Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
    Looks pretty close to me, Christine, especially around the eyes. And the wedding picture Ladyhawk posted looks very much like the picture of Rose at 14-15.

So if by chance she did get married while she was there, wouldn't they have to file for a marriage license? Wouldn't it have her husbands name on it?
    Debbie

So if by chance she did get married while she was there, wouldn't they have to file for a marriage license? Wouldn't it have her husbands name on it?
    I'm not sure. I've read up on some of the Synanon marriage stuff, but not enough to know if they followed the laws of the State of California re licenses. I would guess they didn't. They pretty much thought they were above the law.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTexas
    The wedding picture DEFINITELY looks like Rose.
    This I'm not seeing, why can't I see it....I don't see Rose anywhere in that picture, the wedding one I think the girl mentioned nose is too big, and her hair is too straight....didn't Rose have curl in her hair, many have said they remember her long curled hair? Or maybe I am mixed up.

Wouldn't that be somethin'....if she married, but noone emailing me seems to recall that.....I think I need to get more specific with my questions, like, what is their last memory of Rose, seeing her when?

Do you think she lied about running away? Because she wanted to marry? This would throw a whole new twist to this.

I am going to see if I can get more details from ex synanon members....I'll let you know what I find out.

Christine look in the back row starting from the left to the right the 4th girl. She is turned looking or talking to the girl next to her
    Debbie

I just sent this email out to my Synanon connection:

Hey there, how's your day goin'?
    I hope very well......I am wondering, in your opinion, or any of your contacts, could Rose have been lying in letters, not have run from Synanon? We have found a wedding picture that some think is her, a group wedding, me, I don't see it, but some say they think it is her.
    I am wondering, maybe she lied to parents because she fell in love and wanted to stay on with this fellow?
    Your thoughts?
    Also, does anyone you have been talking to remember her running away? What are thier last memories of seeing her.....maybe she didn't run away? Could they be covering for her?
    Oh, my mind is reeling!
    Thanks for all of your help!
    Christine

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTexas
    There's a resemblance, in a more mature sort of way. But what about all of the accounts of Rose having long wavy hair? I guess they could have cut it off.
    I believe that cutting their hair was a favorite form of punishment/humiliation for people who "broke the rules". Long hair was a kind of status thing, up until the women's revolt when they all started shaving their heads.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Christine, maybe ask your source to look at the picture of the ad with the other guys. To me it looks like a pose one would do for a theater type thing. The girl looks very comfortable, I don't think its her. If we can find out who that was it would help us move on.

BTW, I don't think the wedding pic is her either. What is it with those weddings anyhow? Someone asked, then answered herself and dropped it. Inquiring minds want to know...

Interestingly, I think the wedding picture looks very much like Rose... at least what my mind can translate from her last picture. The same thick wavy hair. Obviously, it's very hard to tell anything accurately with pictures, since we've never met her. But it does look like I have her invisioned.

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448
    I just sent this email out to my Synanon connection:

Hey there, how's your day goin'?
    I hope very well......I am wondering, in your opinion, or any of your contacts, could Rose have been lying in letters, not have run from Synanon? We have found a wedding picture that some think is her, a group wedding, me, I don't see it, but some say they think it is her.
    I am wondering, maybe she lied to parents because she fell in love and wanted to stay on with this fellow?
    Your thoughts?
    Also, does anyone you have been talking to remember her running away? What are thier last memories of seeing her.....maybe she didn't run away? Could they be covering for her?
    Oh, my mind is reeling!
    Thanks for all of your help!
    Christine
    Here is the reply to this email from my new friend:

There was a group wedding, actually 2 of them. My mom married in one of them in 1972.

This was the wedding in fall 1972. She would not have been in this wedding
    as "newcomers" were NOT invited. These were for special people in the community or those who received approval typically there 3 years before getting married. There were few group weddings after 1972 so highly doubtful on that.

They remember her being there.....and then she wasn't. I think she left.
    Many did. The % that left were huge

I think she left, dated, met some guy (these were the 70s remember) and
    perhaps fell in love , perhaps was killed. Who knows.

No one remembers her running away and no one who was in the Boot camp or in Tomales remembers her there and I can't find anyone with an older POP sheet to verify her dates of departure .

No one had a reason to cover for "newcomers" like her. She was simply
    another forgotten "failure" as far as Synanon is concerned. Does that make
    sense?

Sorry, I tried to enlarge the cropped picture from the wedding picture but it was to blury.
    Retired 08/03/03

Well, I guess that takes care of that... she wasn't in the wedding party of 1972. It didn't make sense that she was. Thanks, Christine, for all of your efforts.

I have gotten a few emails today, haven't had a chance to go through them all, I'll mail them out to everyone tonight, ya'll decide what is good and what is not to post.

I did post the one email because it was directed specifically at what I had posted earlier.

Anyone else need on the list? Email me at christine2448@charter.net to be added. (Shadow, not sure if I have you on there, do I?..if not email me and I'll add you and send out the emails I sent yesterday to everyone)

Claire and her Mom

Hi! Could this get more heart-breaking?

I spoke to Claire today. She told me about her childhood friend Rose and how she tells Rose's story about running away from home. She often tells kids what a bad idea it is to run away and how she lost a friend because of that situation. I asked her the tough questions and I think she answered truly.

She swears Rose was NOT doing drugs! When she ran way, she had seen her earlier in the day and things seem normal. She was surprised to hear she had run away.

I asked her about the day Rose was taking to the hospital, she was high on something. Claire swears that they were hanging out with some guys and one of them slipped something in Rose's drink. Claire panicked and took Rose to the ER. She said Rose spent most her time with her and that she would have known if she was using any drugs.

I told her that Rose told the judge that she would stop using but not selling. She thinks Rose just said that to be a smart #$@. She said Rose felt she was never good enough when she talked about home. I think Claire is telling me the truth about the drugs. When someone her age has done drugs in her early years, their answer to "the question" is usually; "it was the '70, everybody did". She gave me her mom's number in Florida.

I called her and she pretty much told me the same story about Rose & Claire. Their relationship, the hospital deal, the boys, etc. She also said that Rose felt she was ugly. She thought Rose was very pretty, with her long dark hair and she had beatiful skin.

She was Emerson's nurse at the time. I asked her if Rose ever came to her. She said that Rose spent time at her place but she was very shy. She never understood but Rose was afraid of her husband. She wouldn't sit at the table with him. She said, "I don't know why she felt that way, I had 6 children and they were all fine".

She said to always wanting to know why was she afraid of him, so when a couple of teachers came to her concerned about Rose's mood she referred Rose to the social worker. He interviewed Rose. A few days later Rose was sent to Jackson Juv. facility.

She said that when kids got in drugs or had deep problems at home, some people from the faculty would meet and determine what to do. They couldn't understand why was she taking, why was not taking care thru the school system. The soc worker thought that Rose had very minor problems at home and was going to recommend a couple more visits. No one understood why she was gone.

The soc worker of course passed away a few years ago.

Isn't this absolutely awful? I don't understand! Why?

I am new here; was child member of Synanon

and have been posting offline to several of you on the list to give you some clarity to the whole synanon story and what was going on in 1972 etc during that timeframe. I hope some of my responses in recent week were helpful to some of you sleuthers.

Julie

16. The Following User Says Thank You to julieL For This Useful Post:

Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast