759 users online (100 members and 659 guests)  

Websleuths News

GA - Louise Poe, 79, Woodstock, Dec 2005

Woodstock is my hometown..... very sad.

http://www.ledgernews.com/top%20stories.html

There are still no signs of an elderly woman who went missing Dec. 28 last year, according to Woodstock police.

Louise Poe, 79, (right) climbed out of her first-floor window at the Woodstock Estates Assisted Living Facility off of Ga. 92 at about 7:30 p.m., officials said. She had been put to bed around 7 p.m., officials said.

Poe’s daughter, Sheran Taylor of Ball Ground, said she’s concerned her mother has been gone so long but still holds on to some hope that she’s still alive.

“We’re still holding out hoping she’s alive,” Taylor said. “As long as she hasn’t been found that means maybe she is still out there alive.”

Police haven’t had any leads come in from the public, said Detective Sgt. Dan King of the Woodstock Police Department.

He doesn’t think a crime has been committed and believes Poe escaped from the facility, King said.

Since her disappearance, police have conducted about six searches, King said. During the first and second searches, conducted right after Poe disappeared, police used tracking and cadaver dogs to locate the woman, King said. They also utilized the Cherokee County Search and Rescue Team as well as the Georgia State Patrol helicopter. The most recent search of the Ga. 92 corridor was held two weeks ago.
    ...... more at link above
    The above post is as always MY OPINION ONLY!

Police say remains may be those of Woodstock woman
    http://tinyurl.com/z6wmn
    ...On Wednesday, police found the skeletal remains of a woman less than a half-mile away from the Woodstock Estates Assisted Living Center where Poe lived...

I hope the family can find some peace now.

If the remains are indeed Loiuse and they were found less than a half mile from where she disappeared, it makes me wonder how well they searched. Certainly a dog could have traced her scent that far. For her family's sake, I hope this is her so they can have some closure, though it's never a blessing to find out a loved one has passed. May she be comfortable wherever she is.

Quote Originally Posted by dulcinea
    If the remains are indeed Loiuse and they were found less than a half mile from where she disappeared, it makes me wonder how well they searched. Certainly a dog could have traced her scent that far. For her family's sake, I hope this is her so they can have some closure, though it's never a blessing to find out a loved one has passed. May she be comfortable wherever she is.

I agree. The dogs should have been able to track her that far and it seems that searches would have been carried out that far too. A woman of that age could walk that far if her health was in halfway decent shape.

If I was put to bed at 7:00 I think I might just climb out of my window and go for a walk too. Doesn't sound like she was ready to go to bed to me. How could they have missed her if she didn't leave until 7:30? She wouldn't have had that much of a head start and I doubt that she was going real fast.

I wonder if she got lost and just didn't know how to find her way to a road and just stayed right there until she died? That is really a sad thought.

That said a wooded area less than 1/4 mile from the facility. I agree, amazing "searching" was done there.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far. - Joe Walsh