1056 users online (143 members and 913 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    In Pennsylvania, but wishing she was some place else.
    ..................................Bumping for Laureen!

This case fascinates me as it takes place not far from me. I am about 15 minutes from Manchester. I do believe Laureen did make it to california, and I do believe she is the one who called her mother...But what happened to her after if a mystery I think.

,would be curious to know more about the friend whom committed suicide

DO YOU KNOW ME?
    Help Identify Lake Pontchartrain Jane Doe - Slidell, Louisiana - June 19, 1986

Red/Brown (Auburn) Hair, 5'2-5'4, 20-30 yrs old, perfect teeth absence of wisdom, Scars; right knee, abdomen, right wrist, prior right hip injury, possible nose surgery, breast implants, 8-12 wks pregnant, marking of a ring left hand ring finger

LSU Faces: http://identifyla.lsu.edu/profile.php?id=383
    NAMUS: https://identifyus.org/cases/852
    Doe: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/16ufla.html

You don't think Robert Evans is involved, do you? She vanished in the same town as his wife, twenty-one months beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by italianbella View Post
    This case fascinates me as it takes place not far from me. I am about 15 minutes from Manchester. I do believe Laureen did make it to california, and I do believe she is the one who called her mother...But what happened to her after if a mystery I think.
    You know who else went to California....

(I am not at all sure that the timelines match and it's too late at night for me to check it now.)

Quote Originally Posted by mtrooper View Post
    Does anyone know if the Clark County Nevada DOE was ever officially ruled out?
    Here is her NAMUS: https://identifyus.org/cases/46
    In this case is ruled out, but no in the others two cases
    Look at my profile you will find cases of unidentified people new to you! Ivan

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/mem...158875-Romulus

Do we know the names of the two friends she was with that night (the girl friend who slept over and the boy friend who later committed suicide)?

Interesting find... I just had the local librarian look up the address and phone number for Judith R. In 1980. The address was 289 Hanover St. in Manchester NH. All the information I have seen stated that they lived on Merrimack St. (don't know the actual number). Picking a random address on Merrimack St. and it is less than a mile from Hanover St. Looking at google earth street view and it looks like the Hanover St. address is a 3-story apartment building with back doors. Not sure how this fits in but either the family had recently moved or the wrong street name was publicized, perhaps on purpose. I am having the librarian check for addresses and phone numbers in a 5 year range before and after 1980 just to see if any other addresses come up. I was also hoping for a phone number because I am very curious if the person who got that number after Judith got rid of it if they received any strange calls. Of course it's wishful thinking on my part that that same person still has that phone number since 1981 or whenever exactly Judith got rid of it.

Mysterious Circumstances Podcast, case 20 - The Disappearance of Laureen Rahn states that the apartment address was 239 Merrimack St. looking that address up on google maps this does not appear to be a three story apartment but there are definitely some three story apartment buildings very near by.

Bumping for Laureen.

What about this one? There are many things that point me to no but I still come back.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1225ufca.html
    https://identifyus.org/cases/4370

1225UFCA - Unidentified Female

Date of Discovery: August 26, 1980
    Location of Discovery: Newhall, Los Angeles County, California
    Estimated Date of Death: 1979 to 1980
    State of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
    Cause of Death: Homicide by gunshot wound to the back of her head.

Physical Description
    Estimated Age: 15-20 years old
    Race: White
    Height: 5'4" to 5'8"
    Weight: Unknown
    Hair Color: Blonde to brown, 8 inches in length.
    Eye Color: Unknown

Distinguishing Marks/Features: A healed craniotomy on the left parietal area of her head. Pierced ears.

Identifiers
    Dentals: Available. She had four fillings.
    Fingerprints: Not Available
    DNA: Not Available

Clothing & Personal Items
    Clothing: Red sweatshirt with a zipper front.
    Jewelry: One 3/4 loop pierced earring with backing.

Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
    A worker inspecting some nearby water towers came upon some human bones scattered in a 10-foot radius in a vacant lot of an oil field located approximately .6 miles north of 25121 Sierra Highway in Newhall.
    A .25-caliber jacketed bullet was removed from the temporal area of her skull. She was a victim of the Sunset Strip serial killings. The suspect, Douglas Clark, was sentenced to death.

The UID is said to have a craniotomy but on further research that is not accurate.
    The UID age range is above by 1 yr
    The UID was deceased before the Oct 1st call was made. I question the date of these calls. Were they on an "Oct 1st" billing cycle and from a previous date? I did find that the to and from motel calls and the location of the UID were all within 100 miles.
    I'm also not sure how she would have met up with Douglas Clark but if she ended up down there because of a prostitution ring/human trafficking it would not be totally unlikely for her to run into him. Looks like his spree was heavy during this time.
    They are also both showing 4 fillings. Close but close enough to double check the accuracy of both dental records? Not sure

UID fillings - 3,14, 19, 30
    Laureen - 14, 18, 19, 30

In Pennsylvania, but wishing she was some place else.
    .................Bumping for Laureen! Her case is never far from my thoughts!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7