IN IN - Debra Wilhite, 19, Evansville, 17 Oct 1974

Hollow

Former member
Reaction score
http://doenetwork.org/cases/723dfin.html

Debra Ann Wilhite

Missing since October 17, !974 from Evansville , Gibson, Indiana.

Classification: missing

Vital Statistics:

Date of Birth: November 15, 1954

Age at the time of disappearance:19 years old

Height and Weight at time of disappearance: 5'6", 120 lbs.

Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Naturally Brown, bleached blonde hair, green eyes.

Dental: charts available

Vehicle: A green 1966 Ford Galaxy, Vehicle identification number: 6W66X173520.

Debra Ann Wilhite
Missing since October 17, 1974 from Evansville, Gibson County, Indiana.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: November 15, 1954
Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Naturally brown, bleached blonde hair; green eyes.
Dentals: Charts Available.
Vehicle: A green 1966 Ford Galaxy, Vehicle Identification number: 6W66X173520.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Debra Wilhite was last seen on October 16, 1974. After dropping her two small daughters off at her mother's house, she went to her waitress job at the old Windmill Restaurant at Highway 41 and 57 in Gibson County, Indiana. She was last seen leaving work after her shift in a green 1966 Ford Galaxy, Vehicle Identification number: 6W66X173520. The vehicle has not been located.

Two witnesses that worked with Debra that evening stated they saw Wilhite speaking to a man in the restaurant before she left. One witness stated they overheard the man talking to Wilhite and he told her he had gotten there by hitching a ride on a cattle truck and asked if he could get a ride from her when she left. Out of the two witnesses, one stated Wilhite talked to the man as if they'd previously met, the other witness stated they did not believe Wilhite knew the man. The two left at the same time, but it is not known if Wilhite agreed to give him a ride. Neither Wilhite, or the vehicle she was driving has been found.

Several years later, some information was given to Wilhite's mother. A woman stated that her father had confessed to her he had shot Wilhite, put her body in her vehicle, and then shot-gunned the vehicle into a stripper pit located outside of Elberfeld, Indiana. Because this area was a hang out for many at this time, and the pit was filled with water, it had been nicknamed "The Duck Pond".

In 1994, it was found the stripper pit had been drained of water contents and filled with approximately 30 feet of dirt in the early 1980's. When drained, the bottom of the stripper pit contained approximatley 15 feet of silt, a soft, quick-sand like earth. If Wilhite's vehicle were there it would not have been visible to the workers on site.
Because Wilhite left home for days at a time on occasion, she was not reported missing until several days after her disappearance. When reporting her missing her husband stated that Wilhite may have been pregnant at the time of her disappearance.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Indiana State Police
Sgt. Greg Winkler
812-425-2266

Agency Case Number: 35-3711
NCIC Number: M-004908510
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
WFIE
News Library
CA DOJ
The Doe Network: Case File 723DFIN

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/723dfin.html

It has been 35 years since Debra Ann Wilhite disappeared.

Disappearance of Debra Ann, Special Report 5/27/10

October 14, 1974, was the last time anyone saw Debra Ann Wilhite in Evansville.

"There were reports from waitresses that she worked with there that she was talking to a man that they didn't know. They didn't think she appeared to know him but he was asking for a ride. He was hitchhiking somewhere and she did have a car. There's speculation that maybe she gave this man a ride and he did something that he kidnapped her or something," Carol Sugg said.

Carol was 10-years-old when her sister Debra went missing.

Debra was last seen at a truck stop at Highway 41 and 57 in Evansville. She was a waitress at The Windmill Restaurant which was located where the Dairy Queen is today.

She was last seen driving her green 1966 Ford Galaxy.

More at link..

http://tristatehomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=160926

Since her car has never been found either, the stipper pit seems plausible. Wonder why the troopers disagree?

I wonder if they ever drain those on a regular basis?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/723dfin.html
Debra Ann Wilhite

DWilhite.jpg

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG...http://www.nampn.org/cases/wilhite_debra.html
North American Missing Persons Network

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1132/0
NamUs

Little Misty: My Big Red Button [Paperback]
Misty Lynn Walker (Author)

This is the book written by her daughter.

Wow. My parents and I are from Evansville. We moved away when I was little but my parents were living there when she went missing. I'll have to ask them if they knew her or anything about the case. I'm also familiar with the stripper pits because I used to fish there with my grandma's boyfriend (they never married but he was basically my grandpa). I still have family in the area and visit every few years. Spooky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://icaremissingpersonscoldcases.yuku.com/topic/395#.UVjmkqJJMkQ

more in-depth details.

Do you think we can get Misty in as a consult?

The book is listed on Amazon.com and is searchable inside and I am sure the publisher would be best to contact. I am a female alone and often have people want a ride from restauraunt or store; I have to stop myself from guys because I think about cases like this and others. I will give rides to elderly females on busline but no men!

with what little is listed on the case i think the guy she cought a ride with had something to do with it. i wonder why le did not dig up the pit to see if they could oncover something i believe she is there.. maybe she really did not know the man but he was very convincing to give him a ride and back then in the 70s women were still trusting of strangers and without the technologys we have today i think she oculd have been saved or at least her car found

with what little is listed on the case i think the guy she cought a ride with had something to do with it. i wonder why le did not dig up the pit to see if they could oncover something i believe she is there.. maybe she really did not know the man but he was very convincing to give him a ride and back then in the 70s women were still trusting of strangers and without the technologys we have today i think she oculd have been saved or at least her car found

I am a female alone and often have people want a ride from restauraunt or store; I have to stop myself from guys because I think about cases like this and others. I will give rides to elderly females on busline but no men!

i sometimes feel bad, but i grew up with law and order SVU marathons and a mother who escaped an abductor as a teen. read: i was drilled from an early age to be cautious. i would never give a ride to anyone i didn't know, ever. age, race, gender, none of it matters if someone has a gun and/or an unseen partner. yay for kindness, but please be safe!

back on topic, my heart broke for her daughter reading the dad died in an accident 2 years later and the other kid of cancer 4 years later. i hope someone can give her peace about her mom after all this time.

welcome MistyLynn! i haven't posted on this thread in a while, but i thought of your mom recently at a car show where i saw a ford galaxy. i am still hoping for answers for you!

Wow. My parents and I are from Evansville. We moved away when I was little but my parents were living there when she went missing. I'll have to ask them if they knew her or anything about the case. I'm also familiar with the stripper pits because I used to fish there with my grandma's boyfriend (they never married but he was basically my grandpa). I still have family in the area and visit every few years. Spooky.

did you ever talk with your parents?? did they remember anything?

I really wish they would excavate the stripper pit to find Debra or to rule that story out.

They really don't remember much but I want to talk to my aunt to see if she remembers anything from that time. She has lived her whole life in Evansville and would remember much more I think.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back