Estimated Height: 5'-6'
Estimated Weight: 122 lbs
Additional Details:
Location Found: 112th Avenue, south of SR84 in unincorporated Ft. Lauderdale
Hair: Light brown, shoulder length
Eyes: Brown (possibly grayish)
Facial Features: No details available
Tattoos: None
Scars, Surgeries and Other Dental and Medical Information: No scars or identifying marks. All natural teeth present except for left 1st molar. Several teeth had fillings.
Jewelry: Necklace (possibly chain link), single white metal hoop earring, square faced watch with Roman numerals
Clothing and Shoes: High heeled shoes with cork soles. Light blue scarf blouse with a manufacturer's tag reading "Climax by David Howard." Blue jeans with silver zipper and a silver button. Dark blue underpants. Narrow (@ 7/16" wide) belt with silver color dots on outer aspect.
Personal Effects: No details available
Other Details: Decedent was @ 5' 4" tall.

Seems eerily similar to this, from doenetwork:
Amy Billig
Missing since March 5, 1974 from Coconut Grove, Dade County, Florida.
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: January 9, 1957
Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5, 110 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown wavy hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: Scar on abdomen
Clothing: A short blue denim skirt and cork platform sandals.
Dentals: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Billig was last seen hitchhiking along Main Highway in Coconut Grove, FL on March 5, 1974. She was headed to her father's office. Billig never arrived; she has not been seen since.
Law enforcement agencies have never closed Billig's case.
She often hitchhiked in her neighborhood. She was known as a flower child, and a very spiritual, very social, well adjusted teenager.

Does anyone know if Amy Billig's DNA or dentals have ever been compared to this Jane Doe's? This Jane Doe is not posted on Doenetwork, by the way.

Kelly

Amy Billig has an appandextemy scar and this Jane doe has no scars.

mjak

but do u think her scar was so not noticable that even the people who found her couldnt see the scar unless u told them where it was and then they went back and saw it? i read the book last month it took me a day to read it i spent all day reading and i cried it was so sad. when the book was written her mom was alive she just reccently died and never gave up her search for her doughter. in the book she talks about this guy he worked for the goverment or something he had some infactuation with her and amy he would call and say i know where amy is i know this and that come meet me at this place and that place. she would go to bars. empty parking lots and such would wait and wait and this guy would never show. well in the end they eventualy cought him and he was just a sick man playing sick jokes on her.

Yeah, I noticed that discrepancy but I thought there were several possible reasons why you wouldn't see a scar:
1. Victim was stabbed in the region of the scar, so it was impossible to tell if it were there.
2. Decomposition of victim masked any scars.
3. Victim's lower torso was not present.
4. Victim was so severely beaten that you couldn't recognize a scar.
etc.

However, this victim seems so close, both in time frame and location, to Amy's disappearance that it is hard to believe that they haven't been checked against one another.

I'll e-mail the PD in charge of Amy's case tommorrow if nobody tells me they weren't a match before then.

Kelly

I realized that I'm not sure to whom I should report this. Should I e-mail Doenetwork, or should I call the police department in charge of her case? I'd hate to bother the police with something that may be completely wrong...

Kelly

azure said:
I realized that I'm not sure to whom I should report this. Should I e-mail Doenetwork, or should I call the police department in charge of her case? I'd hate to bother the police with something that may be completely wrong...

Kelly
I dont see anything wrong in calling the police. Wouldnt it be something if after all this time it was her??

if you are not comfortable calling the police, you can always e-mail rocky at doe network.

If you read this story on Amy Billig, missing since March 5 1974 it tells just how active her Mother was in trying to find her. Tells of some possible scenarios as well.

http://icaremissingpersonscoldcases...ng-since-1974-from-Coconut-Grove-Florida.html

I think if the UID that was found on June 19,1974 was Amy her Mother would have known this as the UID had several pieces of jewelry.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/756uffl.html

Also the 3 and a half months from when Amy went missing till the UID was found just makes me think the Mother would have known based on what I have read.

And so began Susan's harrowing and extraordinary twenty-five-year search for her lost child-an odyssey that led a desperate parent into the seedy heart of a dangerous subculture built on drugs, rebellion, brutality, and sex; a relentless hunt for the truth that showed her the best side of humanity ... and the very worst.
SUSAN BILLIG 1925-2005 Mother's death ends quest to find child For more than 30 years

NAMUS link for the UID, no ruleouts.
https://identifyus.org/cases/1339

JMO but I don't think we should rule out anybody based on the assumption that a relative would have checked it out, not knowing how much publicity the UID had at the time. Also, the missing person could have acquired jewelry that her family doesn't know about.

did anyone ever check? This uid is on doe network, and to me the silver necklace looks much like one Amy is wearing on her Doe profile pics, the necklace in the picture with the star on the black or dark shirt, the shoes match, height and weight, the location is so close to Coconut Grove.. but I can't image this doe has not been checked but I did not see rule outs on Namus. But maybe due to the age of the case and the rule outs before it went on Namus? Still I think it is worth another look, and technology is so much better than 1974- maybe news of the uid didn't spread to Coconut Grove, and they were unaware of her?

A very good match up, I think it would be good to call this match in:)

I was working on some UID cases in Florida when I came across this PM:

Brenda Sue Lefler

1. Age (31) is within range
2. Race (Caucasian) matches
3. Height (5'7) is within 3 inches
4. Weight (130 lbs) is within 8 pounds
5. Eye color (hazel) could easily be described as a grayish brown
6. Timing lines up; Lefler went missing less than 2 months before the UID was found. The UID's postmortem interval is only 1 month
7. Distance (46.8 miles) is very reasonable
8. Circumstances also line up. The UID was also a probable homicide, investigators in Lefler's case believed she may have been murdered
9. Neither Lefler nor the UID had any scars or tattoos

The only inconsistency I see is that the UID's hair is described as light brown, while Lefler's hair is described as auburn. But that could be a very easy mistake to make; it's not like one had black hair and the other was blond.

I'll bump this case as it has nearly been 1 1/2 years since the last post. This UID really could be Amy Billig with how close the time frame is, and other consistencies mentioned before.
But, I doubt we'll be able to make a match with no DNA or dentals for the UID, fingerprints "located elsewhere" according to namus, and no fingerprints available for Amy. Maybe there could be an exhumation of the body for dentals or DNA in the future, if law enforcement even knows where it is located.

Updated Namus link: Unidentified Person Case

No ruleouts listed.

Photo of jewelry (click to enlarge):

Thumbnail

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members