Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233

Thread: Rose L. Cole, Missing Since 1972

Heading to Michigan

Hi!!!

I am heading to MICHIGAN, be back Friday night (the latest). Will not have access to e-mails or Forum while there . . . Have a great Fourth of JULY!

I want to concentrate on 3 major things:
    1. Library (Jesse Joseph Obituary)
    2. Police Department (any records, try to open a missing person case)
    3. Jesse Joseph's Will/letter notifications to kids

Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!

YFC_IsabelaPR

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow205
    I
    I lean more toward Synanon didn't notify the court that Rose had left right away and kept collecting the money for her.
    This seems like a very likely possibility to me. In a former life, I worked for the welfare dept. (not in California) but we had a group called "Teen Challenge" that would come in and apply for welfare for the kids who were sent there by parents, etc. to straighten them out if they were "delinquent" for rehabilitation for drugs.

The question I have is: who paid Synanon? Did the juvenile justice system pay in some way? Or did Synanon apply for welfare in the California County? Or have Michigan welfare send the check to Cal.? If it is the public welfare system, for sure there would be records. Who paid, and when did the money stop? The welfare dept. in the 70s would have kept case narratives of some kind; perhaps if another agency were involved, they would have, too. Likely there are files in some warehouse, somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448
    Where is the copy...on here? I can't find it, maybe I need glasses, if that's the case, LOL, I prolly won't be able to read it either!
    Christine, it's here:
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yannet....net/my_photos

Posted by Tennessee:
    In the meantime, could we get a part 2 thread. This one is wayyyyy looooong.
    Hey Sleuthers, I started a part 2-I hope that's ok. See ya on the new thread!!

From Flint, MI

Hey!

Got part of my research done!

Paid visit to the courthouse and checked the will, I found the addresses were the notifications were sent. For Rose and Jesse the address was unknown. A few months later they found Jesse and a letter was sent to him. A note was also added that indicated that Pose couldn't be found. Nothing regarding Rose!

Got the obituary from newspaper at the Flint Library. She was mentioned along with everyone else.

And finally went to the police department to report her missing. The person I need to talk to was not there; I need to call him tomorrow at 8:30 AM.

Will keep you posted (I'll be returning home Friday)
    YFC_IsabelaPR

6. The Following User Says Thank You to IsabelaPR For This Useful Post:

Great job, Isabela! Keep up the good work... and good luck talking to the people you need to see.

Quote Originally Posted by IsabelaPR
    Hey!

Paid visit to the courthouse and checked the will, I found the addresses were the notifications were sent. For Rose and Jesse the address was unknown. A few months later they found Jesse and a letter was sent to him. A note was also added that indicated that Pose couldn't be found. Nothing regarding Rose!

Got the obituary from newspaper at the Flint Library. She was mentioned along with everyone else.

And finally went to the police department to report her missing. The person I need to talk to was not there; I need to call him tomorrow at 8:30 AM.

Isabella,

Do not take no for an answer. Very politely but firmly tell them that Rose was sent to Synanon by the judicial system there and they need to do the report. If this person that you are talking to has a problem with that then insist on seeing his supervisor. You have come to far to not get that report! Don't leave without it! Be sure that you get the cae number too.

If you can manage to have the time, I really think that you need to go to the court house also and look for old records. A visit to the office that Itsreenw contacted would be a good place to start.
    Retired 08/03/03

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Shadow205 For This Useful Post:

bcf

Quote Originally Posted by IsabelaPR
    Hey!

Awesome, thanks for keeping us posted. I have been following, you all are doing awesome work, wish I could help more. I'm just a PM away if anyone here needs anything!

Thinking of Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by itsreenw
    Oh, duh. A lot has been added here...thanks for the link. I have read most of everything here and got a lot via email....hadn't visited that site for awhile, great job getting everything up there Isabel.

Here's the link to the New Rose Cole II thread that Itsreenw started:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...72#post1103972
    Never give up...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hoping4truth For This Useful Post:

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233