Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Rose L. Cole, Missing Since 1972

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhawk
    Quick question Isabela, do you know if Rose was listed as one of the surviving children in Jesse's obituary?
    Great question ladyhawk!

Does anyone know where Jesse was living when he died? His birth or death dates? I was going to search for a death cert., but the thread is way too long to go back and look.

Quote Originally Posted by gardenmom
    Does anyone know where Jesse was living when he died? His birth or death dates? I was going to search for a death cert., but the thread is way too long to go back and look.
    Here you go gardenmom,

DEATH CERTIFICATE Deceased: COLE , JESSE JOSEPH Date of Death: 04/29/1991
    Genesee County Clerk (Michigan)
    Retired 08/03/03

Thanks, I couldn't find anything on ancestry.com. I don't know where else to look.

Gardenmom, I'm not sure what good a Death Certificate would be, since we already know what his DOD was. If you do want to track down information on him, however, you can do it via the Genese County Records page. Sorry, I don't have that url right in front of me.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTexas
    Gardenmom, I'm not sure what good a Death Certificate would be, since we already know what his DOD was. If you do want to track down information on him, however, you can do it via the Genese County Records page. Sorry, I don't have that url right in front of me.
    I was trying to find an obit on him, which is why I needed the death date and place. I didn't find anything though.

Ohhhh, I thought you were looking for either a Death Certificate or a DOD... an obit makes sense. I wonder who would have written it... probably his 3rd wife, the one nobody even knew anything about. I think he was out of touch with all of his kids by that point.

Someone update me, why are you looking for Jesse, I found his date of birth and social security number so far. what is it that we are looking for ???

Well anyways it says he was born August 21, 1928/ died april 29 1991.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow
    Someone update me, why are you looking for Jesse, I found his date of birth and social security number so far. what is it that we are looking for ???
    Ladyhawk was wondering if Rose was listed as a surviving child. I kind of doubt it, but ya never know.

Thanks Gardenmom, I'm still looking, but not finding. Shadow205 filled me in. I was having an airhead moment.

The archives for the Flint Journal only go back to 1995, and he's not showing up on Ancestry.com (at least not for me!)... so I'm not sure we're going to be able to find a copy of his obit.

Thanks! Just thought maybe we could see if Rose was listed in his obituary. You know how they usually list all living family members and where they live now. I've searched the newsarchives.com and didn't come up with anything yet.
    Thanks again,
    Debbie

Does anyone know what funeral home held his service, maybe they have a copy of it on Microfilm, also the Flint Library would definately have it on microfilm if there was an obituary, you can phone them and order it, it's usually only a couple of dollars, they usually ask you to mail a self addressed envelope.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow
    Does anyone know what funeral home held his service, maybe they have a copy of it on Microfilm, also the Flint Library would definately have it on microfilm if there was an obituary, you can phone them and order it, it's usually only a couple of dollars, they usually ask you to mail a self addressed envelope.
    I had someone recently email me that was local to Flint asking if I needed any local research done...I'm at work now and don't have the name/email. I'll look when I get home. Maybe I can ask her to go to the library and pick this up for us. She said she would be willing to do anything local we need, library, court house ect.

I hope I still have her email!

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448
    I had someone recently email me that was local to Flint asking if I needed any local research done...I'm at work now and don't have the name/email. I'll look when I get home. Maybe I can ask her to go to the library and pick this up for us. She said she would be willing to do anything local we need, library, court house ect.

I hope I still have her email!
    That sounds great Christine. I am very curious now as to how the obit read. Did it list Rose as a survivor or just not mention her at all? Very good question.
    Retired 08/03/03

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow205
    That sounds great Christine. I am very curious now as to how the obit read. Did it list Rose as a survivor or just not mention her at all? Very good question.
    I am trying hard to find her email, I have so many to sift through , and I can't find it yet...dag gum it!

If your reading, whoever you are, you said you were reading here and that's how you got my email, please email me again christine2448@charter.net

Quote Originally Posted by julieL
    he just corrected me and said the baby she refers to in the letter: no that was my oldest brother billy he is my half broither my dad was married before he married my mother. He said billy was born in 1973. My other brothe rRaymond was born in 74. He was born in 77 so after all this happened.....
    In the letter from Rose to Jesse dated November 17, 1972 she asks:

"how is the baby, is he real cute?"

I am confused. According to what Julie posted above, Billy was born in 1973. Who is the baby that Rose refers to in the letter? The baby that she is referring to was born prior to November 17, 1972

Link to the letter http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yannet...b2.jpg&.src=ph
    Retired 08/03/03

Itscreenw,
    If you could check the population sheets for 1972 to 1973, to see when Rose was there and when she left that would be great!
    How are you feeling after your surgery?
    Thanks,
    Debbie

Itscreenw,
    Thanks,
    Debbie
    I'm doing better than expected. Did a little too much housework yesterday and I am feeling it today!! I'm not supposed to be out of bed yet!! That was sweet of you to ask. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow205
    ? The baby that she is referring to was born prior to November 17, 1972
    Good catch, Shadow!!

Itscreenw,
    If you could check the population sheets for 1972 to 1973, to see when Rose was there and when she left that would be great!
    Thanks,
    Debbie
    No one can find population sheets for the time period she was there.

Subscribing to this thread! I've been following this case since the beginning. Unfortunately, I was having issues getting registered but thanks to Christine and Amraann I was able to get registered!!
    I've been wanting to say "Good Luck" on your surgery Istreenw but I hope you're feeling better.

I think its a great idea to check out whether it states Rose as 'surviving' child of Jesse's or not. But it all depends who wrote the obiturary though.

Regarding the "baby" in Rose's letter to Jesse. Wasnt it about her step-brother or step-sister's baby? I think this was mentioned few pages back if I am not wrong?

Jesse Joseph/Baby

have never seen his obituary. This is how much I know about him. He lived in Flint the rest of his life. He worked for GM in MI.
    We learned thanks to our cop friend that he re-married.

He actually lived a few houses down from Billyís mother in law.

The baby is Billyís first born. If you look up Billyís marriage record, youíll find two. One with the mother of his first born and his second marriage to Joann, Brianís mom, born 1972.

Bride: BEDARD, DONNA MARIE
    Groom: COLE, BILLY WAYNE
    Married: 04/29/1972

Bride: MORISSETTE, JO ANN
    Groom: COLE, BILLY WAYNE
    Married: 12/29/1982

I am planning on going to Flint for the week of July 4. I realize it is not the best time of the year to find public places open but I'll try anything.

I have never been in Flint. My first trip! Roxanne, the cousin, still lives in Flint. She offered to give me a tour.

I am planning to spend time with Billy and his family but I want to dedicated most of the days to try to get any info I can.

Suggestions are welcome! I like to have a plan prior to getting there. . .

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast