759 users online (104 members and 655 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - Men Accused Of Dragging Donkey Behind Pickup

What the heck is wrong with people???
    Two men face felony charges of animal cruelty after they allegedly dragged a donkey behind their pickup, according to authorities.

http://www.local6.com/news/8280241/detail.html

This makes me sick...how cruel can some people be?

Happiness...consists in giving, and in serving others.
    - Henry Drummond

I heard about this last night on the local news. It was the top story before the TN Minister story. Apparently the donkey had escaped or something and the guys were trying to get it home. One was driving the truck, the other was behind it hitting it with a whip trying to get it to move. It at least helped the horror I felt when they first showed previews for the news. I thought they just did it for a good time. "hey y'all, lets go drag a jackass down the road" I can hear it now. It doesn't excuse the behavior at all, but at least it wasn't random cruelty. One lady in the town was interviewed saying that anyone in the town would have lent them trailer to carry the donkey in. MORONS. Who is the jackass now??
    Access photos from fellow countdown members by clicking here
    Access Countdown tips and tricks here

Why do people feel the need to abuse animals or children. So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Masissy
    Why do people feel the need to abuse animals or children. So sad.
    THEY SHOULD BE TIED AND DRUG THE SAME WAY THE ANIMAL WAS

Fl Men Accused Of Dragging Donkey Behind Pickup

Strange News
    Fla. Men Accused Of Dragging Donkey Behind Pickup
    var wn_last_ed_date = getLEDate("Mar27,2006,1:22 PM EST"); document.write(wn_last_ed_date);March 27, 2006, 12:22 PM CST

PENSACOLA, Fla. -- Two men face felony charges of animal cruelty after they allegedly dragged a donkey behind their pickup, according to authorities.

Escambia County deputies said they found the donkey laying on the ground gasping for air with several severe open wounds.

The animal had a rope tied around its neck with the other end tied to the bumper of a truck.

The suspects -- identified as Terry Lynn Skinner of Molino and Matthew Michael Ramsey of Cantonment -- told law enforcement officers they were trying to get the donkey to Skinner's home.

Panhandle Equine Rescue transported the donkey to a veterinarian in Atmore, Ala., for treatment.

Skinner and Ramsey were taken to Escambia County Jail.
    (I am trying to contact Panhandle to see if they need funds or a forever adopting home once this poor creature pulls through - hopefully).

I'm from Pensacola and when my boyfriend told me he heard this story on the news I thought he was joking!! But last night they reported the donkey is doing ok (they have her little arms and legs all bandaged in pink wrap), they've named her Jenny and she's up for adoption.
    The two idiots who did this are, of course, behind bars where they should be!

That poor baby! I can't believe those di@#heads did that! I hope they get a nice cozy cell with Bubba!

J2, I like the way you think. I can come up with the truck - got ropes ????? D

I have both the rope and the truck......if someone wants to go halfs on the gas I'd be more than willing to drag these sick bastards cross country.Actually tho bullets are cheaper than gas these days,someone should just tie them up and plant a shell in the back of their head.
    http://proadvocate.proboards74.com/index.cgi death penalty supporters only

The good news is they weren't able to get it to his house. At least the poor beast will have a decent home now.

Quote Originally Posted by brad
    I heard about this last night on the local news. It was the top story before the TN Minister story. Apparently the donkey had escaped or something and the guys were trying to get it home. One was driving the truck, the other was behind it hitting it with a whip trying to get it to move. It at least helped the horror I felt when they first showed previews for the news. I thought they just did it for a good time. "hey y'all, lets go drag a jackass down the road" I can hear it now. It doesn't excuse the behavior at all, but at least it wasn't random cruelty. One lady in the town was interviewed saying that anyone in the town would have lent them trailer to carry the donkey in. MORONS. Who is the jackass now??
    Well the only problem that I have with their lame excuse of a story is that if the other guy was behind the truck then why in the HELL didn't he tell the driver to stop the truck when the poor animal fell That makes it just as bad as jsut dragging the poor thing for the Heck of it!! IMO.

this makes me so sad for the donkey
    I hope the poor thing did not suffer too much and is ok now.

I hope those two jerks get what they serve.
    Remember that golden rule!
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

An article from the Pensacola News Journal today:
    A female donkey that was tied to a blue pickup and dragged at least 76 feet along U.S. 29 late Saturday afternoon is recovering well from her injuries, animal rescuers said on Sunday.

The 5-year-old donkey, dubbed "Jenny" because it is the term for female donkeys, was eating, drinking and "hee-hawing" at an Atmore, Ala., veterinarian's clinic, said Diane Lowery of Panhandle Equine Rescue Inc.

The donkey had cuts on her legs, rear and side, but none of the cuts was deep enough to be near the bone, Lowery said.

"She was shaken and pretty scared," Lowery said about the donkey. "The little donkey may have died if they kept on. She was about to pass out."

But several drivers passing by called law enforcement, who found the truck stopped at Sharon's Diner, formerly called Fran's Diner.

Escambia County deputies arrested Terry Lynn Skinner, 38, of Molino and Matthew Michael Ramsey, 33, of Cantonment on Saturday and charged them with animal cruelty, a third-degree felony.

The two men told deputies that they were trying to get the donkey back to Skinner's house, which is why they knotted a rope around the donkey's neck and dragged her along U.S. 29 behind the pickup. Sgt. Mike Ward, spokesman for the sheriff's office, said he didn't know for sure where the men were bringing the donkey from or if it belonged to either of the men.

Skinner and Ramsey could not be reached for comment on Sunday night.

"They're looking at time in state prison if they're found guilty," Ward said. "You don't see this often."

This is the first donkey rescue the Panhandle Equine Rescue group has done since it began in Feb. 2005. The rescue group has worked 37 cases involving about 150 horses since then, Lowery said.

Donkeys fall under the equine category.

When the donkey leaves the veterinarian's office, possibly today, the Panhandle Equine Rescue will place her in a foster home, Lowery said. The donkey could be up for adoption if the suspects are convicted.

I wish I spoke "hee haw"...I would love to know what she was saying, but I can only assume it's what we're all thinking!!!!! I'll go 1/2's on gas! This stuff makes me sick!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast