Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 810
  1. #166
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,384
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTexas
    First, Rose's SIL has posted all letters on a website. I think everyone can access it, but I'm not sure. If you click on each individual letter, it will bring it up to a larger size. Here's the url:

    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yannet...6AHqEBUTS0_Vbe


    Gardenmom, nobody has yet located Claire. The reason the SIL knows that Rose wrote Claire is that it's mentioned in one of Rose's letters. Several people here on WS are trying to locate Claire so that the SIL can talk to her about the letters. Of course, the letters were written 33 years ago, and it's doubtful Claire still has them... but perhaps she'll remember if there was anything important in them.
    The link does work (does this mean I don't need to work on the letters you sent me?) and they are readable. Thanks.


  2. #167
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,320
    Shadow, this is what the SIL wrote to me yesterday re your information:

    "Will let you know what I found out. . .thanks"

    I haven't heard anything since then. I do know she was busy working on getting copies of the letters posted yesterday, so don't know if she made any telephone calls or not. If I hear anything, I'll let you know right away.


  3. #168
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,320
    Christine, right, you don't need to work on the letters now! The SIL posted all of them in a smaller, yet readable, format.

    RE the Jane Doe. I'm not sure where we are on the Jane Doe situation. The SIL had to file some police reports and/or missing persons reports before she could have the DNA tested against the Jane Doe. I know the SIL has filed the reports but don't know what's happened since then. The reports were filed last week I believe. The SIL did write this to me yesterday:

    You know the Synanon had a place in Marin County. Jane Doe was found in Marin County. I e-mailed them and left them a voice message but no one has contact me. . .


  4. #169
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,320
    For anyone viewing Rose's letters on the Yahoo site, here are some interesting comments from the SIL re the December 15, 1972 letter:

    I think this is the most upsetting ones of all the letters.

    She left the Synanon after a "game", where all she was told were lies. . .

    Page 5, at the bottom of the page, "I'm being kept with nice care, and they care for me, think I am 19". She was about to turn 16 when she wrote this letter.

    Page 6, "If something happens to me. . .I want to be buried in Mich, please!"

    Page 2, she did write to Claire. . .


  5. #170
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    3,647
    I have just read through all of the letters that SIL has posted at the other site. I had questioned before(in my mind) if maybe Rose just left Synanon and started her life over somewhere. After reading all of those letters, I do not think that. She wanted to much to see her family again. It seems that she was especially close to Billy. I cannot see her going all of these years without making contact with them. As much as I hate to say it, I beleive even more now that we need to concentrate on Jane Doe's.
    Retired 08/03/03


  6. #171
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    3,647
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTexas
    For anyone viewing Rose's letters on the Yahoo site, here are some interesting comments from the SIL re the December 15, 1972 letter:
    "I'm being kept with nice care, and they care for me, think I am 19". She was about to turn 16 when she wrote this letter.
    I wondered about this statement too. Could she be referring to the underground railroad that helped people leave Synanon? I am going to be making a phone call later today and hope to obtain some information on the underground railroad. Maybe they kept some sort of records of who they assisted in leaving Synanon. I will post what I find out.

    Retired 08/03/03


  7. #172
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,320
    Thanks, Shadow. I look forward to hearing what you find out. All of the letters seem to be filled with "please love me, anyone please love me". They are incredibly sad, to say the least. I, too, think she would have definitely contacted someone in the family... and the fact that she hasn't does not bode well for her.


  8. #173
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,384
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTexas
    Christine, right, you don't need to work on the letters now! The SIL posted all of them in a smaller, yet readable, format.

    RE the Jane Doe. I'm not sure where we are on the Jane Doe situation. The SIL had to file some police reports and/or missing persons reports before she could have the DNA tested against the Jane Doe. I know the SIL has filed the reports but don't know what's happened since then. The reports were filed last week I believe. The SIL did write this to me yesterday:
    Thanks HOT....so, this is still a very good possibility. They look very similar to me.


  9. #174
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,384
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTexas
    First, Rose's SIL has posted all letters on a website. I think everyone can access it, but I'm not sure. If you click on each individual letter, it will bring it up to a larger size. Here's the url:

    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yannet...6AHqEBUTS0_Vbe


    Gardenmom, nobody has yet located Claire. The reason the SIL knows that Rose wrote Claire is that it's mentioned in one of Rose's letters. Several people here on WS are trying to locate Claire so that the SIL can talk to her about the letters. Of course, the letters were written 33 years ago, and it's doubtful Claire still has them... but perhaps she'll remember if there was anything important in them.
    The letter I have is not posted there, will she be adding more info to the link you posted for the letters?


  10. #175
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    3,647
    I just spoke with a lady whose church assisted with the "underground railroad". She said that they never knew any names of the people who they were helping to leave Synanon. She said that they just showed up around midnight and were gone early the next morning. I got the impression that it was all done very secretively. She told me that most of them were young kids. When I told her that Rose ran away from Synanon but then in another letter was back there, she said: "Oh, they caught her!" I wish that I could have talked to her more but she was in a hurry to get off of the phone. She did tell me someone to call(I already had the name) that might be of more help. I have a call in to him(got an answering machine) and hope that he calls me back. I hate waiting!
    Retired 08/03/03


  11. #176
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,320
    Shadow, that's great work! Thank you for calling and talking with the lady who assisted with the underground railroad.

    I have a few updates...

    One, the SIL wanted Shadow to know that Rose's last letter was not written on Synanon stationary, and she thinks there's a pretty decent possibility that Rose did actually escape from Synanon.

    Two, there is a new letter posted on the Yahoo site now. I think eventually all of them will be on the Yahoo site.

    Three, this is what the SIL said re the Jane Doe:

    I called the detective in California regarding Jane
    Doe but he is not on duty until tomorrow. Will let
    you know once I talk to him.
    As I get more updates, I'll let everyone know.


  12. #177
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,952
    Ya'll are amazing!!! Good work.


  13. #178
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,320
    The SIL emailed me a compliment for everyone, so thought I would pass it on:

    HoT, I must say this again, Jesse, myself and the
    rest of the family are very, very greatful of all
    yours and forum's support.
    Thanks to all of you for the great job you're doing!


  14. #179
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,384
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTexas
    The SIL emailed me a compliment for everyone, so thought I would pass it on:


    Thanks to all of you for the great job you're doing!
    We are all trying, let's hope we can find some answers for the family, best outcome would be to locate Rose.

    I have gotten one more response from an email, it pointed me to another person....besides that, nothing at the moment.

    Stay strong everyone, don't give up!

    I really want to know about the Jane Doe posted, I am praying it is not Rose.


  15. #180
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,384
    Check your PM's everyone, I need some help with something..I don't want anyone 'watching' to be onto me....you'll understand when you read PM.


Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. CA CA - Rose Lena Cole, 16, Oakland, 1972 - #2
    By itsreenw in forum Rose Cole
    Replies: 562
    Last Post: 06-11-2015, 11:54 AM
  2. CA Rose Lena Cole (16) - Oakland CA, 1973
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-11-2010, 01:13 PM
  3. Rose Cole
    By christine2448 in forum Facebook for the Missing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-26-2008, 09:54 PM
  4. Rose Cole and 584UFCA
    By outofthedark in forum Rose Cole
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-03-2007, 09:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •