View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

TN - Rev. Matthew Winkler dead in Selmer, family missing, 23 March 2006

AP) Husband found dead, wife and daughters gone"

NASHVILLE, Tenn.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation issued a statewide Amber Alert Thursday morning after a West Tennessee pastor was found murdered and his family missing.

The missing persons were Breanna Winkler, age 1; Mary Alice Winkler, 6, who is 3 feet tall and weighs about 40 pounds; Patricia Winkler, 8, who is 4 feet tall and weights about 60 pounds. All are white females. The two older girls have dark brown hair.

They were possibly with their mother, Mary Winkler, who is 32, 5-foot-3, and weighs about 120 pounds.

They were believed to be traveling in a gray 2006 Toyota Sienna van bearing Tennessee license plates NDX-288.

They are missing from Selmer in McNairy County, where the husband and father, Matthew Winkler, was found dead in a bedroom of the parsonage of a Church of Christ, where he was the minister.

When he didn't appear for a worship service Wednesday night, members of the church went to the parsonage and found him dead, police said.

TBI spokeswoman Jennifer Johnson said there were no signs of forced entry at the parsonage.

Mary Winkler and her children were last seen late Tuesday afternoon.

Selmer is about 80 miles east of Memphis.

Authorities were asking anyone who saw the van or who had other information tocall 1-800-TBI-FIND.

This sounds like preacher's wife killed preacher and took off with the kids. Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh
    This sounds like preacher's wife killed preacher and took off with the kids. Very sad.
    This could very well be what has happened. But someone could have killed him and took the wife and children. Sometimes preachers open their homes to people traveling through who call on them for help. If she did it, the kids are probably in less danger but it should be easier to find her if this is the case. She will have to turn to someone.

TN - 3 Winkler kids, ages 1-8, Selmer, March 2006

The three children Breanna 1, Mary 6 and Patricia 8 are thought to be with their mother but are listed as endangered missing.

http://nvfc.us/content/view/1988/70/

Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh
    I pray that if this is the case she doesn't decide to kill herself and the children.
    Retired 08/03/03

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by cammy-g
    The three children Breanna 1, Mary 6 and Patricia 8 are thought to be with their mother but are listed as endangered missing.

http://nvfc.us/content/view/1988/70/
    Oh my lord, will this ever end.......

All these ppl should be put on one island that take, rape, kill kids......forever

I'd listed this under 'Up to the Minute' about this family

Amber Alert Selmer Tn-minister/father Dead, Family Missing
    AP) Husband found dead, wife and daughters gone"

NASHVILLE, Tenn.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation issued a statewide Amber Alert Thursday morning after a West Tennessee pastor was found murdered and his family missing.

The missing persons were Breanna Winkler, age 1; Mary Alice Winkler, 6, who is 3 feet tall and weighs about 40 pounds; Patricia Winkler, 8, who is 4 feet tall and weights about 60 pounds. All are white females. The two older girls have dark brown hair.

They were possibly with their mother, Mary Winkler, who is 32, 5-foot-3, and weighs about 120 pounds.

They were believed to be traveling in a gray 2006 Toyota Sienna van bearing Tennessee license plates NDX-288.

They are missing from Selmer in McNairy County, where the husband and father, Matthew Winkler, was found dead in a bedroom of the parsonage of a Church of Christ, where he was the minister.

When he didn't appear for a worship service Wednesday night, members of the church went to the parsonage and found him dead, police said.

TBI spokeswoman Jennifer Johnson said there were no signs of forced entry at the parsonage.

Mary Winkler and her children were last seen late Tuesday afternoon.

Selmer is about 80 miles east of Memphis.

Authorities were asking anyone who saw the van or who had other information tocall 1-800-TBI-FIND.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,188887,00.html

Oh lord. I cannot imagine what's happening to this family. Is this another sick FRUCKING pervert killing the parents for the girls? OMG

I'm so tired of children being abducted daily. I pray they find these children safe and sound.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    ~ Albert Einstein ~

Since I've not been on this board long, it makes me wonder how you all keep your spirits up (this may be posted elsewhere - if so, I'll search it out if you tell me where) because the victories (finding them safe and sound) sure don't seem to outweigh the minuses (bodies found - or worse, never found, and so forth). Thanks.
    L/e

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by luckyevan93
    Since I've not been on this board long, it makes me wonder how you all keep your spirits up (this may be posted elsewhere - if so, I'll search it out if you tell me where) because the victories (finding them safe and sound) sure don't seem to outweigh the minuses (bodies found - or worse, never found, and so forth). Thanks.
    L/e
    Hi there......
    I for one took about 7-8 months off all the chat boards..
    It was getting to me.....

I may be wrong, but it doesn't sound like a pervert. It sounds like the mother may have killed the father and taken off with the kids. Selmer is a small town, 120 miles from Memphis, and I haven't heard of any locals missing.

I'm wondering if there is a "boyfriend" or a wannabe boyfriend who killed the father and kidnapped the mom and children.

I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.

Trino, I'm with you. I think the implication from LE is that the mother/wife killed the husband/father and made off with the children.

Selmer, TN is a tiny little place. You blink while driving through on Highway 45, and you'll miss it. I ate dinner at a little barbeque place called Pappy Johns' there 3 weeks ago with MrPigeon and our sons as we were making our way down to Detroit, AL via Tupelo, MS.

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast