Resolved AK - Anchorage, Male body in Russian Jack Springs Park, Jun'05

Rle7

Reaction score
Police are asking for the public's help in identifying a man who committed suicide in the woods of an East Anchorage park more than a year ago.

The man's body was badly decomposed by the time it was discovered in June at the Russian Jack Springs Park, Anchorage police spokeswoman Anita Shell said. Police are hoping someone may recognize the man's clothing.

The man was wearing multiple socks and clothes suited for winter weather, Shell said. He was found with a gun beside him and police have determined he shot himself, she said.

Police do not know what race the man was, but he was not African-American, Shell said. He was about 5 feet 9 inches tall, with salt-and-pepper-colored hair. He was wearing a multicolored, extra-large winter jacket, a black homemade polar-fleece scarf, a baseball cap and black hiking boots. A green and black backpack was near the body.

Anyone with information on the identity of the man is asked to call police at 786-8900.

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/7571133p-7482469c.html

I don't know about Ancorage, but when I lived in another part of Alaska there were a lot of transient people that lived there. A lot of guys go there to work on fishing boats. I wonder if they checked all the boats there? A lot of people go to AK to get away from the law too. I imagine he would have been checked for fingerprints though.

I don't know about Ancorage, but when I lived in another part of Alaska there were a lot of transient people that lived there. A lot of guys go there to work on fishing boats. I wonder if they checked all the boats there? A lot of people go to AK to get away from the law too. I imagine he would have been checked for fingerprints though.

I don't think that they could get fingerprints if he were so badly decomposed.

I took it as meaning that he killed himself more than a year ago, not that he was found more than a year ago. It says he was badly decomposed so it might have been a while before he was found.

Police are asking for the public's help in identifying a man who committed suicide in the woods of an East Anchorage park more than a year ago.

The man's body was badly decomposed by the time it was discovered in June at the Russian Jack Springs Park, Anchorage police spokeswoman Anita Shell said.

This was published March 2006 so if he was found June 2005 and killed himself sometime before March 2005 it would have been more than a year ago.

refreshing the thread

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back