Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54
    Itsreenw, thank you so much for your efforts at trying to get this matter explained or clarified. I am totally flabbergasted at how incompetence followed Rose everywhere she went. She was like a lost little girl and no one cared enough to hold anyone accountable. Not Synanon. Not the Courts. And not her father. It just breaks my heart. And because of this massive, never-ending incompetence, Rose hasn't been heard from in over 32 years. It's truly shocking.

Thank you HoT, I am shocked at the insensitive attitude of the court employee especially since they are supposed to be supportive to the victims. It seems the only thing the person that replied was concerned with was the fact that I emailed all the wrong people. Did you note the hint of rudeness??

I Rose'a SIL has the chance to go to the courthouse, pics and documents in hand so they can see this kid was a real human being!! I also sent her a link to Michigandoes.com. There is a page there for MI related cases for MP with any prior connection to MI.

Meanwhile, I found this-whaddya think?

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/115ufmi.html

Rose's mom Jane Doe

Doe Network:
    Case File 115UFMI
    Unidentified White Female
    • The victim was discovered in August of 1994 in Cottrellville Township, Saint Clair County, Michigan
    • Estimated Date of Death: 1991
    • The victim had been shot at least twice, once to the head.

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 30 - 50 years old
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2" - 5'6".
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, short or medium length. She may have suffered from long term hyperparathyroidism. Symtoms may have included muscle weakness and fatigue and intestinal or urinary tract problems.
    • Dentals: She had discolored teeth with white patches visible on front teeth. This may have resulted from taking Tetracycline as a child. She may have displayed prominent upper front teeth. She had probably recieved none or very little dental care since childhood. Oral hygiene was generally poor.
    Case History
    The victim was located in an abandoned farmhouse in Cottrellville Township, Michigan in August of 1994.

Last edited by itsreenw; 07-01-2006 at 06:11 AM. Reason: add photos

Interesting Doe

There is a resemblance to Rose's mom and the doe...IMO.

I am guessing that the bolded items things that could 'fit' Rose.
    Age, Height, Urinary Probs, prominent teeth and very little childhood dental care.

What about "may have suffered from long term hyperparathyroidism", what is this, is it heredity, can we find out, or do we know if she could have suffered from this? Did she take any form of "Tetracycline as a child"?

Would it be hard to just call and ask them to check? Maybe we would get lucky and find a great person to work with us like DOA cop...or maybe we could contact DOA cop and have him check it out? He may be able to call and get all kindsa info......get her ruled in our out quickly...is that even a possibility?

I guess Isabella has done so much, she is used to dealing with this by now and would know what steps to take.

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448
    There is a resemblance to Rose's mom and the doe...IMO.

What about "may have suffered from long term hyperparathyroidism", what is this, is it heredity, can we find out, or do we know if she could have suffered from this? Did she take any form of "Tetracycline as a child"?
    Hi, I have been lurking for a while now, and will take this time to help in what little way I can as I am not a good sleuther. I am very familiar with the medical field and DNA, though from a molecular/cell bio standpoint more than from the crime aspect. I am also well verse in molecular pharmacology. So this stuff I can help you with, which makes me happy as I canít do any of the other stuff.

Hyperparathyroidism is a disorder where the parathyroid gland releases too much hormone into the blood. Doctors normally notice this through routine blood work that reveals too much calcium in the blood. Most cases are not hereditary, meaning no one else in the immediate family has disorder. Having said this, there is a small percentage (< 3%) that does have a close family member who also suffers from it.

While the odds are stacked against J.Doe having a family member with the same disorder, it is not unlikely.

Also, tetracycline is/was often given in bacterial infections. I think you would have a hard time finding a child from that time period, or this one for that matter who didnít take it. It is/was a very inexpensive antibiotic. One important thing to mention is that this antibiotic was given quite a bit for the treatment of acne.

Kate

Welcome, Kate, to WS and more particularly to Rose's case. Thanks so much for your input re hyperparathyroidism and tetracycline. Don't feel like you have to be a sleuther to participate... your opinion is as welcome as anyone's here.

Heading to Michigan

Hi!!!

I am heading to MICHIGAN, be back Friday night (the latest). Will not have access to e-mails or Forum while there . . . Have a great Fourth of JULY!

I want to concentrate on 3 major things:
    1. Library (Jesse Joseph Obituary)
    2. Police Department (any records, try to open a missing person case)
    3. Jesse Joseph's Will/letter notifications to kids

Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!

YFC_IsabelaPR

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow205
    I
    I lean more toward Synanon didn't notify the court that Rose had left right away and kept collecting the money for her.
    This seems like a very likely possibility to me. In a former life, I worked for the welfare dept. (not in California) but we had a group called "Teen Challenge" that would come in and apply for welfare for the kids who were sent there by parents, etc. to straighten them out if they were "delinquent" for rehabilitation for drugs.

The question I have is: who paid Synanon? Did the juvenile justice system pay in some way? Or did Synanon apply for welfare in the California County? Or have Michigan welfare send the check to Cal.? If it is the public welfare system, for sure there would be records. Who paid, and when did the money stop? The welfare dept. in the 70s would have kept case narratives of some kind; perhaps if another agency were involved, they would have, too. Likely there are files in some warehouse, somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448
    Where is the copy...on here? I can't find it, maybe I need glasses, if that's the case, LOL, I prolly won't be able to read it either!
    Christine, it's here:
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yannet....net/my_photos

Posted by Tennessee:
    In the meantime, could we get a part 2 thread. This one is wayyyyy looooong.
    Hey Sleuthers, I started a part 2-I hope that's ok. See ya on the new thread!!

From Flint, MI

Hey!

Got part of my research done!

Paid visit to the courthouse and checked the will, I found the addresses were the notifications were sent. For Rose and Jesse the address was unknown. A few months later they found Jesse and a letter was sent to him. A note was also added that indicated that Pose couldn't be found. Nothing regarding Rose!

Got the obituary from newspaper at the Flint Library. She was mentioned along with everyone else.

And finally went to the police department to report her missing. The person I need to talk to was not there; I need to call him tomorrow at 8:30 AM.

Will keep you posted (I'll be returning home Friday)
    YFC_IsabelaPR

11. The Following User Says Thank You to IsabelaPR For This Useful Post:

Great job, Isabela! Keep up the good work... and good luck talking to the people you need to see.

Quote Originally Posted by IsabelaPR
    Hey!

Paid visit to the courthouse and checked the will, I found the addresses were the notifications were sent. For Rose and Jesse the address was unknown. A few months later they found Jesse and a letter was sent to him. A note was also added that indicated that Pose couldn't be found. Nothing regarding Rose!

Got the obituary from newspaper at the Flint Library. She was mentioned along with everyone else.

And finally went to the police department to report her missing. The person I need to talk to was not there; I need to call him tomorrow at 8:30 AM.

Isabella,

Do not take no for an answer. Very politely but firmly tell them that Rose was sent to Synanon by the judicial system there and they need to do the report. If this person that you are talking to has a problem with that then insist on seeing his supervisor. You have come to far to not get that report! Don't leave without it! Be sure that you get the cae number too.

If you can manage to have the time, I really think that you need to go to the court house also and look for old records. A visit to the office that Itsreenw contacted would be a good place to start.
    Retired 08/03/03

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Shadow205 For This Useful Post:

bcf

Quote Originally Posted by IsabelaPR
    Hey!

Awesome, thanks for keeping us posted. I have been following, you all are doing awesome work, wish I could help more. I'm just a PM away if anyone here needs anything!

Thinking of Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by itsreenw
    Oh, duh. A lot has been added here...thanks for the link. I have read most of everything here and got a lot via email....hadn't visited that site for awhile, great job getting everything up there Isabel.

Here's the link to the New Rose Cole II thread that Itsreenw started:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...72#post1103972
    Never give up...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to hoping4truth For This Useful Post:

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54