1238 users online (264 members and 974 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation NYC Releases 9/11 WTC Emergency Calls

Mods, has this been posted already? I can't seem to find the link, so please delete/merge as necessary...thanks

NYC Releases 9/11 WTC Emergency Calls

NEW YORK - Nearly nine hours of emergency calls, some made from inside the doomed World Trade Center, were released Friday by city officials, detailing the responses of 911 operators to frantic callers caught in the chaos of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attack.

"You saw an explosion at the twin towers?" asked an operator receiving the first call on Fire Department transcripts. The time was 8:47 a.m., one minute after the first plane hit.

The voices of the operators but not the callers were released after The New York Times and relatives of the victims sued to get them.

*more at link*

Audio - Calls for Help

Published: March 31, 2006 - The following are audio and text excerpts of calls made to 911 on Sept. 11, 2001, introduced by The Times's Jim Dwyer and Kevin Flynn.

Note, this is from the NY Times - I use bugmenot to bypass the registration
    user name rageragerage
    password rageragerage
    Freethought is a philosophy not a policy-
    "The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my employer, not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary."

I don't think I could bring myself to listen to my loved ones last terrifying words. How heartbreaking and I imagine those words play over and over for so many years to come.

They had a dad on GMA this morning and he let them play his son's tape. He was amazed at what his son's last 2 words were. Hurry, please. He said through it all he still said please.

Some of the others said they will never listen to the tapes.

Personally speaking, I think all the audio should be released, lest we forget. It's almost like the government wants the people here to forget what happened. I would want to hear my loved ones last words, if at all possible.
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by the original tez
    Personally speaking, I think all the audio should be released, lest we forget. It's almost like the government wants the people here to forget what happened. I would want to hear my loved ones last words, if at all possible.

I agree with you, Tez We must NEVER forget, no matter what

It's so heart wrenching seeing the relatives speak.They start out trying so hard to be strong,and then their chin starts to tremble,and that's when I lose it. If it's that hard for me,I can't imagine how hard it is for them.

And for what? What did killing all those people accomplish,except more sadness and hate.

I just can't comprehend the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by capps
    ...What did killing all those people accomplish,except more sadness and hate...
    The terrorists killed innocent people to create terror in the U.S. If they can disrupt our daily lives and cause terror and panic, they are succeeding with their mission in life--to bring down the United States.

I personally am behind President Bush 100 percent in fighting this war on terror. I personally think that we need to be proactive and tough on this fight. If we don't go after them, they will come after us. They have proven that with several attacks, to include two on New York's World Trade Center.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticamom
    I agree with you, Tez We must NEVER forget, no matter what
    ------------------

I will never forget. I am not related to any victims but they were my people. I was only 9 yrs. when the Japs hit Pearl Harbor~haven't forgot that either and never will. This is terrible to say but I hope I live long enough to see bin laden dead.I really believe it would be best for the families to hear their loved ones voices in the privacy of their homes,not the airwaves.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim
    The terrorists killed innocent people to create terror in the U.S. If they can disrupt our daily lives and cause terror and panic, they are succeeding with their mission in life--to bring down the United States.

I personally am behind President Bush 100 percent in fighting this war on terror. I personally think that we need to be proactive and tough on this fight. If we don't go after them, they will come after us. They have proven that with several attacks, to include two on New York's World Trade Center.
    We do need to fight this war on terror, but it could have been won long before 9-11. If anyone doubts what I said, just read Richard Clarke's book, "Against All Enemies." President Bush was too focused on Iraq to care about bin Laden, and this was pointed out to him numerous times. Heck, even outgoing President Clinton tried to warn him, and he didn't listen.

No, instead he wanted to clean up the mess his father made while President, and he ruined Colin Powell politically in the process. Sorry, I have no respect for what President Bush is trying to do in Iraq. He needs to be more focused on Afganistan and Pakistan.

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

Moussaoui alternated between smiles and boredom.May he burn in hell.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/04/06/moussaoui/index.html

Sadly, as expected with the passage of time, I believe we are forgetting. I think we should be reminded in whatever way just how horrible that day was. We were gathered around TV at work gasping, praying, and, then, physically ill when we realized people were jumping to escape burning to death. I can't even imagine the measure of desperation it took to do that. I don't EVER want to forget or take for granted what we have here in the US.

I will never forget. I saw on that day something that stuck in my brain forever. I was practically paralyzed. I also saw the mechanisms of the corporate world.

I was on my way to a sales meeting at 8:53 a.m.I heard first that a small plane had crashed into the WTC. Then it was corrected. I got to the office and asked it anyone knew what was going on....yes, Jim had a tv in the sales room. Went down and it showed the devastation of the 1st tower. Then shortly thereafter it was the second tower. I was reeling. The tv was turned off so someone could give a presentation on bull (I can't remember). Then we heard that the pentagon was hit. We were trying to get our brokers attention as this was serious....he continued to talk about the Tuesday caravan.

He actually expected that we were so base as to attend a caravan. Some did unfortunatly. I didn't and left this company.No matter howmuch it was touted.I cannot understand the blinding factors and the decision to disregard a US tragedy and to return to a business as normal when nothing is normal. Not when 3000 lives were lost...just not ever!

I will never forget that day either. I was at school when I got an e-mail telling me to go down to the Commons. I got there just as the second plane hit. Everyone stopped what they were doing and just stared. I was stuck at school, my husband drove me that day, but he came and found me in the Computer Lab and told me I was going home. The school I was attending is right in the middle of a bunch of bomb making factories for the US Government. I didn't argue, I didn't feel too safe. Total disbelief was the only words I have to describe what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by the original tez
    We do need to fight this war on terror, but it could have been won long before 9-11. If anyone doubts what I said, just read Richard Clarke's book, "Against All Enemies." President Bush was too focused on Iraq to care about bin Laden, and this was pointed out to him numerous times. Heck, even outgoing President Clinton tried to warn him, and he didn't listen.

No, instead he wanted to clean up the mess his father made while President, and he ruined Colin Powell politically in the process. Sorry, I have no respect for what President Bush is trying to do in Iraq. He needs to be more focused on Afganistan and Pakistan.
    What set everything into motion, really, was when we allowed the Shah of Iran to be deposed in the last 1970s. If Ayatollah Komeini's revolutionary council had been nipped in the bud, a lot of what is going on now would not have been allowed to get so bad. We, and the rest of the West, allowed the spread of reactionary fundamentalist Islam/jihadism. This war started nearly 30 years ago, but we've only been aware of it for about the last 5.

I'll never forget 9/11 for as long as I live. We were stationed at Ft Knox Kentucky at the time and I was up watching the Today Show and saw it all live. My husband called me and told me to go get the kids out of school because the base was shutting down.Trying to get through the front gate was total madness what normally would of been a 5 minute drive took over 2 hours.. I got our kids and the kids and I just stayed home they played, I watched the news non stop and got a million phone calls that day and the following days after asking if my husband was going to war. I felt a sadness all over, everywhere I went I could tell this tragedy changed everyones life. I still choke up when I think about it and all those people holding up their little pictures asking 'have you seen this person'..ugh heartbreaking.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast