809 users online (141 members and 668 guests)  

Websleuths News

OH - Charlotte Nagi Pollis, 28, Girard, 12 March 1994

I couldn't find any threads about these... if there are, I apologize for the duplicates...

One is Charlotte Nagi-Pollis:

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1151dfoh.html

The other is a couple and I can't seem to find anything on them. If I remember correctly, their names were John and Shelly Markham. They had 4 or 5 children, the children came home one day to find their parents gone. Noone has seen or heard from them since...

Woman missing for 20 years
    March 12, 2014
    By VIRGINIA SHANK - Staff reporter (vshank@tribtoday.com) , Tribune Chronicle | TribToday.com
    GIRARD - Today marks 20 years since Charlotte Nagi Pollis was reported missing, and family members said they haven't given up hope that one day someone will be held accountable.

"It's been 20 years of built-up frustration. It's like no one really cares anymore. But we care,'' her brother, Ali Nagi of Youngstown, said. ''I think about it every day. I look at her case every day. There are a lot of questions, and I know there are people who have the answers. We're just hoping they finally come forward."

Nagi said he realizes the case went cold at least 15 years ago, but he's hoping that advances in technology and social media connections can help net new leads for investigators. Pollis' husband, Paul Pollis, reported her missing from their Girard home on March 12, 1994. Charlotte Pollis, who was 28, has never been found. Investigators have said they believe they know who is responsible, but they have never been able to gather enough evidence to prove it.
    The current Doe Network link and photos: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1151dfoh.html

Pretty sure they know who did it, just no evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by killarney rose View Post
    Pretty sure they know who did it, just no evidence.
    That's what it looks like it boils down to. It's 21 years later now, maybe someone will finally start talking....

This link has a lot of interesting info.

Hey guys,it wont let me share link,but plz check out 220UFIL doe network...i submitted it to doe network...and they said theyv e received other tips for the two as potential matched.*MP missing 3/1994,DOE found5/1/95,but ME states she was deceased a year prior.*both had c sections*both were wearing lounge/sleeping attire*both heavy build*both pictures eerily similiar*MPdisappeared in a neighboring state of Ohio,DOE found in Illinois,467mile drive,a6hour one way trip .not un do-able for someone trying to hide a body.

A recent interview with Charlotte's brother, Ali Nagi.

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/u...10_26_45-08_00

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/220ufil.html

good call cafegirl... I had just come here now to post this same thing..... I really think that this jane doe looks soo much like Charlotte. I wonder if this is her??

Quote Originally Posted by Cafegirl View Post
    Hey guys,it wont let me share link,but plz check out 220UFIL doe network...i submitted it to doe network...and they said theyv e received other tips for the two as potential matched.*MP missing 3/1994,DOE found5/1/95,but ME states she was deceased a year prior.*both had c sections*both were wearing lounge/sleeping attire*both heavy build*both pictures eerily similiar*MPdisappeared in a neighboring state of Ohio,DOE found in Illinois,467mile drive,a6hour one way trip .not un do-able for someone trying to hide a body.
    Last edited by madamx; 06-01-2017 at 09:49 PM.