728 users online (110 members and 618 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

PA - Tanya Kach, 14, McKeesport, 10 Feb 1996

March 22, 2006

The Charley Project: Tanya Nicole Kach

McKeesport police said a woman who has been missing for 10 years -- since she was 14 years old -- has been found safe.

Officials said Tanya Nicole Kach, now 24, was found Tuesday in McKeesport. Kach was reported missing on February 10, 1996.

McKeesport police Officer Joseph Pero said Kach was initially listed as a runaway, but her disappearance turned into a missing person case.

Kach was reported to be in good condition and is with family members in Pittsburgh. Officials said the investigation is continuing, but would not comment further.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/8186371/detail.html

Last edited by summer_breeze; 06-04-2013 at 05:44 AM.

Girl Missing for 10 Years Shows Up

Not a lot of details yet. This was and is a bizarre case.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/8186371/detail.html

Thank goodness she is alive and safe. What are the circumstances of her disappearance? The article didn't say much.

Here is more. She claims she was locked in a man's bedroom for 4 years. I am sure more ugly details will follow shortly.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...15/detail.html

News station is saying she was locked in a man's bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Usher737
    News station is saying she was locked in a man's bedroom.

Hmmm. Very interesting. The article says the man was not arrested. Will be interesting to hear more on this girl.

Wow... Very odd, I would like to hear more about this.

Thankfully she is alive and well.

Joe Sparico, owner of J.J.'s Deli Mart, said the woman he's known for the past six months as Nikki Evans broke down in tears Tuesday and told him she is the missing Tanya Kach, and that a school security guard had kept her locked in a bedroom of his Soles Street house that he shares with his elderly parents.

"To be honest with you, I really didn't believe her at first," Sparico said. "I mean, who could believe that. It's been 10 years. It was just too much for me to believe."

Kach said that the guard never physically abused her, but threatened to kill her many times and brainwashed her into believing her family didn't love her, Sparico said.

"He told her everyone believed she was dead anyway," he said.

Sparico said the guard works at nearby Cornell Middle School. School officials were not immediately available for comment.

McKeesport police Chief Joseph Pero said charges might be filed later. Pero declined to comment when asked about the security guard's identity. He also would not say whether the woman was being held against her will, or whether she changed her identity or appearance

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/trib/pmupdate/s_435776.html

This is great that she has been found. With every one that is found it gives hope to the families of the thousands more missing that they too will be found.
    Retired 08/03/03

She'd been locked up for four years? I thought she's been gone for ten?
    Hmmmm. Hopefully we'll hear more soon.

The picture of her looking ten years older is not an actual picture but a computer generated one from a missing persons website. I gogled her but didn't find much.

Quote Originally Posted by jubie
    She'd been locked up for four years? I thought she's been gone for ten?
    Hmmmm. Hopefully we'll hear more soon.
    She was gone for 10 years. After being held captive for four straight years, she was able to venture outside for awhile.

Update

Here is an update about what happened to her.

Kach told Channel 11 news reporter Karen Welles that she was held captive by a 37-year-old man.

The suspect turned himself into police on Wednesday.

Kach said, "I thought I found someone who loved me and he said he'd take care of me."

Kach said she was held in a bedroom for 10 years. Kach insisted she wasn't physically or sexually abused, but she said there was verbal and mental abuse.

"There were times when I would threaten to leave and there were times he threatened to kill me," said Kach.

Kach said after four years of never leaving the bedroom, she was finally allowed to go out once in a while, but she thinks she was brainwashed into thinking her parents wouldn't want her back.

"I didn't want to be on the streets because that's where I thought I'd be. I didn't think I had a home. That was my home, that was my life," said Kach. "I didn't think anybody cared because he would tell me, 'Your case is dead, it's cold.'"

Her father, Jerry Kach, never gave up hope of finding her.

Jerry Kach said, "It was exactly 10 years, one month and 11 days and there wasn't a day that went by that I didn't think of her."

Officials said the investigation is continuing, but would not comment further.

What a bizarre story. Thank God she's alive and safe.

One of the articles below says the man that was holding her, shares a home with his elderly parents. Did they have any idea that she was a kidnapped child?

She must be very screwed up. And the guy turns himself in?

One thing I don't buy in her story is that there was no sexual abuse. Unless the guy has zero testosterone - I won't ever believe he held her for that long just to have someone to talk to. Maybe she's still trying to protect her captive. I understand the Stockholm syndrome people will do that, which is what I assume she is.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast