GUILTY TN - Rev. Matthew Winkler, 31, shot to death, Selmer, 23 March 2006

luckyevan93

Reaction score
AP) Husband found dead, wife and daughters gone"

NASHVILLE, Tenn.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation issued a statewide Amber Alert Thursday morning after a West Tennessee pastor was found murdered and his family missing.

The missing persons were Breanna Winkler, age 1; Mary Alice Winkler, 6, who is 3 feet tall and weighs about 40 pounds; Patricia Winkler, 8, who is 4 feet tall and weights about 60 pounds. All are white females. The two older girls have dark brown hair.

They were possibly with their mother, Mary Winkler, who is 32, 5-foot-3, and weighs about 120 pounds.

They were believed to be traveling in a gray 2006 Toyota Sienna van bearing Tennessee license plates NDX-288.

They are missing from Selmer in McNairy County, where the husband and father, Matthew Winkler, was found dead in a bedroom of the parsonage of a Church of Christ, where he was the minister.

When he didn't appear for a worship service Wednesday night, members of the church went to the parsonage and found him dead, police said.

TBI spokeswoman Jennifer Johnson said there were no signs of forced entry at the parsonage.

Mary Winkler and her children were last seen late Tuesday afternoon.

Selmer is about 80 miles east of Memphis.

Authorities were asking anyone who saw the van or who had other information tocall 1-800-TBI-FIND.

This sounds like preacher's wife killed preacher and took off with the kids. Very sad.

englishleigh said:
This sounds like preacher's wife killed preacher and took off with the kids. Very sad.
This could very well be what has happened. But someone could have killed him and took the wife and children. Sometimes preachers open their homes to people traveling through who call on them for help. If she did it, the kids are probably in less danger but it should be easier to find her if this is the case. She will have to turn to someone.

englishleigh said:
I pray that if this is the case she doesn't decide to kill herself and the children.

cammy-g said:
The three children Breanna 1, Mary 6 and Patricia 8 are thought to be with their mother but are listed as endangered missing.

http://nvfc.us/content/view/1988/70/
Oh my lord, will this ever end.......

All these ppl should be put on one island that take, rape, kill kids......forever:furious:

Amber Alert Selmer Tn-minister/father Dead, Family Missing
AP) Husband found dead, wife and daughters gone"

NASHVILLE, Tenn.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation issued a statewide Amber Alert Thursday morning after a West Tennessee pastor was found murdered and his family missing.

The missing persons were Breanna Winkler, age 1; Mary Alice Winkler, 6, who is 3 feet tall and weighs about 40 pounds; Patricia Winkler, 8, who is 4 feet tall and weights about 60 pounds. All are white females. The two older girls have dark brown hair.

They were possibly with their mother, Mary Winkler, who is 32, 5-foot-3, and weighs about 120 pounds.

They were believed to be traveling in a gray 2006 Toyota Sienna van bearing Tennessee license plates NDX-288.

They are missing from Selmer in McNairy County, where the husband and father, Matthew Winkler, was found dead in a bedroom of the parsonage of a Church of Christ, where he was the minister.

When he didn't appear for a worship service Wednesday night, members of the church went to the parsonage and found him dead, police said.

TBI spokeswoman Jennifer Johnson said there were no signs of forced entry at the parsonage.

Mary Winkler and her children were last seen late Tuesday afternoon.

Selmer is about 80 miles east of Memphis.

Authorities were asking anyone who saw the van or who had other information tocall 1-800-TBI-FIND.

:behindbar :behindbar I'm so tired of children being abducted daily. I pray they find these children safe and sound.

Since I've not been on this board long, it makes me wonder how you all keep your spirits up (this may be posted elsewhere - if so, I'll search it out if you tell me where) because the victories (finding them safe and sound) sure don't seem to outweigh the minuses (bodies found - or worse, never found, and so forth). Thanks.
L/e

luckyevan93 said:
Since I've not been on this board long, it makes me wonder how you all keep your spirits up (this may be posted elsewhere - if so, I'll search it out if you tell me where) because the victories (finding them safe and sound) sure don't seem to outweigh the minuses (bodies found - or worse, never found, and so forth). Thanks.
L/e
Hi there......;)
I for one took about 7-8 months off all the chat boards..
It was getting to me.....

I may be wrong, but it doesn't sound like a pervert. It sounds like the mother may have killed the father and taken off with the kids. Selmer is a small town, 120 miles from Memphis, and I haven't heard of any locals missing.

I'm wondering if there is a "boyfriend" or a wannabe boyfriend who killed the father and kidnapped the mom and children.

Trino, I'm with you. I think the implication from LE is that the mother/wife killed the husband/father and made off with the children.

Selmer, TN is a tiny little place. You blink while driving through on Highway 45, and you'll miss it. I ate dinner at a little barbeque place called Pappy Johns' there 3 weeks ago with MrPigeon and our sons as we were making our way down to Detroit, AL via Tupelo, MS.

I hope they are watching any nearby boat ramps in lakes or rivers just in case she heads there.

Selmer, TN is a tiny little area. Probably everyone there knows at least one person in that family.

I hope the remainder of the family is found safe. I have to agree with those who think the implications are that wife/mother killed husband/father and ran with the kids in the family car.

Trino said:
I may be wrong, but it doesn't sound like a pervert. It sounds like the mother may have killed the father and taken off with the kids. Selmer is a small town, 120 miles from Memphis, and I haven't heard of any locals missing.

I think so, too. I hate to say this, but I wonder if the husband wasn't as nice as his parishioners thought? What if he was abusive to her and the girls, one of those harsh-religious types? I know I'm just speculating and the man isn't here to speak for himself, but I wonder, if the wife did do this...what would make her do something this drastic??

It appears the baby just turned 1 yrs old this month. Could this be a case of PPD (Postpartum Depression)? I hope we don't hear how the mother has been depressed for over a year now and nobody took the time to help her.

I had a boss once that was Fanatically Religious and said that if you were a Christian then you wouldn't need medical intervention for depression... basically if you dwelled on others more then yourself then you wont be depressed...HOGWASH but since this is a home of a Pastor I wonder?:confused:

Just in...the mother and children were found alive and well in a van parked along side a road in Alabama. No one was with them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back