Found Alive FL - Kamiyah Mobley, newborn, Jacksonville, 10 July 1998 *guilty*

lindsay

Reaction score
Missing Since: July 10, 1998 from Jacksonville, Florida
Classification: Non-Family Abduction
Date Of Birth: July 10, 1998
Height and Weight: 1'9, 8 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair, brown eyes. Kamiyah's name is pronounced "KAH-mi-yah." She had an umbilical hernia at birth, which is seen in the illustration posted below her vital statistics. Her navel extended approximately three-quarters of an inch when she was undisturbed, but would increase to three inches when she laughed or cried. Kamiyah was also born with Mongolian spots near her buttocks. These marks were a result of delivery and resembled bruises. The spots usually fade within six to eight months after delivery.
Clothing Description: A white t-shirt and a diaper, wrapped in a white receiving blanket with pink and blue stripes.
Medical Conditions: Kamiyah's mother tested positive for sickle cell anemia and strep type B while pregnant with Kamiyah. The baby did not receive her infant metabolic screening at the time of her abduction, so Kamiyah was in need of medical attention at the time she was last seen.

NCME

Charley Project

After all this time I think it's highly unlikely this little one will be found. I think the only ways Kamiyah could possibly be found are if Kamiyah's abductor gives a deathbed confession or if Kamiyah herself one day becomes suspicious that she doesn't look like her 'family' and does an internet search. I really hope I'm wrong and Kamiyah's mother will find her daughter but sadly I don't think so.

I'm glad you posted this. I was thinking about this case the other day and was trying to remember her name.

OMG that's horrible. It says there are other cases like this, too. I could not imagine the pain this family must feel. I know in VA you need a birth certificate to get a drivers license. Is it the same in FL? Maybe the truth will come out when she goes to get hers, and she will be reunited with her family.

On the Charley Project site it says that the parents refuse to give permission for age-progression pictures to be done. That's a shame and it's too bad they need their permission to do it.

When this first happened I felt really sorry for Kamiyah's mother, but I'm thinking that after a few months I saw something on the news that made me suspect that she was involved for money.

I don't know which channel I was watching, but it was probably 12 or 4 (here in Jax). If I can find the story in any online archives, I'll link it.

Hi
I remember when this happened.I feel if she was involved she had changed her mind and wanted to keep her baby.Why does the family not want an age progression done?

suzanne

I don't know why they wouldn't. It said they hadn't been very cooperative with the investigation.

Kamiyah's conception happened when her mother was underage, which lead to the baby's father being charged with statutory rape. Given all that unpleasantness, perhaps the family simply wants to forget it.

No matter who is involved. Someone knows where this child is. Maybe they will come to the point that they cannot live with this secret anymore.

Hi
There is a little girl Kamiyah people need to think about.All that is not helping to find her.

suzanne

I can think of a reason her family doesn't want an age progression. It may be too incredibly painful for them to see a grown Kamiyah. For their own state of mind they may need to avoid a visual confrontation of what they have missed. While it's not what I would do I don't think we should judge them for that.

I'm sorry. I shouldn't have posted my suspicions of her mother since there's no evidence against her. I don't even remember what it was in that news story that first made me think that. It might have been the law suit she filed, and if so that was unfair of me. Most people in her position would sue the hospital. I apologize.

I do find it odd that neither the mother, or any family members had no camera with them to take pictures of the newborn baby. That is odd. I've never heard of anyone having a baby, and not wanting to take pictures of it, unless the baby was not wanted and this was planned. Anyone else find that wierd? I just had a baby 6 weeks ago and we had dozens of pictures taken of him in the first few hours of his life.

Hi
I took pictures of my babies and everything,the room,Drs,Nurses,Everything.When I was younger with my first babies I did not take as many pictures untill I got home.I do know that with my little girl we literally had to fly out of the house around 11:00 at night.She came very quickly.She was born within 3 hours and the Dr came in late.Two nurses delivered my little girl with the cord around her neck.I had packed my bags a month in advance with camera and we were in such a hurry we forgot the bag.

suzanne

Ok, even if Kamiyah's mom was in a hurry to get to the hospital, she could have sent someone to the story to buy a disposable camera. You'd think someone would have brought a camera.

I took no pictures in the hospital for my first baby. I was too freaked out about everything. No pictures until we got home. I did take pictures of the next two in the hospital. I am in general not a picture taker and the camera is the first thing I forget or let go of if there's any stress or commotion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueSmurf1
Back