938 users online (106 members and 832 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Monica Rivera-Valdizan, 26, Boca Raton, 2 Jan 2004

A Peruvian couple made a public plea on Sunday night for information leading to the return of their daughter, 26, who went for a walk west of Boca Raton on Friday night and never returned.
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...home-headlines

since she was new to america, and she was baby sitting for a family, has the police ask questions to the family in which she was babysitting? since she did not have family here the police should start looking at the people she was in regular contact with. I read a long time ago this family that hired a 15 year old baby sitter, the parents went to a party of some sort, the father of the child which was being baby sitted left the party went to his home and brutally raped and murderd the babysitter in there home cleaned up and went back to the party. the man was discovered some months later when a neighbor remember seeing him 2 blocks from there home on the night this happened.

Body of woman missing since Friday found near the home where she worked

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...te/7639864.htm

"Palm Beach Sheriff Ed Bieluch said Rivera-Veldizen appeared to be targeted, and may have been under surveillance for some time. Deputies have increased security in the neighborhood because of concern she may have been the victim of a sexual predator."
    Last edited by Doyle; 01-13-2004 at 10:14 AM. Reason: to make it clear she is deceased

I had a gut feeling that this woman had been taken by someone in the area, maybe it is someone who works at the nearby places that she went to that may live in the close area. I hope that the police find him before another person turns up missing and found the way that this young lady was found. maybe they ought to set up a sting operation and have someone pretending to live nearby and see if it brings the attention to any one particular person. a long shot but it could work. lets all hope and pray that they find this person and put him where he belongs...

For Monica

Any news on Monica?

Blessings to all, Lanie
    Help For The Missing

yes, and it's not good ... the creep harmed others too

16-Year-Old Faces Alleged Rapist, Murder Suspect In Court

A girl was in court Tuesday to face the man who is charged with raping her -- a man who is also accused in the rape of another woman and the murder of a Boca Raton nanny.
    The teen, who cried throughout her testimony, said that when Wiggins was preparing to leave for work the next day, she was able to escape. She said she immediately went home, told her mother what happened, and called police.

Wiggins was arrested last January in the rape of a Charlotte, N.C., woman. The woman picked Wiggins, whom she knew as "Jay," out of a lineup.

Investigators said DNA from the Charlotte rape matched DNA in the murder of nanny Monica Rivera-Veldizen. She disappeared from a Boca Raton Publix on West Palmetto Park Road Jan. 2, 2004. Her body was found three days later in some bushes a short distance from the home where she was living and working.

More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/wplg/20060131/lo_wplg/3230532
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

From October 2014:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/pa...017-story.html

"This crime devastated the citizens of Palm Beach County, and in particular Boca Raton," Assistant State Attorney Cheryl Caracuzzo said Friday, before the sentencing of Jerry Devane Wiggins, convicted by a jury moments earlier. "People … were afraid to even go outside their homes due to the brutality of this case."

Circuit Judge John Kastrenakes, imposing three consecutive life sentences plus five years, said Wiggins, 38, "committed horrible, unspeakable acts on Monica Valdizan. It's as brutal a murder as I've seen in 33 years of being in the criminal justice system."

The judge also expressed his sympathies to the victim's parents, Dr. Juan and Rosa Rivera, who traveled from Peru and spent the past two weeks watching Wiggins sit on trial on charges of first-degree murder, kidnapping, sexual battery and attempted sexual battery.