958 users online (186 members and 772 guests)  

Websleuths News

Exclamation Canada - Cadbury Eggs Recall in Canada

HEALTH HAZARD ALERT

PIECES OF HARD PLASTIC IN 39 g CADBURY CARAMILK, CARAMILK MAPLE AND CARAMILK CAFÉ CHOCOLATE EGGS

OTTAWA, March 1, 2006 - The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) and Cadbury Adams Canada Inc., are warning the public not to consume 39 g Cadbury Caramilk, Caramilk Maple and Caramilk Café chocolate eggs described below because these may contain pieces of hard plastic.

The following Cadbury chocolate eggs are affected by this alert:

Chocolate Egg/ Size &Weight/ UPC
    Caramilk/ 39g/ 0 615712 4
    Caramilk Maple/ 39g/ 0 615882 2
    Caramilk Café /39g/ 0 615892 93
    Eggs Caramilk /3 x 39g/ 0 61200 05431 66
    Eggs Multi pack /6x 39g/ 0 61200 00581 312
    Eggs Multi pack /12 x39g/ 0 61200 21134 4

These products are individually wrapped in a foil. These eggs are sold in singles as well as in multi packs containing three, six or twelve eggs with or without other flavours. Only the Caramilk chocolate eggs described above are affected. These chocolate eggs have been distributed nationally.

Consumption of these products may result in an injury. There has been one reported injury associated with the consumption of these products.

The manufacturer, Cadbury Adams Canada Inc., Toronto, Ontario is voluntarily recalling the affected products from the marketplace. The CFIA is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.

For more information, consumers and industry can call one of the following numbers:

Cadbury Adams Consumer Relations Line 1 866 782-3267 (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday to Friday).

CFIA at 1 800 442-2342 / TTY 1 800 465-7735 (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern time, Monday to Friday).

For information on receiving recalls by electronic mail, or for other food safety facts, visit our web site at www.inspection.gc.ca.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

The world is coming to an end...........

Quote Originally Posted by julia
    The world is coming to an end...........
    LOL! I actually made the headlines SMALLER than they way the press release had it, which was HUGE! But yes, when Cadbury eggs are no longer safe, the terrorists have won. (Well, they weren't behind this, but they are probably happy about it! hmph!)

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

It really must be hard for those rabbits to lay those plastic eggs...

And here I thought they had been recalled because someone found all sorts of gooey, sticky, mucous-y nastiness in them.

Uck - not my favorite candy, and that's saying something! LOL

I love Cadbury eggs Good thing I didn't buy one yet..

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

Quote Originally Posted by amandab
    And here I thought they had been recalled because someone found all sorts of gooey, sticky, mucous-y nastiness in them.

Uck - not my favorite candy, and that's saying something! LOL
    Too funny! That was my first thought, too.

Thank goodness it wasn't the Cadburry Mini eggs... I have been eating those little suckers like crazy already !!!

OMG next thing we know they will be recalling Peeps....then Easter will have to be cancelled.

I used to like peeps as a kid...I liked them when they were hard as a rock...I didn't even know they were supposed to be soft....LOL