You Don't Need to be a Member to Subscribe.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
FYI. You don't need to be a member of Websleuths to order Diary of a Mad Crime Forum Owner. I'm not shy. I'll take anyone's money. LOL.

Seriously, you all have been so supportive. I have several yearly subscriptions already and many monthly's as well.

Thank you all again. I really want to be able to donate to Project Jason. That's my goal. 25% goes to Project Jason after I raise 350 dollars per month.

Our Websleuths lawyer is a sweetheart. Actually the forum has two of them. One of them sweet the other an angry pitbull of a guy. I love them both. They both are very generous with their time when it comes to WS. I know they don't bill me for every minute like most lawyers.

The sweet lawyer always gets a kick out of the legal issues that come up. If I have to talk to the pitbull he ALWAYS starts our conversations by saying, "What HAVE YOU DONE THIS TIME?" LOL.

Thanks again.

Tricia said:
FYI. You don't need to be a member of Websleuths to order Diary of a Mad Crime Forum Owner. I'm not shy. I'll take anyone's money. LOL.

Seriously, you all have been so supportive. I have several yearly subscriptions already and many monthly's as well.

Thank you all again. I really want to be able to donate to Project Jason. That's my goal. 25% goes to Project Jason after I raise 350 dollars per month.

<Snipped>

Thanks again.

Good morning Tricia n' all :)

I was so pleased to read in Tricia's post above that Websleuthers have been supportive in signing up for the newsletter. :)

Quite honestly - now that the newsletter is 'a reality' - I suppose I surmised that all those 'signing up' would take the opportunity to post their support on the original thread. By the limited post count - I didn't see the 'hoped for support' indicated.

Gotta admit - I was rather disappointed to see so many "views" of the newsletter and so few posts verbalizing their 'sign up support'. Especially .. when SO many of our WS regulars quite possibly spend more time here at Websleuths posting, reading & interacting with their forum friends than they do with their own families.

Many of us - who have been around for a good number of years - remember the old days of WS before Tricia took the reins and put this dynamite forum back on it's feet .. on a secure server & with terrific dedicated mods.

Prior to August 2003 - the "oldtimers" remember .. crash after crash - forums, threads & posts lost forever - members scrambling to locate their WS friends on other forums - repeatedly starting over again - weeks of no communication from administrators during crashes and so much frustration with "everything" that was apparently going on behind the scenes. It was totally exasperating.

Since late summer of 2003 - Websleuths has been a completely different place. :D The more expensive secure servers among other enhancements has made all the difference.

We choose to be here on WS because it truly is the best crime sleuthing forum on the net. Right? From my perspective - $350. each & every month to shell out for server costs .. for all of us to have a safe & comfortable community to post & interact with one another is huge. Huge! Who else here would be willing to underwrite & fund such an endeavor?

Anyway - I know we are all very grateful to have WS as our forum home. I just hope more folks will 'verbalize their support' on these threads. It's not much to contribute to having secure servers, a safe well moderated community, support for "Project Jason" - not to mention a well written newsletter and a bit of chocolate to keep Tricia sweet n' sassy. <lol> :dance:

JMHO - and grateful for the WS forum ...:)

13th Juror

Thank you for your suppport 13th!!

I just wanted to point out that many may not feel comfortable posting that they subscribed.
Some like to be low Key:)

13th Juror said:

Good morning Tricia n' all :)

I was so pleased to read in Tricia's post above that Websleuthers have been supportive in signing up for the newsletter. :)

Quite honestly - now that the newsletter is 'a reality' - I suppose I surmised that all those 'signing up' would take the opportunity to post their support on the original thread. By the limited post count - I didn't see the 'hoped for support' indicated.

Gotta admit - I was rather disappointed to see so many "views" of the newsletter and so few posts verbalizing their 'sign up support'. Especially .. when SO many of our WS regulars quite possibly spend more time here at Websleuths posting, reading & interacting with their forum friends than they do with their own families.

Many of us - who have been around for a good number of years - remember the old days of WS before Tricia took the reins and put this dynamite forum back on it's feet .. on a secure server & with terrific dedicated mods.

Prior to August 2003 - the "oldtimers" remember .. crash after crash - forums, threads & posts lost forever - members scrambling to locate their WS friends on other forums - repeatedly starting over again - weeks of no communication from administrators during crashes and so much frustration with "everything" that was apparently going on behind the scenes. It was totally exasperating.

Since late summer of 2003 - Websleuths has been a completely different place. :D The more expensive secure servers among other enhancements has made all the difference.

We choose to be here on WS because it truly is the best crime sleuthing forum on the net. Right? From my perspective - $350. each & every month to shell out for server costs .. for all of us to have a safe & comfortable community to post & interact with one another is huge. Huge! Who else here would be willing to underwrite & fund such an endeavor?

Anyway - I know we are all very grateful to have WS as our forum home. I just hope more folks will 'verbalize their support' on these threads. It's not much to contribute to having secure servers, a safe well moderated community, support for "Project Jason" - not to mention a well written newsletter and a bit of chocolate to keep Tricia sweet n' sassy. <lol> :dance:

JMHO - and grateful for the WS forum ...:)

13th Juror

WOW 13th Juror. Thank you for your incredible support. You don't know how much I appreciate it.

I want reiterate a few things.

No one is under any obligation to subscribe. Like I said before. 5 dollars is a meal to people. I understand this.

WS will be here whether 1 person subscribes or 1000 people do. I am just having a blast putting together the newsletter.

To be totally upfront and honest I want to tell you how I came up with the operating cost of 350 dollars a month for WS.

$259.00 per month for the server. God Bless this server. I LOVE IT.

Approx. $90.00 per month per year for other costs.

Example;

The new front page cost around $300 dollars to do. It was well worth it and I won't have to put out that kind of cash again for a long time. In fact, our webguy gave us a GREAT deal because he is a good guy :) Included in that 300 dollars was starting up Amber Harris's website as well.

Wednesday I'll be meeting with my lawyer about WS issues and Internet issues. This could run me between 200-500 dollars.Perhaps more. Depending on what we do. I meet with my lawyers several times a year.

There is a yearly fee for the software and updates. I can't remember how much to be honest but I am thinking it's around 60 or 70 dollars a year. I think.

I like to keep several hundred dollars in my paypal account so I can purchase something needed quickly or pay someone for emergency work.

To be totally honest, by the end of the year it might be a bit more than 350 dollars a month but that's fine.

Again, let me stress, no obligation to subscribe whatsoever.

I would be happy to show anyone the actual server bill. I don't want anyone to even have the slightest question of whether I am being truthful.

As far as the other expenses I would be happy to show those as well. They are not a monthly thing however.

13th Juror it's people like you along with the other wonderful posters at WS that make it all worth while.

Tricia

Tricia: You do not have to show me diddle squat.I would pay to be here. This is the best place on the Net.But because of your BIG HEART you have allowed us this place for free. And to many times we as guest here forget two little words

THANK YOU :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

JDB said:
Tricia: You do not have to show me diddle squat.I would pay to be here. This is the best place on the Net.But because of your BIG HEART you have allowed us this place for free. And to many times we as guest here forget two little words

I second that!!!!! I think the newsletter is an awesome idea!!!!!! Behind the scenes scoop...can't wait :D

JDB said:

THank YOU!!!

Again, NO ONE SHOULD FEEL OBLIGATED TO SUBSCRIBE.

I worry that people might think they have to subscribe to keep WS going. Not the case.

The newsletter is turning out to be something that is going to be a lot of fun.

I hope people will feel comfortable enough to contribute stories or ideas. I would welcome anything along those lines.

Loveyaall.

Tricia

It is a wonderful idea Tricia and for what Websleuths means to me, I will sign up of course!

Do you have a fixed amount in mind, or is it by donation, and when should it be done? Let us know and then I think you will have a energetic response.

Scandi

scandi said:
It is a wonderful idea Tricia and for what Websleuths means to me, I will sign up of course!

Do you have a fixed amount in mind, or is it by donation, and when should it be done? Let us know and then I think you will have a energetic response.

Scandi

Hi Scandi,

The newsletter costs 5 dollars a month. You can purchase it monthly or yearly or half yearly or whatever combo you would like.

I have explained it all right here.
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37384

The first newsletter is actually in the first post in the thread linked above. That way you can get a feel for what the newsletter will be like. I also included PayPal instructions.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Tricia

I know you are not kidding about the costs. I help work on my company's Web sites and they are expensive, especially when you have a lot of users and a lot of stored information.

I don't know how you do it, Tricia. You are mighty generous with your time and your money.
And so is everyone else who helps out with moderating and anything else.

Thank you for allowing us to be here. :blowkiss:

Amraann said:
Thank you for your suppport 13th!!

I just wanted to point out that many may not feel comfortable posting that they subscribed.
Some like to be low Key:)
Yep, that's me, shy.... :blushing:

Sent my $ for annual subscription just now.

Good luck and thanks!

PrayersForMaura said:
I know you are not kidding about the costs. I help work on my company's Web sites and they are expensive, especially when you have a lot of users and a lot of stored information.

I don't know how you do it, Tricia. You are mighty generous with your time and your money.
And so is everyone else who helps out with moderating and anything else.

Thank you for allowing us to be here. :blowkiss:
I second everything you wrote above PFM. I run an int'l IT dept. and TRUST ME, it's all very expensive and time consuming.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back