754 users online (106 members and 648 guests)  

Websleuths News

Life Saving Sherriff may be prosecuted

Katrina Victims Hail Sheriff Who Took Ice

By HOLBROOK MOHR, Associated Press Writer

document.write(getElapsed("20060324T180951Z"));6 hours agoUPDATED 5 HOURS 16 MINUTES AGO

JACKSON, Miss. - Randy Walker swears he would have died from his diabetes after Hurricane Katrina had a sheriff not seized two FEMA trucks filled with ice and distributed it to residents, many of whom had to keep their insulin cold.

Now, that sheriff could be prosecuted on charges of interfering with a federal operation

http://www.comcast.net/news/national...qh=itn_sheriff

This is just wrong on sooo many levels. In his capacity as an officer he has sworn to protect and serve. Not permitting people do die I think falls under that oath.

First off the relief trucks were designated for Hurricaine victims and WTH where they sitting there for when people needed them?

Sort of like the 11,000 thousand fema trailors that were never delivered. Sort of like the people who opted to give patients a shot vs. deal with the problem at hand. It goes on and on.

Actually CP about the Health care providers stranded and facing death with those who they could not move?

I think they did the humane thing rather then permit those incapacitated to drown. I only feel that as it applies to those truly at risk of drowing with no help and no way out.
    Yet here we have a sherriff who did his best to preserve life and they are going to prosecute him??
    There must be some clause in the law that permits such action during a life or death situation.

The charge doesn't sound right - I think it should be something more like "Interfering with Federal Incompetence." I believe that one carries a substantial reward, and a trip to Hawaii or something?

One of the (too few) people who did something right during all that mess, and someone wants to prosecute him? As stated above, he should be given a reward for doing the right thing.

Holy Crow! Is our country messed up, or what!?!?!?!
    Step right up and see the Yakwoman! Only 25 cents a look!

Quote Originally Posted by Details
    The charge doesn't sound right - I think it should be something more like "Interfering with Federal Incompetence." I believe that one carries a substantial reward, and a trip to Hawaii or something?
    Good one, Details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yakwoman
    Holy Crow! Is our country messed up, or what!?!?!?!
    Sure seems like it, huh?!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*