1199 users online (215 members and 984 guests)  

Websleuths News

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo

ID - Deborah Swanson, 31, Coeur D'Alene, 29 March 1986

The Doe Network: Case File 15DFID

Deborah Jean Swanson

Information is from the Doe Network
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/15dfid.html

Missing since March 29, 1986 from Coeur D'Alene, Kootenai County, Idaho.

Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Date Of Birth: July 30, 1954

Age at Time of Disappearance: 31 years old

Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4; 130 pounds

Distinguishing Characteristics: White female.

Blonde hair; green eyes.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Swanson was a special education teacher in Coeur D'Alene, ID when she she disappeared on March 29, 1986. She was last seen at the Tubbs Hill trail entrance. Presumably, Swanson was going to hike or jog on the trail.

Police found Swanson's car in a parking lot near Tubbs Hill. Her purse and shopping bags were inside. Keys have not been located. She missed appointments schduled for March 30 and March 31, 1986.

Foul play is suspected.

If you have information on Swanson's whereabouts, please contact: Coeur D'Alene Police Department
    208-769-2320

~Praying for a resolution regarding the Deborah Jean's disappearance!

Note to mods: If this is posted in the wrong sub-forum please PM me and I will gladly move it
    Last edited by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed; 05-06-2010 at 08:21 PM. Reason: updated doe network link

Vanished - No clues, no remains

http://www.cdapress.com/articles/200...ews/news01.txt

Posted: Saturday, Mar 25, 2006 - 07:07:38 pm PST
    By Lynn Berk/Staff Writer

Only theories to explain what happened to missing women "It's funny you should call now," says Lynn Swanson. "I had a dream about Debbie last night. In my dream, she was 5-years-old. "But I think I've probably accepted the fact that I've lost her. From the beginning, when my daughter disappeared, I suspected foul play. I knew something was wrong."

And now, officially, so does the Coeur d'Alene Police Department. Twenty years after special education teacher Deborah Jean Swanson vanished, police are hoping the new Secret Witness Program will bring forward information about the woman police now openly believe was a victim of "foul play."

--> more at link

Same MO

There was a serial rapist and killer who worked a similar MO. He struck women jogging on a horse path in one city but had victems elsewhere as well. I believe he was a driver of a Pepsi truck or something like that and so had a wide ranging sales route.

I don't remember his name right off but I wonder if police should be looking at who, in her area, was driving a pepsi truck back then.

Quote Originally Posted by docwho3
    There was a serial rapist and killer who worked a similar MO. He struck women jogging on a horse path in one city but had victems elsewhere as well. I believe he was a driver of a Pepsi truck or something like that and so had a wide ranging sales route.

I don't remember his name right off but I wonder if police should be looking at who, in her area, was driving a pepsi truck back then.

Doc, thank you for this information. I will try to do some digging around and see what I can find. I wouldn't be surprised if it's been checked out, but it can't hurt to do some more checking. It would be nice if her family could be given some answers after all these years. I just can't imagine how that must be.

It was 20 years ago, today, that Deborah Jean Swanson went missing.

I remember when this happened. Deborah Swanson was a teacher at my school.

Deborah Jean Swanson's name came up again today. Local police are revisiting this cold case in hopes they'll get a tip.

http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_n...cc4c03286.html

Crime Stoppers Offering Cash Reward For Information Leading To The Resolution Of Two Cold Cases

Crime Stoppers of the Inland Northwest is offering a cash reward for information leading to the resolution of two cold cases. These cases were profiled by Secret Witness in Spokane in May twenty-seven years ago. In March of 2006 Secret Witness of Kootenai County (Currently Crimes Stoppers of the Inland Northwest) offered a standing reward for these two unsolved missing person cases.

On March 29th 1986 Deborah Jean Swanson was reported missing after she had parked her vehicle in the Third Street parking lot and went onto Tubbs Hill to jog. She was last seen at 4:40pm walking onto the hill. Her vehicle was found in the lot by detectives. It was undisturbed and locked with her purse, wallet and identification in it. An extensive search of the recreational area revealed no evidence as to the reason for her disappearance.

Deborah was employed at the time as a school teacher with the Coeur d'Alene School District. Her disappearance remains unsolved and it is believed by police that she was a victim of foul play. She was 31 years of age at the time of her disappearance and she would be 56 years of age now. She is described as a white female, 5'4, 130 lbs, blonde hair, and blue eyes. See the attached photo of Deborah Swanson.

http://www.khq.com/story/22211942/cr...two-cold-cases

Rewards being offered for information in 29-year-old cold cases

Crime Stoppers of the Inland Northwest is offering a cash reward if you can help police solve two nearly 30-year-old cold cases.

On March 29, 1986 Deborah Jean Swanson was reported missing after she went jogging on Tubbs Hill. Witnesses last saw her walking onto the hill and her car was found in the parking lot, undisturbed, by police the next day. Deborah was 31 at the time she disappeared and would be 60-year-old old today. Police believe she was the victim of foul play.

Deborah Swanson is described as white, 5'4", 130 pounds, blonde hair and blue eyes. However she could obviously look different today.

http://www.khq.com/story/28395737/re...old-cold-cases

"Emotional conclusion: Buhl teacher's art project honors friend who disappeared decades ago"

http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_n...5f3a1e756.html

Popplewell doubts Swanson could be alive after all these years.

"I just wish the family could have some resolution," she said.

As a tribute to Swanson, she revived an art project she first completed with her friend. For the project, advanced seventh-grade art students made "pillow people" of themselves.

"I thought about all the art projects I've done through the years and the ones that were the most fun. This project was one of them," she said. Coincidentally, one of the photos Popplewell has of Swanson is of her holding a pillow person.

"I wanted to convey to my students that in a blink, life can change, and the idea that we can honor and remember those who are gone," she said. "I think the project was a great tribute to her (Swanson)."

Deborah's file on Idaho's Cold Case site:

http://eastidahocoldcasesinc.com/eas...ne-idaho-1986/

There is no doubt in my mind these two women are linked to the Julie Weflen case. One break in any of these cases could solve all three. Look at the time frame, MO, and distance between abductions. Not to mention they all look like they could be sisters. I drive by the Weflen crime scene often & it bugs the hell out of me that the unsub is still free & or unidentified.

Does anyone have any information about the party Debbie attended shortly before her disappearance? Feel free to pm me if you don't want to post here.

It's crazy that Idaho has so many creepy cases. Did she have any suspicious exes, jealous co-workers? Enemies?

Unidentified remains found in a Rock Quarry: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...Quarry-Sept-17