FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animal04216

Smiling Again
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Please continue on here.... with no discussion! Please remember that I will not give any more warnings on this thread!

Post made while I was starting this thread:

fourboys
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2004

Jennifer Kesse's Parents Announce New Reward For Information

UPDATED: March 30, 2006

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The family of Jennifer Kesse launched a new reward effort Thursday to help find their daughter. The 24-year-old has been missing for almost 10 weeks.

Thursday morning, her parents announced they'll give $10,000 to anyone who can help them identify the person of interest. The person was caught on a surveillance camera at the Huntington on the Green condos around the time Jennifer’s car was found there.

Contact Info and more at link:

http://www.wftv.com/news/8365596/detail.html

Hey Websleuthers :)

Tried to post this at the same time that fourboys posted the WFTV article - but, was unable as the old thread had just 'closed'. Sooo trying again.

Hope everyone finds the new thread ... :)

13th Juror

WKMG - 4 pm est

Filmed interview - Drew said they are desperate.

New Reward of $10,000 strictly from the Kesse parents - offered to anyone with information about the "POI" in the picture that leads to Jennifer.

Kesses DO NOT want to prosecute
- Caller may remain anonymous - this "personal reward fund" has nothing to do with Crimeline or their $15,000. reward for arrest & prosecution of the perpetrator. The Crimeline fund is a separate entity.

Joyce & Drew just want their daughter back - and for "that person who knows something" to please call them.

Kesses Direct Cell Phone - 407 - 722 - 2162

If there is anything more on the TV news this evening - I will post it.

13th Juror

Friday night, March 31st, Greta featured a segment on Jennifer's disappearance.

Greta began by saying that the Kesse parents are asking for 'help' and willing to pay for it. Jenn was last seen on Monday, Jan. 23rd. Her car was recovered on Thursday, Jan. 26th in a condo complex parking lot a mile from her home.

Greta continued - Police believe that the "person of interest" caught on a surveillance camera at the 'Huntington On The Green" parking lot may know something about her disappearance. Now, Jennifer's parents are offering $10,000. of their own money for information leading to this "POI".

Greta: "We asked Orlando Police Sargeant Barbara Jones about these images."

Sgt. Jones said they had some technical people out there in the parking lot taking some measurements. She said they did not want to limit viewers by saying that the POI is a certain height or weight because they want people to really look at the images and give 'tips' as to what they see. Doing the technical measurements, it was noted that there may be some infrared crossover and clothing may be lighter or darker than shown in the images. Although the clothing looks to be white or light colored - it may very well be dark clothing. They just don't know.

Jones continued that the "hair" in the image (if it is the hair!) that it's very "different" looking. Said the OPD has canvassed the area hair salons and unisex stylers because it's very possible that this POI goes to a particular stylist on a regular basis - and that the stylist could be familiar with the cut and the person in the image. They're hoping to generate some leads on that front.

Greta turned to Drew & Joyce, who were in a remote location in Orlando, for the updated interview.

Asked if there was any good news or update on the search for their daughter - Drew (looking & sounding extremely tired) replied, no that they were still on the same course but still very positive in nature - and honestly still waiting for 'the call'. He said, "We need to get someone to have the guts to speak up and get some information and that's why we came out with this $10,000. reward."

Joyce was asked about picture enhancement and if this is the best one we can get from the FBI to analyze. She responded that - yes, to her understanding, it is the best they can do - due to the poor quality of the camera used.

Greta asked whether or not the police were able to determine if the picture taken of the POI was captured at or about the same time that Jenn's car was parked there on Thursday. Was it perhaps coincidental - or is there a real liklihood that this is connected to their daughter's car?

Drew responded. Wording his reply carefully - he said, "We believe .. uh, we have actually been told that the picture was taken 'at the same time' that the car was dropped off. And the feeling is that the POI was walking in the parking lot or maybe that the car crossed this person's path while it came into the parking lot. And that's why this person is so crucial to us and really why we've come out with the reward. Another reason we came out with the reward is - it's a very tough neighborhood and we're learning over the 9 and a half weeks that people are not going to talk to the police there .. and they feel that 'Crimeline' .. a percentage of them feel that 'Crimeline' is associated with the police - so, we want to give them another avenue that is not police associated .. which is why we came out with this."

Greta said she was fixated on one thing in particular - that very early in the investigation the police brought dogs over to their daughter's car at Huntington. The dogs went from Jenn's car back - oddly, to their daughter's apartment complex at Mosaic. Greta said it suggested to her the liklihood that someone knows something who either works at the Mosaic complex or is living at the complex.

Greta stated that she knew it was a huge complex and asked Joyce if the police had combed through and questioned everyone who both works there & lives there.

Joyce said - yes, they had been told that OPD had done so. Also that all of the vacant units have been searched more than once. Have they searched every unit? No, because obviously Mosaic residents have the right to their privacy.

Drew mentioned that throughout the construction industry and within a few industries there are illegals working. Greta interrupted and asked if anyone failed to turn up for work that particular day - suggesting they nabbed Jennifer and 2 days later returned her car and went back to work. Any spotty employment records for anyone?

Joyce said - not that they've been told. Drew said that since Mosaic was a "conversion" from rentals over to ownership condos that new owners could have had sub-contractors of their own in the complex - workers not related to Mosaic. Greta said something to the effect that if she were handling the investigation - and, of course, that no one had asked her - "everyone" would be questioned.

Joyce said, "Just to clarify also - even though the car was not found until Thursday - it was actually brought to that complex the day of her abduction. The 'Huntington On The Green' complex where the car was ultimately found.

Just my personal observation - for what it's worth .. in this 3/31 interview, Drew & Joyce just looked exhausted and totally worn out. And who could blame them! What a hideous ordeal they are living! I don't know what 'well' they are pulling their strength & courage from - but, my heart certainly goes out to both of them. Like another poster said a while back .. I wish I could wave a magic wand and dispell this nightmare from all of their lives.

13th Juror

"Info & Support" for Kesse Family ... 4/4/06

There was a quickie film report on Local6 News at 4 pm filed by reporter, Louis Bolden, who has been covering the Kesse's plight to find their daughter.

Drew & Joyce Kesse appeared today before the Orlando City Commission to launch a new push to get 'someone' to come forward in this case.

They appealed to the commission to see that surveillance cameras were installed at all apartment & condominium complexes. They also discussed the "stop snitching" phenomenon (a street term) that has become commercial and basically condemns talking to authorities about criminal activities.

From the short clip ....

Drew: "We ask for you to please continue to support the police and the authorities until we get our daughter back."

Mayor Buddy Dyer responded with kind praising words for the Kesses and said that the city would rededicate resources from OPD to the case.

13th Juror

WKMG Local 6 TV Newscast - 6 pm

There was a bit more about the Kesse's plight and appearance before Orlando City Commission meeting on Monday. Bless their hearts - Drew & Joyce are single-handedly keeping Jennifer's abduction story 'alive' in the media!

Louis Bolden reported that the Kesse family has become well versed on 'a code of secrecy' that's becoming more prevalent on the streets in certain Orlando communities. After ten weeks into the investigation, they've introduced this concept to the Orlando City Council.

In a film clip - the Kesses introduced the council to a disturbing new culture of secrecy on the streets. "Stop Snitch'n" As I posted earlier - it condemns talking to police about criminals & criminal activity.

Sgt. Rich Ring, who is handling the Kesse case, said, "If people stop talking to police about criminal activity - what you'll basically have is anarchy."

Bolden: Law enforcement officers say the mentality could stand in the way of crimes being solved. The Kesses believe the mentality may be standing in the way of their daughter being found.

Because the Kesses believe so strongly that 'someone knows' and they are afraid to talk to police or Crimeline - Drew & Joyce are now working with an attorney to find alternative methods for people to provide information. Bolden said there would be more news on that subject later in the week.

13th Juror

At the end of the repeated Kesse segment on the WKMG TV Newscast at 11 PM last night - there was something additional added.

Reporter Louis Bolden showed several photographs of the Kesses light bronze colored SUV. A company called Luis Signs created a tasteful 'moving billboard' on 3 sides of the Kesse's automobile. The creation, donated to the Kesses by the Orlando company, is complete with a full window sized picture of Jennifer's smiling face .. the reward offered, phone numbers and all pertinent information for contact.

We can only hope that the right person or people will eventually "do the right thing" and make the call that will put an end to this family's horrific nightmare.

Continued prayers for Jennifer, Drew, Joyce, Logan and Rob ...

13th Juror

13th Juror said:

At the end of the repeated Kesse segment on the WKMG TV Newscast at 11 PM last night - there was something additional added.

Reporter Louis Bolden showed several photographs of the Kesses light bronze colored SUV. A company called Luis Signs created a tasteful 'moving billboard' on 3 sides of the Kesse's automobile. The creation, donated to the Kesses by the Orlando company, is complete with a full window sized picture of Jennifer's smiling face .. the reward offered, phone numbers and all pertinent information for contact.

We can only hope that the right person or people will eventually "do the right thing" and make the call that will put an end to this family's horrific nightmare.

Continued prayers for Jennifer, Drew, Joyce, Logan and Rob ...

13th Juror
This is what I prayed for!! I read the "moving billboard" idea on http://FindJenniferKesse.com and didn't see anyone with flyers and became discourage. Now it's happening and I believe it is so important that it did. I am ordering cling flyers you stick on windows that can be easily removed and doesn't damage your car or fade. They are very inexpensive. I will not sell them, just let anyone interested in one to order from the maker directly. It costs money either way to print and tape flyers all around and I wanted something substantial that would last.

I will post this on my small msgboard as well!

Writing looks like Arabic, or something close to that to me.

I thought it was shorthand too, I wonder if anyone knows either shorthand or arabic.

Someone who knows German has added a detailed description of the writing on the flyer! Check back and see. Incredible. CourtTV board has someone who knows a lot too, I wish she would register on flfiesta.com and include the comments there too.

http://flfiesta.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=453

Interesting! My first thought is that the writing was done by someone who is mentally ill - it doesn't make much sense. But I could be very, very wrong!

Well, websleuthers - it's been awhile since there has been even a mention of 'Jennifer's Disappearance' on the local newscasts.

Last night - at the top of the 11 PM news, anchor Bob Opsahl brought the Kesses plight to find their daughter back into focus.

I watched the heartbreaking film footage of Joyce & Drew standing at the corner of Americana Blvd & John Young Parkway (as they have been doing every morning & evening during rush hours!) with their huge signs of Jennifer - making sure she isn't forgotten. They are stedfastly refusing to give up the search for their precious daughter. (And who could blame them!!)

Reporter, Dain Weister is reporting 'live' from the location of the Americana/John Young intersection ...

Even when the Kesse parents are not at that location - the newest signs & posters are on just about every traffic & light pole that one can see. Dain said that the Kesses are actually out there every day - morning & night, during rush hour just praying that 'someone with information' will find the heart to come forward.

The signs are really huge so that the writing can be easily read by drivers passing by. They depict a large pic of the 'POI' walking past the HOTG pool gate - with *Person of Interest: 5'3" to 5'5"* just above the photo. Also a pic of Jenn's car with the caption - *Found at Texas & Americana*. Then there are 3 pics of Jennifer, the web address " www.jenniferkesse.com " - REWARD $15,000. -- 1 - 800 - 423 - TIPS .. and at the very top is printed, *MISSING SINCE 1/24/06 - JENNIFER KESSE*

Very tastefully created and a well laid out format, imo.

Jennifer's boyfriend, Rob, who lives & works in Ft. Lauderdale during the work-week, is also out there at the intersection with a "missing sign" on weekends.

Dain Weister reported that the Kesse parents are still staying in Jenn's condo here in Orlando as they have been since her disappearance - and that they have only been able to do this because their employers have been cooperating and allowing them this 'paid time' to do what they feel they must do. They have, however, used up all their 'vacation time'. Drew Kesse plans on going on 'short term disability' in order to continue on with their search.

There were some poignant and emotionally moving comments made by both Joyce & Drew as they were interviewed while holding their posters at the intersection. Several soundbites ..

Joyce (with her voice breaking): "I couldn't look at a picture of her in her home." (and pictures are all they have left.)

"Sometimes, I do stand here on the corner and I cry - and I hide behind the sign."

When all leads went "cold" and the $100,000. of reward money was pulled away by the donor - the Kesses said they didn't know what to do next .. so resorted to becoming 'human billboards' just praying they'll reach 'the right person' somehow.

This intersection, where they are standing, is between Jenn's condo at Mosaic & Huntington on the Green Apts where her Malibu was located.

An emotionally devasted Drew: "It's a horrible thing - it's beyond hell, really!"

Dain Weister:
Detectives say, 'it's all still a mystery' - that they have no leads on this 'person of interest' who was seen around the time Jennifer's car was abandoned. The Kesses say - no major clues though indicate that she is dead - and still most every day tips are called in. One way or another, the parents said, this is what they have to do.

Drew: "I have undying love for my daughter - n' it's simple & easy - and I would give my life for my daughter."

Joyce: "We're not - we're not going to let her be forgotten!"

Continuing Prayers for Jennifer and her grief-stricken family ...

13th Juror

I can't find this article on the news station website? I like to save the news clips for future reference because they will be archived at a later date.

fl_sun said:
I can't find this article on the news station website? I like to save the news clips for future reference because they will be archived at a later date.

Fl_sun ...

It was not an article.

It was "an 11 PM newscast" that I viewed on WFTV - channel 9. I tried to make that clear in my verbiage above.

I typed up my post for WS after reviewing the recorded news segment. It was more of a 'feature piece' than hard news.

Sorry - there's no link available - just my description of the segment. If it had been an article I would certainly have posted a 'reference link'.

13th Juror :)

Yes, sometimes they have the news online, oh well. Thank you for watching the local news.:)

It's heartbreaking to listen to Jennifer's parents. I sure understand them living in her condo because it makes them feel closer to their daughter. Just being around her things helps. It hurts like heck but it helps.

It's to bad there weren't camera's that focused on Jennifer's parking lot. I'm still inclined to believe it was someone that either lives or was working in her complex. To me it is just so obvious because of the dog tracking back there from her car. The person had to be either going back home or back to pick up his own vehicle, or going back to work. Any of the workers could say they were doing something in an empty condo for an hour or so. I doubt that they run around checking on each other. If someone did check the guy could say that he had gone somewhere else for a while and it would be hard to prove where he really was as his vehicle would still be there because he took Jennifer in her own car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff