I don't understand anyone who would be loyal to someone who abuses children. :furious:

Michael Jackson has been surrounded by Yes-Men and Women who have averted their eyes, signed agreements not to talk, kept his secrets, served his Jesus Juice, and helped him set up slumber parties for little boys. Do I really care if they did all that for money and now they can't anymore?

I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over it. I don't know how those people can sleep at night knowing they helped their "boss" hide his abuses. :furious:

If they couldn't see the handwriting on the wall after their fearless leader moved his base of operations to Bahrain, then I really feel sorry for them. Hello? He's hiding in another country - he doesn't care about these "loyal" employees anymore. Too bad, so sad. They should have listened to Paul McCartney about how "loyal" Michael Jackson is! :loser:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back