1246 users online (242 members and 1004 guests)  

Websleuths News

OH - Charlotte Nagi Pollis, 28, Girard, 12 March 1994

I couldn't find any threads about these... if there are, I apologize for the duplicates...

One is Charlotte Nagi-Pollis:

The other is a couple and I can't seem to find anything on them. If I remember correctly, their names were John and Shelly Markham. They had 4 or 5 children, the children came home one day to find their parents gone. Noone has seen or heard from them since...

Woman missing for 20 years
    March 12, 2014
    By VIRGINIA SHANK - Staff reporter (vshank@tribtoday.com) , Tribune Chronicle | TribToday.com
    GIRARD - Today marks 20 years since Charlotte Nagi Pollis was reported missing, and family members said they haven't given up hope that one day someone will be held accountable.

"It's been 20 years of built-up frustration. It's like no one really cares anymore. But we care,'' her brother, Ali Nagi of Youngstown, said. ''I think about it every day. I look at her case every day. There are a lot of questions, and I know there are people who have the answers. We're just hoping they finally come forward."

Nagi said he realizes the case went cold at least 15 years ago, but he's hoping that advances in technology and social media connections can help net new leads for investigators. Pollis' husband, Paul Pollis, reported her missing from their Girard home on March 12, 1994. Charlotte Pollis, who was 28, has never been found. Investigators have said they believe they know who is responsible, but they have never been able to gather enough evidence to prove it.
    The current Doe Network link and photos: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1151dfoh.html

Pretty sure they know who did it, just no evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by killarney rose View Post
    Pretty sure they know who did it, just no evidence.
    That's what it looks like it boils down to. It's 21 years later now, maybe someone will finally start talking....

This link has a lot of interesting info.