1319 users online (234 members and 1085 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

WI - Home invasion victim shoots himself in front of cops

I didn't know whether to post this here or in the Bizarre section...

DARLINGTON -- A Lafayette County homeowner shot two intruders early Thursday morning and then killed himself with a handgun in front of police officers while being questioned about the home invasion, Lafayette County Sheriff Scott Pedley said at a press conference Friday.

http://www.themonroetimes.com/o0318pmu.htm

And this is why:

Pedley said detectives began questioning Fandrich after discovering "a significant amount of illegal drugs and several heavy-duty tactical long- barreled weapons and several handguns" in the house, which Fandrich owned.

The drugs were in the form of more than 1,000 prescription-type pills, Pedley said, adding "it appears the drugs may have been the motivation" for what investigators called a "home invasion" and an "armed intrusion."

The intruders were not the only ones armed. The weapons found at the house included about a dozen "military-type, tactical weapons," said Pedley, and at least 10 handguns. He said Bradley Fandrich was "allegedly self-employed as a gunsmith."

A press release from the department said that when deputies arrived at the scene, they secured it to allow for safe entry by ambulance personnel.

However, as detectives "focused on the actions of Fandrich leading up to the time of the 911 call," he removed a small handgun hidden in his clothing and shot himself. This happened in a large family room, with a detective and three deputies present.
    http://www.madison.com/wsj/mad/top/index.php?ntid=76757&ntpid=1

Pedley said an investigation revealed a significant amount of illegal drugs and several heavy-duty tactical long-barreled weapons and handguns in the residence.

Pedley said there is no indication Fandrich was manufacturing drugs and said tests are being done to determine what kinds of drugs were found inside the house. Because of the amount of drugs found at the residence, it appears the home may have been a distribution center for illegal drugs, he added.

Nothing bizarre about this at all.Drug users/dealers shoot and kill one another all the time.This is merely a case in which a major dealer knew he was caught and simply did not have the guts to face years of imprisonment.I would call this a community improvement.....3 ****s dead in 1 night.
    http://proadvocate.proboards74.com/index.cgi death penalty supporters only

Quote Originally Posted by proadvocate
    Pedley said an investigation revealed a significant amount of illegal drugs and several heavy-duty tactical long-barreled weapons and handguns in the residence.

Pedley said there is no indication Fandrich was manufacturing drugs and said tests are being done to determine what kinds of drugs were found inside the house. Because of the amount of drugs found at the residence, it appears the home may have been a distribution center for illegal drugs, he added.

Nothing bizarre about this at all.Drug users/dealers shoot and kill one another all the time.This is merely a case in which a major dealer knew he was caught and simply did not have the guts to face years of imprisonment.I would call this a community improvement.....3 ****s dead in 1 night.
    I guess that's one way of putting it

I guess the only good thing that's come of the entire episode is that the wife is singing like a bird. She's naming names of more druggies that are ALIVE and using/selling. A huge operation has ended. I'm very glad for that. I just think the whole situation is so.... crazy. He shot himself right in front of the cops!