GUILTY CA - Jon Johnson, 46, & Michael Daly, 45, shot to death, Elk Grove, 25 March 2006

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
What is up with the shooting sprees? Gosh. :mad:

Northern California Shooting Spree Kills 1

ELK GROVE, Calif. - A man with a 12-gauge shotgun went on a shooting spree along a busy downtown street, killing one person and wounding four others before a deputy shot him, officials said Sunday.

Authorities said Aaron Norman Dunn, 28, randomly shot at people, hitting three, as he walked down the street Saturday night. Two other people were injured by glass when bullets hit their car windshields.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060327/ap_on_re_us/street_shootings;_ylt=An2lzN9GclWSAJx1H_b33plH2ocA;_ylu=X3oDMTA3MjBwMWtkBHNlYwM3MTg-

POSTED: 6:22 pm PST March 26, 2006

ELK GROVE -- A man wielding a shotgun through a busy downtown Elk Grove street on Saturday night allegedly killed KTVU cameraman John Johnson and wounded six others before he was shot by a Sacramento County sheriff's deputy, officials said. .

Aaron Norman Dunn, 28, remained under arrest Sunday at UC Davis Medical Center, where he was being treated for injuries received during a rampage that started outside a restaurant, Sgt. R.L. Davis said.

Dunn, armed with a 12-gauge shotgun, allegedly shot a man in the head at 7:45 p.m. as he sat in his car with his wife and two children in front of a Chili's Grill & Bar, according to Davis.

After getting into a white Toyota Camry and driving around until he crashed, Dunn then fired several rounds at nearby cars before he shot Johnson in the head in the parking lot in front of a Mandango's Bar & Grill, Davis said.Dunn continued firing as he walked down a busy downtown street, shooting a man in the back and then shattering the back windshield of a parked police car, Davis said.

As two sheriff's deputies ordered Dunn to drop his weapon, one of the deputies shielded an injured victim with her body to protect him from being shot again, Davis said. One of the deputies shot Dunn when the suspect did not give up his weapon.The Sacramento County coroner's office identified Johnson, 46, of Elk Grove as the victim. He died of a gun shot wound to the face, said Ed Smith, assistant coroner for Sacramento County.

Another man was being treated for life-threatening gunshot wounds to the head and five others were injured in the shooting spree, Davis said.

Davis declined to identify the deputies, except to say they were both female -- one with four years on the department, the other with six years. more at link:http://www.ktvu.com/station/8279529/detail.html

This is tragic. Mr. heavenlydaze & I have know Aaron for long time. He was a frequent visitor in our store, and lived with his sister not far from my In-Laws. Believe me, I never thought he had a violent bone in his body, and we never suspected drug abuse.

Last night while we watched this on the news, we tried to think of the last time he came in the store. It was about a month ago. He bought a CD, made some small talk & left. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

There's a HUGE meth problem in our area, but I would never have suspected this with Aaron. Apparently, his new-found drug addiction added to a lot of personal problems that led to this horrible thing. There was already a warrant issued on him for battery and public intoxication. Having known him over the last few years, that alone would be hard to believe, but THIS???

Don't take this wrong...I'm not blaming anyone but him. He killed. He did the one thing that in my mind, there is no excuse for. It's just sad... and it makes me wonder about other young people that come in here. We honestly try to get to know them, but maybe we should pay more attention.
Here's a link to the article in our local paper this morning:
http://www.appeal-democrat.com/articles/2006/03/28/news/local_news/news4.txt

:(

From July 2010:

http://blogs.sacbee.com/crime/archives/2010/07/aaron-dunn-to-b.html

A Sacramento judge today ordered that Aaron Norman Dunn be executed by lethal injection for his 2006 shotgun killing spree in which he murdered two men who had just finished dining with their families in Elk Grove...

Dunn was convicted of murder April 13 in the March 25, 2006, slayings of Michael John Daly, 45, and Jon Johnson, 46. The two men were leaving popular Laguna Boulevard restaurants when they were killed by Dunn, who was distraught over the break-up of his marriage and had been ingesting methamphetamine.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back